Thread: Boiling Oil

Default Boiling Oil

I've noticed that a lot of people are displeased at the lack of boiling oil for castles in MTW2. Would it be possible to add this in through modding?

Default Re: Boiling Oil

It's weird because nearly every castle has the spouts for pouring it.

Th AI would would pose no challenge if that oil thing worked... unless it was a pour ONCE kind of thing, so only the first unit throughthe gates faced it and the AI simply put through its weakest unit (which is what I would do), OR took the gates by first taking the walls... then controlliong them- which is the other way I would handle it.

Ebullient Princesses! Titles! Bloodlines! Bastard Traitors!
    So much fun in one little BBB package! Get yours today!

dearmad, the oil worked in RTW when the AI tried to ram your gate, why should MTW2 be any different?

Don't let me post count confuse you.

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

The ai assault settlements different in Medi II tahn in Rome e.g. defending a settlement from aztecs their entire army except for the 3 or 4 other units with siege lined up behind the ram and they all charge the gate if oil was there ud barely need to do anythign now

and as for the modding im not sure whether it could be added and if u did add ud prob need to do somehting to the computer aswell to stop the mass BBQ

Also m not sure this should be in the gathering forum...
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone