Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Muhteşem Yüzyıl

Icon3 [WIP] Muhteşem Yüzyıl

Soon i will release a Submod for the Italien Wars, called Muhteşem Yüzyıl which means The Magnificent Century, it will be a expansion about the Ottoman Empire.
    The aim of this submod is to give the Ottoman faction a much bigger significance in the mod, and much more achievements for the faction.
    Major alteration will be the campaign map itself, which now extends to the east.

The first release i will do, will be something like a alpha version, and with time and motivation, i will try to improve it, if someone has interest to help me, than just pm me.

Here how it looks for now:

Last edited by Aneirin; April 27, 2015 at 11:25 AM.

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Default Re: Sub-Mod: Muhteşem Yüzyıl

Good luck with it!
    Looking forward to your alpha

Regards Neadal
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Well, this will create more opportunities to expand as Venice.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Thats true.
    Also you could add all those events correctly which we couldn't because they were outside the map. The fall of Rhodos, etc.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

What will be the mods start date?

Will you begin the submod with the reign of Bayezid II, Selim I or Suleiman himself?

I will change nothing on the startdate, like it was before iam starting with Bayezid II in 1493 but he was already a old man, Selim I exist already as 23 years old Sehzade, and Suleyman will also exist as 1year old kid of Selim I. So it will be in the hand of the Player, which generation of Sultan will be the glorious one.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Looks awesome, can't wait to play.

WOOW GREAT

Quote Originally Posted by ikooo123 View Post
    WOOW GREAT
    I think that's what you have been looking for?

I was proud as a Turkish subject sorry my bad english

thank you very much

Any news?

If you ask me, I would like to get some more impressions of the map you have created.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

I think this does indeed especially look interesting because of the extended map. Maybe if darthxeion is still working on this and finishes the map, he could join your team and you could incorporate the map in the base mod one day. Just my idea, of course, but as someone has pointed out, it would be a great asset to a Venetian campaign, too, and give the possibility to extend the Hungarian campaign as well (have all of it on the map, add Wallachia and possibly Moldavia). Of course I could also see the point that it shifts the focus somewhat away from Italy.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

As I already said. It would change the whole goal of our mod..

We would have to overwork quite everything and that would take too much of my time

Yeah hopefully darthxeion shows us some updates

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Yeah, of course, it would become the Ottoman wars then If I may ask, are there even enough settlement spots left, or would he have to remove settlements in Italy to make this submod possible? If that was the case it would indeed derail everything too much from the perspective of the mod.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Hi guys!

Yeah hopefully darthxeion shows us some updates
    I will release the alpha very soon, the problem was that i was very busy with work and university stuff the last 3 weeks, but this week i will finish this stuff so far.
    Besides in an excident i deleted some of my progress, so i have to recreate it again.

are there even enough settlement spots left
    There are nearly 40-50 provinces left i could create, but i dont like the idea of city states in the ottoman empire, i try to work with few but big provinces, its at first more historical accurate and secondly, i didnt want to start the Ottoman Empire with something like 20 provinces, it would be to unbalanced and they would just overrun nearly everything.

What iam aiming now so far in the alpha is at first, a fully working map and ottoman empire faction. Besides there will be 2 new Religions, at first the orthodox christianity, and the Islam will be seperated into Sunni and Shia. The next thing to do is to implement the newest patch 4.1 of Neadal into the sub-mod and after this i have to rebalance the units, especially the jannissaries and pikeman.

So far.

Quote Originally Posted by darthxeion View Post
    What iam aiming now so far in the alpha is at first, a fully working map and ottoman empire faction. Besides there will be 2 new Religions, at first the orthodox christianity, and the Islam will be seperated into Sunni and Shia. The next thing to do is to implement the newest patch 4.1 of Neadal into the sub-mod and after this i have to rebalance the units, especially the jannissaries and pikeman.
    To implement the patch won't be a great deal, I will lend you hand for sure

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Muhteşem Yüzyıl

Any progress so far?

Sorry, i was quite busy the last 2 weeks, and i finished another side project, but i will try to finish this submod this week, most things are done, but i still wanted to work on the balance of the units, especially i dont like the outcome of pikemen vs janissary, it feels so wrong

Can I suggest adding the island of Crete? It would be great to recreate the Venetian-Ottoman war over it (though, admitedly, it happened a bit later in time).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast