Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Climate Change Mod

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Re: Climate Change Mod

Alright guys, Radious compatible version:

Download

It seems the latest patch has broken this mod. Regions no longer starts with double fertility.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by lampuiho View Post
    It seems the latest patch has broken this mod. Regions no longer starts with double fertility.
    you using other mods as well?

turns out I was running with the 12yr per turn mod which isn't needed to be loaded. but I updated the table for climate changes with the latest table which contains information for the last roman campaign

before that I wrote a little tool to quickly change all the fertility values for all the provinces in the startpos.esf files

I am using the esflibrary.dll so credits to the author of it as well.

AdjustFertility.zip

usage:
    1. upzip to working folder
    2. copy data\campaigns to working folder
    3. run fertility_patch.bat

You don't need to use this for Last Roman campaign and actually you shouldn't because Magnar doesn't have Last Roman campaign (he said that before) so startpos is missing LR values

Why you don't need is, in LR campaign fertility levels are already set to 10 by devs..

baselhun's Avatar Civis

I can't make this mod work, it crash to the desktop when I try to start a new campaign. Anyone can help me with that?

would it be possible to add more fertility levels or maybe just remove fertility decrease?

baselhun's Avatar Civis

bump, please resbond

Quote Originally Posted by baselhun View Post
    I can't make this mod work, it crash to the desktop when I try to start a new campaign. Anyone can help me with that?
    This mod works fine for most users and, therefore, you should provide more information, as it is impossible to guess the cause of your issues without further clues. Which version did you download (4tpy, 12tpy, radious compatible version from SharpEyed)? Are you using any other mods? Which DLCs do you have installed?

@Magnar & SharpEyed:
    Do you guys plan on releasing an updated version that works with the Empire of Sands Culture Pack? Right now, I am using SharpEyed Radious version of the mod, but the new dlc factions do not appear in the Great Campaign tab while this mod is activated.

baselhun's Avatar Civis

I have langobeard,celt,viking, and the last roman dlc. I have download the 4tpy version, and I didn't download radious mod. And I use other mods, but even when I disable them, it does not work.Also when I deleted the startpos file in the mod it worked, but when I do that many provinces have low fertility and it ruins the food balance. I mean the new ffertility levels as suchabove avarage, abudant etc does not work. Thank you for replying I hope we can solve this.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

i dont have the dlc so updating the mod wont allow for the updated factions. I think it would be better if someone who will be purchasing these dlcs will continue to update this mod rather than myself so that those with the dlc will be able to take full advantage of this mod.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

I have langobeard,celt,viking, and the last roman dlc. I have download the 4tpy version, and I didn't download radious mod. And I use other mods, but even when I disable them, it does not work.Also when I deleted the startpos file in the mod it worked, but when I do that many provinces have low fertility and it ruins the food balance. I mean the new ffertility levels as suchabove avarage, abudant etc does not work. Thank you for replying I hope we can solve this.
    this mod hasnt been updated to the latest update so prob doesnt work atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Proper View Post
    @Magnar & SharpEyed:
    Do you guys plan on releasing an updated version that works with the Empire of Sands Culture Pack? Right now, I am using SharpEyed Radious version of the mod, but the new dlc factions do not appear in the Great Campaign tab while this mod is activated.
    Well I wish, but startpos is an hard stuff for me to mess with, and I've no time and desire to learn it..

My only doing was taking the ready version of Magnar and change some building effects stuff of Radious mod

baselhun's Avatar Civis

So unless the creator of the mod buy these dlc, he can't update? So I can't make this mod work?

So unless the creator of the mod buy these dlc, he can't update? So I can't make this mod work?
    he still can update but it won't work with the dlc factions that he doesn't have

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    he still can update but it won't work with the dlc factions that he doesn't have
    exactly that.

so im not sure what i will be doing with this mod atm.

@sharp, if you want i can walk you through editing the startpos for this mod. It is very easy to do and takes maybe 10-20 mins tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    exactly that.

so im not sure what i will be doing with this mod atm.
    actually solution is simple: someone that has all dlc will upload the startpos and the buildings table which I don't have atm.
    but both aren't more than 15-20 mb I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar
    @sharp, if you want i can walk you through editing the startpos for this mod. It is very easy to do and takes maybe 10-20 mins tops.
    not possible atm :/

Well, it's even simpler really. You don't need to own the DLC to mod the startpos and buildings table. I've already done it for my own building mod, which incorporates a modified version of this mod.

baselhun's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Well, it's even simpler really. You don't need to own the DLC to mod the startpos and buildings table. I've already done it for my own building mod, which incorporates a modified version of this mod.
    So are guyss gona make video about it what? My english sucks, it'd be hard to personally teach me.

Even if you don`t have the DLC the faction are in the game I think. Just not playable. So the file should be there too. Or am I seeing that wrong?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast