Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports

Avernus's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Bug Reports

Ok, so I'm waiting for celtic fix. Thank you for information.
    Grogmir from totalwar.org.pl

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

When I tried to swap units/combine armies and select one unit, 3-4 other units are selected as well. Obviously this gums up combine armies and swapping units. Kind of a small issue.

Was also able to build 6 siege towers in 1 turn.
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; August 11, 2015 at 09:23 PM.

Fairly certain that isn't anything we have modded.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I am not the roster guy but I can say they have some lancers recruitable from -
    att_bld_barbmigs_leadership_elders_3
    att_bld_barbmigs_leadership_elders_4
    If thats possible, it at least does not show up in the content browser in campaign as recruitable option (actually the only cavallery I can recruit as burgundians are all kind of melee cav) nor does it show up in the custom battle roster (same there, only melee cav). I found the same issue for the Alamans, (the Burgundians), the Suebians and the Visigoths. The vandals and the Franks have at least some cavallery left, but much less then in vanilla. I think that also aplies other factions as well, but these are the ones, where I noticed it.
    Was it maybe intentional to lessen the cavallery-options in general?

Yeah that is intentional. Lancers with a two handed kontos were way too abundant for factions who never had any account of using it. In terms of evidence we have the strongest evidence for the Langobardi/Gepids using it, semi-strong assumptions of the Ostrogoths doing so (given their Sarmatianized influence), less strong assumptions of the Marcomanni and Quadi using it, and then no evidence except for sarmatian allies/mercenaries/auxiliaries for others.

Right now that auxiliary feature is a bit unfair as the Vandals and Franks get it, but eventually when we tackle AOR/auxiliaries the goal will be to allow for recruiting Sarmatian auxiliaries/allies in certain circumstances for other Germanics.

You should be able to get one jav-cav as the Burgundii. If not that is definitely a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    Yeah that is intentional. Lancers with a two handed kontos were way too abundant for factions who never had any account of using it. In terms of evidence we have the strongest evidence for the Langobardi/Gepids using it, semi-strong assumptions of the Ostrogoths doing so (given their Sarmatianized influence), less strong assumptions of the Marcomanni and Quadi using it, and then no evidence except for sarmatian allies/mercenaries/auxiliaries for others.

Right now that auxiliary feature is a bit unfair as the Vandals and Franks get it, but eventually when we tackle AOR/auxiliaries the goal will be to allow for recruiting Sarmatian auxiliaries/allies in certain circumstances for other Germanics.

You should be able to get one jav-cav as the Burgundii. If not that is definitely a bug.
    Thank you for very mutch for clearing that up
    How is an AOR Stystem implemented at the moment, and how will it work (similar to DEI)?

It isn't implemented yet. As I understand it, Attila didn't make use of it as Rome 2 did so it is more intensive to add in for mods. But, it is possible. We will be working on that for the final update after the factions get revamped.

I have an issue to report. The elite gothic swords, cant remember names, have their swords on their sides. It's odd. And the quotes clibinarii have certain men who are invisible, but only if the unit details is higher than max performance. I am using the steam version. Love the mod, just want you guys to know this bug is there. Thanks guys.

Thanks for the report!

Just got the name. It's the comitati spathiarii.

I have a bug where Saxons have the same unit with the same stats available for recruitment. Number of men, recruitment cost and upkeep are different though.

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus183 View Post
    This is intentional. For the factions that haven't been overhauled yet, there are duplicates of most units available; one that can be upgraded via tech and one that is not, so you'll still be able to recruit it once you've researched the tech.
    This is intentional.

Ok thanks, that might belong into the discription of the mod download or people will wonder why that is. :p

It's in the download post in the update notes. Since its only temporary until we get to overhauling all the factions/cultures we haven't listed it as an "official" feature but maybe we should.

Seems like the Milites Anstrutiones General Unit (playing as Franks) have 2 Shield Wall stances (can be enabled/disabled separately)

Last edited by SirGerakul; August 13, 2015 at 04:54 PM.

So Celtic garrisons, despite being homogenous (only one unit) and numerically inferior to Roman/German ones (5-6 crappiest units on tier 2) also don't upgrade after researching technologies. Therefore, in Britain we have really crappy garrisons that ruin your idea of difficult and slow conquering. If you could fix it somehow, it would be greatly appreciated. Anyway, great job!

It's not just the celts that suffer from that right now, it's most factions since we havent overhauled everyone yet, so we can't really just fix one of them without doing our actual culture overhaul entirely which is a lot of effort. I'm afraid you'll probably have to wait until we get to our Celtic culture overhaul before anything gets happens with that.

Is it connected to the fact of leaving old units able to recruit after reforms? If so, maybe it is possible to make a submod without this feature (honestly, I've never recruited any of old units after upgrading them) and with vannila garrisons for not-overhauled nations?

Anyone who wants can make any submod they want. I'm just saying the team will most likely not divert efforts to it anytime soon.

Sure, thank you anyway. Good luck on improving the mod!