Thread: Loading screen glitch

Default Loading screen glitch

Hi, I've been playing the Steam version of the game for years now, without any problems. Recently I got a 4K resolution screen, and since that day, the game loading screens are black. You can see the loading bar below, but without the picture and the quate, which add to my experience. They pop up for 1 second when it begins to loadm but immediately turn to black. I tried reinstalling, tried playing with resolutions as well, nothing works, loading screen is still black. Did anyone else with a 4K screen come across this problem? Is there a fix for it?

Silverheart's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Loading screen glitch

I donīt have such a screen, so Iīm unfamiliar with the problem, but have you tried doing a search for compatibility issues?
    You may need to make some changes in the gamesī compatibility settings.

Alternatively, you could go to the "Medieval II Technical Help" subforum and ask there - the people who frequent that place are sure to have some suggestions
    Heart of silver, Mind of gold
    Fist of iron and Tongue to scold

Proud to be a Viking!

King William the Conqueror's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Loading screen glitch

LOL I didn't even know they MADE 4K computer monitors.

Considering that 4K was not even a thing until 2004 there's a very good chance that the game is not compatible with that resolution.

Medieval II was released in 2006 which means that it was in development well before that. And the engine was in use in the 2004 Rome Total War. And that was being developed before then. Point is that you very likely may have to lower your screen resolution or possible use a different monitor to play older games.
    I hold the blitz record for Medieval II (106 region in 7 turns) set in January 2024.

Check out my Youtube Channel: CosmicConqueror
    Proud Member of TWC since 2011!