Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug Reports

Both the Roman Expedition and the Ostrogothic Kingdom have entire units without textures (They appear invisible) and also some of the units might lack shield and helmet textures.

Yeah I didn't realize we had specific faction variants for all those units. I will have to assign them to the new factions, thanks! We hadn't planned to make the update Last Roman compatible but I tried (and failed!!)

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Also we will be releasing an update patch with various fixes this week (as we gather reports). So thanks again.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

This is kind of a weird issue: If I launch the game using the Steam mod manager, I can see all the factions for the Grand Campaign as selectable, but if I launch it thru Mitch's mod manager, the Suebi do not appear to be playable from the selection screen.

I believe the Suebi require a DLC? I am not sure, but also Mitch's mod manager hasn't been updated in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I believe the Suebi require a DLC? I am not sure, but also Mitch's mod manager hasn't been updated in awhile.
    Yea, Suebi were 'free'-LC so it installed as a free update for everybody. I use Mitch's manager because I use the Imperiales Economie mod and Better CAI as well. At least for Imperiales Economie, that mod's instructions are to have that mod '1st' on the mod manager list to take proper effect. This is something you cant do in the Steam mod manager. Do you use any of these mods I mentioned by chance, Dresden?

To have them listed first in Steam you have to change them to be higher alphabetically.

Hey everybody,

first of all : AWESOME WORK !! I really have the feeling, that you know what you are doing.

One Question/report: what happened to the shock-cav in the burgundian roster? As far as I remember, they had pretty good cav. Did you cut them for balancing reasons or is this a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    To have them listed first in Steam you have to change them to be higher alphabetically.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll play around with the order a bit later and see if this fixes my issue.

Edit: It's not you, its me

The version of Imperiales Economie (Gold 4TPY) that I have doesn't support the Suebi update, so I'm fairly certain that was my issue and not the updated FOTE. Sorry & thanks!
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; August 11, 2015 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Misreport

Avernus's Avatar Libertus

Hello,

I bought today the Celts DLC, hoping to start a new campaign with Ebdanians on FoE 2.0. The Celts recruitement, however, seems to be bugged. For example, you have 2 types of Celtic Levies available to recruit, that differ in recruitment and upkeep costs. The same is with some axe warriors in Picts campaign.
    I really look forward to playing Celts, so I hope it can be easily fixed. Cheers!
    Grogmir from totalwar.org.pl

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

This is intentional. For the factions that haven't been overhauled yet, there are duplicates of most units available; one that can be upgraded via tech and one that is not, so you'll still be able to recruit it once you've researched the tech.

Thank you for the reply. Is that intentional also, that diverse garrisons from vanilla became rather homogenous (11xCeltic Levy for Ebdanian town, for example; in vanilla we had cavalry, archers, etc.)

I don't think it's intentional per se, but it's probably out fault, lol. We must've messed something up when we added compatibility for the new Celtic rosters. I doubt we'll spend time fixing it for the next release though, unfortunately.

Roman Lanciarii Comitatensis have a low melee attack (10) while most germanic spear infantry units have it above 15-17. Sassanid Immortals and Elite Immortals have too low defense values for elite spear infantry (14-24 respectively), also elite immortals have an insane amount of armour (110)
    Last edited by juanplay; August 11, 2015 at 01:57 PM.

Hmm the elite immortals have a vanilla entry that actually isn't very high, I wonder why they would have the amount in game. A lot of the units we haven't overhauled yet (we changed their weapons to our custom ones but haven't done all the armors).

And whats about the burgundians? Is that also intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by blendcry View Post
    And whats about the burgundians? Is that also intentional?
    I am not the roster guy but I can say they have some lancers recruitable from -
    att_bld_barbmigs_leadership_elders_3
    att_bld_barbmigs_leadership_elders_4

If you're talking about a vanilla set of units not being present then yes, that is intentional.

Ok, my last question for now - is the lack of guerilla deployement in Celtic factions intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    Roman Lanciarii Comitatensis have a low melee attack (10) while most germanic spear infantry units have it above 15-17. Sassanid Immortals and Elite Immortals have too low defense values for elite spear infantry (14-24 respectively), also elite immortals have an insane amount of armour (110)
    It's intentional for there to be a disparity between German/Roman units with the Germans having more attack and the Romans having more defense. Might be it's too severe right now though, but see if Lanciarii are able to hold the line against German spears or if they are both too weak defensively and offensively.

And the lack of guerilla deployment is not intentional, they should still have that.