Thread: 3.7 won't start

Default 3.7 won't start

is this the most recent version?

I uninstalled 3.5.1 (I think?) to update to 3.6 which was not available. and deleted all patches.

Found 3.7 on moddb but it will no longer start. It runs the main screen with the game's title and then black screen crashes to desktop with the "we don't know what went wrong" error message.

I could get it to work if I had the older versions, but they are purged from the internet it seems.

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: 3.7 won't start

Did you download and apply the latest patch for 3.7 (3.7.3)? It is also on he moddb.

Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-tot...-war-373-patch
    Hibernation State: Playing Nintendo games and working on personal projects.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMark9 View Post
    Did you download and apply the latest patch for 3.7 (3.7.3)? It is also on he moddb.

Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-tot...-war-373-patch
    As usual, a simple overlooked step fixed my problem. Thank you.

I got a CTD without error message when attempting to use the custom battle menu, but it only happened the first time and wasn't duplicated easily.

More importantly, another issue I have that might have an easy solution is that the hyrule hystoria menu is not working properly. The available battle scenarios are the vanilla ones. I'm sure a bug like that might be common with mods but it didn't happen in the previous version so you might know what I did wrong there.

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Napoli View Post
    As usual, a simple overlooked step fixed my problem. Thank you.

I got a CTD without error message when attempting to use the custom battle menu, but it only happened the first time and wasn't duplicated easily.

More importantly, another issue I have that might have an easy solution is that the hyrule hystoria menu is not working properly. The available battle scenarios are the vanilla ones. I'm sure a bug like that might be common with mods but it didn't happen in the previous version so you might know what I did wrong there.
    The Hyrule Historia arcs are a separate download from Hyrule Total War 3.7. This is mainly due to file size issues (the cinematics!). To download them, head on over to the Downloads section of the ModDB and download each (or every) arc you wish to experience. Currently there are the Ancient Age, Rise of Ganon, Realm of Twilight, and Gerudo Wars mission packs. Downloading and applying these will not affect the core experience in any way, they just add in the story missions.

HTW Downloads Section: http://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-total-war/downloads
    Hibernation State: Playing Nintendo games and working on personal projects.

Thanks for the info and the link.

I'll bookmark that.