Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER 6.3 [DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION]

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER 6.1 [DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION]

Quote Originally Posted by JeanPierre244 View Post
    if there is any doubt about anything - they all got wikipedia entries and other sources of prove in their important role in the 7 years war exept the free company of catalonia was created in 1767 and the swedish hunters are a generic unit.
    the problem i see with imperial destroyer, is that none of the europeans powers has access to light infantry or iregulars in early game..it takes damn long for the light infantry doctrine to be researched. so those units i listed would bring some fresh additions and light inf options for those factions. the univormes are all historically correct and look a little diffrent from your style. makes them even more of a fresh breath. i really hope you add them! thanks for you mod..it made me deinstall darthmod after all those years. that means something
    They were in the mod, but removed: most of them are simply not correct for SYW era and also do not correspond the textures of ID, which would make the armies look simply eclectic. "Swedish hunters" simple doesn't make any sense, Royal Baviere represented by the generalised French German infantry (based on La Mark regiment made by wangrin), Compagnie de la Marine (also from wangrin's mod) is already in game but in a more proper uniform for SYW era, etc etc.

i understand all points but not the compagnie de la marine.. they are not in game. if you are talking about "colonial lineinfantry" then thats not the same unit nor similar. there is no gain in NOT adding them at all. i mean.. how could you be against variety in a game. im happy to atleast have the swiss hallwyl regiment exclusively recruitable in quebec but i think coureurs de bois or compagnie franche de la marine is a must. again:

they would be the only light troops with unique looks

how could you say they dont fit the syw? they where french and indian war exclusive.. wasnt that part of the syw? it shaped the modern day north american continent so how could you lable it as irrelevant really?

well if they dont fit texture wise, then they could be done from scratch or taken from imperial splendour II since they have them too.
    Last edited by JeanPierre244; January 08, 2019 at 05:33 PM.

i understand all points but not the compagnie de la marine.. they are not in game. if you are talking about "colonial lineinfantry" then thats not the same unit nor similar. there is no gain in NOT adding them at all. i mean.. how could you be against variety in a game. im happy to atleast have the swiss hallwyl regiment exclusively recruitable in quebec but i think coureurs de bois or compagnie franche de la marine is a must. again:
    It's the same thing really. English localisation isn't most accurate but the colonial troops for America are based on them:
    http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.p...Marine#Uniform

they would be the only light troops with unique looks

how could you say they dont fit the syw? they where french and indian war exclusive.. wasnt that part of the syw? it shaped the modern day north american continent so how could you lable it as irrelevant really?

well if they dont fit texture wise, then they could be done from scratch or taken from imperial splendour II since they have them too.
    Personally I find present French roster quite good (I would even optimise it a bit more). I don't think the variety is always the best idea to add units if they are already represented in some generalised abstracted way.

Nevertheless, if you have time you could explain why any colonial unit should be added in more detailed way (and why it cannot be represented by other units, for example). And Lodsith would need help with the textures as he doesn't usually have time for this. Coping other guys' work isn't always good idea as the I.D. has its own standards.

Just for the record: Hallwyl regiment uniform was suggested and added by me, considering it's quite special role.

i cant help with anything in terms of 3d modeling or textures. but i can of course give advice.

about the explaning of units. the canadian compagnie franch de la marine is unique in its way and diffrent from the original troop. i explained it already a few posts ago but il do it again..shorter this time
    since both are called the same and you claim the ones looking like standart infantry are already ingame (i guess the colonial line infantry is meant????)
    the ones i am talking about could just be called their original name "Compagnies Franches de la Marine" or "Troupe Legere de la Marine"

Colonial Lineinfantry:

- strict line infantry
    - fancy uniforms
    - nothing special
    - mostly defensive and garrison work
    - looking similar to the standart frech line infantry

Compagnies Franches de la Marine:

- irregulars being able to fight in classic line formation or act as ambushers/guerillia fighters
    - therefore being the only light infantry/irregulars available to the north american theater since yall want it super duper historical correct: no chasseurs de fischer or d'origny allowed in north america
    - the indian musketmen looking like every other indian unit being a boring alternative for lineinfantry (thats where compagnies franches de la marine comes to play)
    - got their special equipment adapted by fighting in the woods
    - tomahawks and knifes instead of bayonetts
    - special uniforms with every soldier having a bit of individual options
    - fighting alongside standart lineinfantry
    - also involved in independet guerilla action
    - soldiers shipped from france but officers only canadian native settlers allowed, to get them a chance to start a carrer in the french army

i got you some gameplay relevant reasons and also some cool facts to make them more apealing for the roleplay aspect
    hope it helps

Vaessili's Avatar Foederatus

i cant help with anything in terms of 3d modeling or textures. but i can of course give advice.

about the explaning of units. the canadian compagnie franch de la marine is unique in its way and diffrent from the original troop. i explained it already a few posts ago but il do it again..shorter this time
    since both are called the same and you claim the ones looking like standart infantry are already ingame (i guess the colonial line infantry is meant????)
    the ones i am talking about could just be called their original name "Compagnies Franches de la Marine" or "Troupe Legere de la Marine"

Colonial Lineinfantry:

- strict line infantry
    - fancy uniforms
    - nothing special
    - mostly defensive and garrison work
    - looking similar to the standart frech line infantry

Compagnies Franches de la Marine:

- irregulars being able to fight in classic line formation or act as ambushers/guerillia fighters
    - therefore being the only light infantry/irregulars available to the north american theater since yall want it super duper historical correct: no chasseurs de fischer or d'origny allowed in north america
    - the indian musketmen looking like every other indian unit being a boring alternative for lineinfantry (thats where compagnies franches de la marine comes to play)
    - got their special equipment adapted by fighting in the woods
    - tomahawks and knifes instead of bayonetts
    - special uniforms with every soldier having a bit of individual options
    - fighting alongside standart lineinfantry
    - also involved in independet guerilla action
    - soldiers shipped from france but officers only canadian native settlers allowed, to get them a chance to start a carrer in the french army

i got you some gameplay relevant reasons and also some cool facts to make them more apealing for the roleplay aspect
    hope it helps

Hi,

As we've already said, les compagnies franches de la marine used to be in the French roster as an elite unit until version 4.9 (which I've reuploaded with Lordsith permission).

Regarding your previous post:

- By no mean French soldiers of the compagnies franches were "irregulars". They were recruited, trained and garrisoned in France or sent overseas.

They have to fight alongside the natives. I've already explain why, but I'll repeat myself: France and especially the men in charge in Versailles didn't give a -insert "F" word- about New France. The first settlements were paid by private companies like "La compagnie des cent-associés", a way for the Crown to reduce the financial risk.

Nevertheless, they were no money, a constant shortage of supply and few but no one in France found himself in a urge of being kill for nothing on the other side of the world. Commanding Officers in Quebec had even to go back to France themself to beg for reinforcement because no one even bother to answer their letters. Once Louisbourg have fell into British hands and the attempt of taking it back failed twice with huge prejudice for the Navy, the order was "do what you can with what you have because you wont get more".

We know how well New France's irregular troops behaved at "la bataille des plaines d'Abraham"... They were undisciplined, unable to keep a line or to sustain even one salvo from general Wolf's troops... The fight last less than 15min and was light year away of being heroic to say the least... It not like settlers sent there were France's finest to begin with...

- Les compagnies franches, as I've mentioned too are marine troops, like the US marines, the British Royal Marines, the Dutch Korps Mariniers... Today's "compagnies Franches" for France would be the RiMa (Régiment d'infanterie de marine). They were everywhere the king and the King's navy ordered them to go. Which included India, the Caribbean islands, fortification along the French coastline and so on...

- As the main purpose of the "compagnies Franches" is to protect the king's ships, according to you, does it mean the soldiers aboard French ships should be dressed like natives too? I don't think so.

- France was an absolute monarchy by the time of the SYW, with a very strict 3 class society. there is absolutely no way to become an officer of the king without coming from the nobility in the first place. Except for exceptional people like Jean Bart if we have to mention one. Jezz, even Napoleon came from Corsican nobility and wouldn't have pass the rank of colonel without the French revolution.

Please, keep your fact straight. You can't ask for historical accuracy and fantasy in the same time.

Here is a link to a document from the French National Library entitled "réglement du roi pour les capitaines et autres officiers des Companies Franches de la Marine" It's a short rules book for officers of the Compagnies Franches to follow by king's will published in 1693. If you read French, look at point XI. if not, here an attempt of traduction:

His Majesty ask his captains, sergeants, corporals, drummers, fifes and soldiers to always wear their dresses of ordinance (uniform) under penalty of galley for those found wearing civilian clothing.
    Unless you don't mind spend few months/year on the rowing brench of a galley, the uniform was mandatory... By king's will...

Best regards.
    Last edited by Vaessili; January 10, 2019 at 04:11 AM.

the word "irregulars" was a mistake by my side since english is not my main language. what i meant was just light troops/ a guerilla fighting force

i am not a history professor by any means and might get a thing or two mixed up but the quint essence is still the same. they didnt dress like normal line infantry and where free to change their uniform to some degree. some had red leggins, some had green leggins some had brown leggins. they mostly wore moccasin instead of the casual infantrymen boots. no tricorne anymore too

and of course i dont demand of ship crews looking like indians what kind of arrogant statement is that? i recommended to make them a diffrent unit to basically have the traditional marines to deploy on ships and every other theater AND the ones exclusively to canada. just to spice that theater up a little bit.
    i dont understand why people in here just denie facts..i mean i even supplied you with sources and you still calling me out on talking basically..

do the pictures i posted up there look like my fantasy?

i got my facts from canadian museeum. i repeat myself and people still dont understand what im trying to say do these look like the same unit to you?:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

!READ!

i got all my information from this and some other articles im trying to find again but for now:

READ THIS

http://www.militaryheritage.com/c_franch.htm

SUMMARY:

On campaign or when stationed in western outposts, the colonial regulars adopted a casual, serviceable dress modeled on that of the woodsmen: buckskin or cloth leggings, moccasins, and breeches of Indian design In some cases, soldiers dressed entirely in the Indian fashionAway from the endless ceremonial duties and formalized tactical rnanoeuvres of European armies, the colonial regulars were somewhat lax in matters of drill and dress. But if their deportment and discipline were more casual than those of the line regiments, their skill in moving and fighting over the rugged Canadian terrain was far superior to that of the regular army units. They became experienced bush fighters and a match for the Indians in their own hit-and-run style of fighting.

As the years passed, the Compagnies franches de la marine assumed a distinctly Canadien character. The colonial force offered little opportunity for promotion beyond the rank of captain and thus was not particularly attractive to the French career officer. However, it did offer an opportunity for members of prominent Canadien families to enter the service, and an increasing number of officer vacancies were filled locally. To accommodate the demand for these popular appointments, a number of officer cadet positions were created, which were occupied by Canadiens.

just telling me that youre only interested in historical correctsness where you want to be, would have done it to me. instead of making a fool of me and acting like i supplied you with made up information. just tell me you dont give a about unit variety and opportunities that would distinguish the mod from others. i would have gone back to working on imperial splendour instead of spending way to much time in here trying to convice you of something and giving my time of research to make it easier for you. all the backlash i got here jesus....
    Last edited by JeanPierre244; January 10, 2019 at 05:03 AM.

Vaessili's Avatar Foederatus

Hi,

Well, English is not my mother tongue either. I'm French, from France and for what it worth, I have a degree in modern History. But yes, I agree, it can be hard to find the proper word to express an idea in a foreign language.

I disagree with you about how you seem to see "les companies Franches" as a 100% French Canadian unit whereas the compagnies Franches were actually a 100% French unit with a portion of them deployed in New France in harsh conditions. The materials you've shared come form a Canadian perspective only. A perceptive which emphasises the part took by the troops based there, as it defines the French Canadian heritage. This part is important regarding Canada's History, granted. But it is (may be sadly) less much than that regarding French History. (we should say historiography)

The link you've shared explains why part of the uniform weren't by the book, but it is an exception related to this theatre only. So my point is: if "Les Compagnies Franches" have to be added again in the French roster, they should be represented with their regular uniform and not the rag uniform they were forced to adopt in one specific theatre.

I'm sorry if you feel offended, it wasn't my purpose.

Best regards.

now we're getting closer.

my idea from the beginning on, was to split them in 2 units.

the ones you are talking about being on ships and recruitable in france to make them sail to what ever theater you want

and the ones im talking about being recruitable in canada. diffrent looks and diffrent stats to make them a worthy addition to the canadian theater.

same was done to the swiss hallwyl regiment. its recruitable exclusively at quebec, has a nice look and diffrent stats.

even tho in reality they came from north western switzerland county of argovia and were sent to canada as part of an expeditionary force to support the canadian settlers in need i think

i love how the mod author handles the hallwyl regiment in the mod and would wish the exact same for the compagnies franches de la marines as a split branch of the rest of the marines. as sort of a unique regiment version of the casual marines.

would you find anything negative about that and why?
    Last edited by JeanPierre244; January 10, 2019 at 07:39 AM.

Hallwyl isn't special for Canada. It's recruitable in all of Americas as it was historically attached to serve along with the marines in West Indies.

Compagnies Franches de la Marine is already in mod and as it was mentioned several times just called "colonial infantry" in obstructed way.

ok 8 posts later filled with fotos and articles about the topic and i still have to bear the claim that they're in the mod already -they're not- or other weak reasons not to add them. so what ever. was nice to revive the forum for a littlebit but lets smother it again with conservativity instead of inovation. thx for some info anyways

freundliche grüsse
    Last edited by JeanPierre244; January 10, 2019 at 07:48 AM.

These guys:

You could add another unit of course with Lordsith but it should comply with the existing one somehow.

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

New Patch for 6.1
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/io2o14...Patch.rar/file
    -Adds garrison natives for Innu faction.
    Just drop files above the old ones.
    You can continue your campaigns.
    Last edited by Lordsith; January 11, 2019 at 12:37 PM.

Did you make use of that spare Native American faction? What new faction are you going to make?

A suggestion for the faction in the Indonesia trade area (I forget the name, the Sultanate that's stuck as Protestant). Why not give that region to the Netherlands, turn the sultanate into the United States (the religion makes more sense now) and now you can use the original U.S. faction for whatever you want. That should give you 2 factions to work with.

I think, if adding a unit les « Coureur de Bois » irregular light infantry, recruited in Quebec and or Montreal, would be a plus. They could represent, irregular militia and retired Franche Marines. But half the numbers of a regular unit, though at the same price.
    Now it’s been a while I haven’t played ID. So I’m assuming that unit isn’t in the roster.

@Steveholmes

ahhh..i see you're a man of culture as well. atleast someone

sadly the unit is not ingame. otherwise, i would still be playing the mod currently
    Last edited by JeanPierre244; January 19, 2019 at 02:15 AM.

excuse me but i read you changed it to where they fire 2 shots? this is not the patriot you know and that movie was completely falsified on a lot of detail and to this day england sucks and so does my country the united states prussia with king frederick made it where they could fire 6 bullets in under 1 minute not only that but the accuracy of the men was incredible and only in the movies did they just go off and fire 2 shots and that was the patriot only this is not hollywood this is history im a tactician not a killer of my troops im asking if you can make a sub mod that fixes that

Quote Originally Posted by justinslater21 View Post
    excuse me but i read you changed it to where they fire 2 shots? this is not the patriot you know and that movie was completely falsified on a lot of detail and to this day england sucks and so does my country the united states prussia with king frederick made it where they could fire 6 bullets in under 1 minute not only that but the accuracy of the men was incredible and only in the movies did they just go off and fire 2 shots and that was the patriot only this is not hollywood this is history im a tactician not a killer of my troops im asking if you can make a sub mod that fixes that
    Ever heard of punctuation? But i have to say i agree... It's game-breaking to have so little ammo. Completly

Aussie-tosser's Avatar Tiro

Yeah the new changes are not that fun imho, I certainly see what lord sith was going for tho, maybe another option? Or maybe a link to 6.0?

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

The mod developer allready stated that will make changes to the last version of the mod ( 6.1 ) either with submods or by another version. dont be so overwelmy aggressive. I aggree that links for version 6.0 and vdm should stay up.

Are there trade ships? I couldn't find it