Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug Reports

I think we can at least get the celtic garrisons to be vanilla level pretty easy, will work on it.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Avernus's Avatar Libertus

Dresden, you're my hero!
    Grogmir from totalwar.org.pl

Avernus's Avatar Libertus

Unfortunately, the last update broke the game for non-overhauled nations. How we can now recruit better units (tier 2 spearmen for Celts, for example), if technology improvements have been removed? Buildings don't give you upgraded versions of old units.

I really don't understand this desire for keeping the old units, when we can have better versions after upgrade. Ok, they are slightly more expensive, but that is the price of progress... and you don't have to upgrade them if you don't want to. Now we can have only basic version of starting units, which makes the game unplayayble.

Thank you for fixing the garrisons, though. DeI is a masterpiece and I hope that some day FotE will be even better.
    Grogmir from totalwar.org.pl

Slashas's Avatar Miles

Sooo, seems I have to play my entire geats campaign with nordic band

Right I forgot to add in the recruitment entries, I will add back the tech upgrades for now until we get to that.

Edit - uploaded new part 1 that adds unit upgrades back in for non-overhauled factions for now.
    Last edited by Dresden; August 14, 2015 at 06:47 PM.

ERE in the campaign is unable to recuit the Scholae Catafractarii and Schola Clibanarii.

Missing text for Family politics. I actually want to revert back to the old version, is this possible? I want to mod in the values of the previous FOTE into my faction politics.

Missing text for which part?

You want to remove all the overhauls because of a few of the political effects? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Missing text for which part?

You want to remove all the overhauls because of a few of the political effects? ...
    Nonononono. I love your overhauls =) I just want to be able to access the previous values of the previous version and mod it in myself I liked the rough loyalty system you had in place. Was it broken somehow or just too difficult?

On the family tree screen, when you hover over the different tiers of power, usually it says "impressive/etc" those are missing. I was worried there was a bug somewhere that would crap out my entire game.

The loyalty system we added is actually harder than it used to be I think. We removed it for Romans (for now) because of the difficulty in getting higher influence levels for them. We are considering options here, such as adding new minister positions for Emperors, etc.

Power politics lacks some texts:

Roman AI is recruiting mostly cheap troops in late game, this happens i think because it is only building limitanei military buildings:

Lanciarii Ambactii (levied from the Alammani) do not have textures of their own:

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Noticed the navy is not proportionate to FOE changed Unit size. I play on medium because I personally prefer my unit size around 120 per unit. The navy 1st tier units seem to have only 32 men per unit. makes it hard to defend a a city that suppose to have a strong military fleet garrison and armored marines cant hold up to even sea sick skirmish land units in the water.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

The mid-tier bowmen for the Vandal faction has something wrong with their bow-animation. When the bow is nocked with an arrow the bow appears as an short bow, but when the bow is just resting un-nocked in the hand it appears as an longbow. Maybe you already know though.

This is off-topic but I also saw this in some older DeI-versions.

Also happens with some other units in DeI still, it is something with the bow animation and custom bow models.

I think I now the issue - bowmen's bow is tied to their animation type. If they are equipped with the shortbow but have a longbow animation, then once the bow starts to 'bend' it'll become the animation one.

Ok thanks for answering! Do you guys think it's fixable in some way?

In my ERE game, there's a mismatch between what is being reported for naval garrisons and what actually exists. For instance, a Level III Military Wharf says it's supposed to have a garrison of 2xBattery Liburnian, 1xGreek Fire Dromon, 2xLiburnian Galley, 1xSkeid Longship, and 2xLiburnian Skirmisher; it only has the 1xGreek Fire Dromon and 2xLiburnian Galley.

In custom battle, Brachiati Iuniores for ERE only costs 450 while being an elite unit.

Similar thing with Equites Bucellarii. They are cheapest shock cavalry available but they are far from worst.

Bastion Onager can be selected in field battles.

Attacking Testudo gives a +15 bonus to Attack against Infantry. Gives you a huge advantage if you know how to keep Attacking Testudo formation from deactivating when in melee.

Morale affecting abilities are not balanced for +30 Base Morale.

War Cry unit ability doesn't do anything.

Don't now if mentioned before, but when raising a new army and selecting a general, then you get the option to choose bodyguard, however, the 3rd bodyguard option is hardly visible, also the unit cards do not show how many men there are on the unit.

With last 3.0 version the eastern roman empire is still unable to recruit the schola elite catafractarii and clibanarii.