Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Climate Change Mod

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Climate Change Mod

Quote Originally Posted by 7ED View Post
    Hi, is anyone else having trouble with the 12tpy version? So its clear that the building bonus changes, and the fertility levels have all been implemented, but it has NOT been added to the campaign map, so at start egypt for instance will have 5/10 fertility instead of 10/10.
    is it the same in the 4tpy version?

Nice mod! Thanks

No, the 4 tpy version works fine. It is just the 12 tpy version. Also, if you want to mod it so that egypt and other super fertile territories don't lose fertility at the same rate, you can just do that with the mod you have now by tweaking the building bonuses. Cap out the farm bonuses at level 5 fertility, like it does in vanilla, but have 10 fertility levels. That way, egypt, set at 8 fertility for example, wouldn't be affected by climate change until after seal 3. whereas a province that starts with 3 fertility, is hit by the penalties right off the bat.

I mean from a historical standpoint this whole climate change is just goofy. The original article, and it really was just one article (and questionable research at that), talked about climate VARIABILITY not cooling being the important factor. Even then it certainly didn't have the drastic effects in this game. Egypt was the bread basket for Constantinople right up to the Arab conquest.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by 7ED View Post
    No, the 4 tpy version works fine. It is just the 12 tpy version. Also, if you want to mod it so that egypt and other super fertile territories don't lose fertility at the same rate, you can just do that with the mod you have now by tweaking the building bonuses. Cap out the farm bonuses at level 5 fertility, like it does in vanilla, but have 10 fertility levels. That way, egypt, set at 8 fertility for example, wouldn't be affected by climate change until after seal 3. whereas a province that starts with 3 fertility, is hit by the penalties right off the bat.

I mean from a historical standpoint this whole climate change is just goofy. The original article, and it really was just one article (and questionable research at that), talked about climate VARIABILITY not cooling being the important factor. Even then it certainly didn't have the drastic effects in this game. Egypt was the bread basket for Constantinople right up to the Arab conquest.
    effects aren't capped. possible to maybe do it with scripting but not with the db tables.

yeah seems not to be working for the 12 tpy editon

I got a question. I had an ongoing campaign as the WRE and started running into some food problems due to climate change. I was at about -50 food in summer, so I looked for a mod and found this. After I added it and reloaded the game, i was at -550 food in summer . What did i do wrong?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by bubadoto View Post
    I got a question. I had an ongoing campaign as the WRE and started running into some food problems due to climate change. I was at about -50 food in summer, so I looked for a mod and found this. After I added it and reloaded the game, i was at -550 food in summer . What did i do wrong?
    may be a conflict with another mod

Libertus

Magnar, will this mod work properly without the startpos?

PumpkinBread's Avatar Miles

Icon2 Re: Climate Change Mod

is still happening.

[edit] eh went in and fixed it myself.
    Last edited by PumpkinBread; March 16, 2015 at 12:26 AM.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinBread View Post

is still happening.

[edit] eh went in and fixed it myself.
    yeah ive not updated it yet

PumpkinBread's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    yeah ive not updated it yet
    Very understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinBread View Post
    Very understandable.
    Hi Magnar. Thanks for the plenty of your must have mods. The 12tpy version works for me- Egypt will start with 10/10.

I was just wondering if you had updated the 12tpy version to work correctly with the events that happen in the game. I think they're edited for per turn as opposed to actual date? So when the climate change happens. Attila's birth etc? Regards,

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Twich View Post
    Hi Magnar. Thanks for the plenty of your must have mods. The 12tpy version works for me- Egypt will start with 10/10.

I was just wondering if you had updated the 12tpy version to work correctly with the events that happen in the game. I think they're edited for per turn as opposed to actual date? So when the climate change happens. Attila's birth etc? Regards,
    oh yeah i see what you are saying. I didnt think about that.

will update it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    oh yeah i see what you are saying. I didnt think about that.

will update it.
    Thank you- looking forward to it.

Your 4tpy version isn't downloading at the link you provided

Laetus

Does this mod make fields produce more food than goat/camel herds? Because after all is said done the vanilla game forces us into animal husbandry even in the most fertile provinces. Not growing anything along the Nile/Tigris/Euphrates is very frustrating.

Not working for 12tp =/ got same problem above, Egypt 5/10 turn 1 (Spanish version btw) http://i.imgur.com/amPgB7X.jpg

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Le Tigidou View Post
    Does this mod make fields produce more food than goat/camel herds? Because after all is said done the vanilla game forces us into animal husbandry even in the most fertile provinces. Not growing anything along the Nile/Tigris/Euphrates is very frustrating.
    at the start everything is the same as vanilla. In the end farms will produce more than they did in vanilla

Enabling this mod currently makes the Celts unplayable, any chance of a patch?

Quote Originally Posted by the herald View Post
    Enabling this mod currently makes the Celts unplayable, any chance of a patch?
    I was going to post the same comment.
    Hope that Magnar updates soon his mod.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast