Thread: New Multiplayer guy here looking to get into it

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Default New Multiplayer guy here looking to get into it

So i've played rome tw at least once a month since release in SP. Ive never liked multiplayer but watching biscuits total war channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65mLRfHl6tU) videos on multiplayer games have given me motivation to try my hand at it.

Ill be a complete newb in this im used to playing extremely defensively against AI hordes for years on end, Im available all this week any time except tuesday and friday where ill only be available afternoon (5pm+ GMT) till very late and usually every second weekend after that to have a bash at RTW multiplayer. Im also willing to do more than one battles in a row.

Is there anyone out there still playing RTW online (im sure there are biscuits vids are very recent like 2015 recent) that may be able to jump on a VOIP like ts and teach me the ropes? (i have access to a ts channel we could use) would need to be super patient english speaking person ready to kick this newbs old AI fighting habits and show me how its really done.

Im up for joining clans if i get good enough, and dont mind any Civilized roster (greek variants, roman) or trying my hand at parthia, as these are all my most fav factions in SP.

Also any tips for a complete newb going from SP to multi would be helpful!
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.

Default Re: New Multiplayer guy here looking to get into it

Well ehm you'd be better off trying 31k rules if you like large amounts of men on a battlefield, but if you want to be really good try cwb, just type into youtube TAoW rtw HoS rtw or CoH rtw you should learn a bit from them

Default Re: New Multiplayer guy here looking to get into it

I just reinstalled RTW. MP online would be good. Dunno about server stuff my old acc. doesn't work for sure.

Like MTWII for online play, you have to give your CDkey to steam to enable play, apparentley. I haven't attempted it due to redownload of game without mod use etc.