Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Bug Reports

For some reason, all of my new candidates look the same. All of my governors/generals will soon be a bunch of bearded men. Any solution to this?
    EDIT: Finally a new candidate looks different. Still a bit strange that I got so many candidates that looked the same. Maybe it's just random. Some help would be appreciated though.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Eldgrimr; May 28, 2017 at 04:21 PM.

I think its just random unfortunately

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Steam version just freezes on load for me. I've heavily modded the game whilst developing my own mod, and perhaps something from there has caused it to not work. But other mods work and also I reset cashe. Are there any problems with the steam version 4 parts?

Not that I know of - it should work like normal

Hi! I have a problem with the White Huns and that is that some of their elite units appear without their horses in the battles as they were dismounted units. How I could fix this?

Besides, are they models from the mod of Avetis about the White Huns not?

Are you using any other mods that have unit tables in them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Are you using any other mods that have unit tables in them?
    Yes several, so the solution is that I disable them not?

Anyaways, I find the system of installation of mods for STEAM very odd and problematic in comparation with the "Mod manager" that had for Empire Total War, which let me to have installed several mods without almost any problem of compability (even several mods of packs of units for the same faction)and when it was one indicated which were the files that caused the conflicts.

Other unit mods and unit packs are not really compatible with this mod. We change so many stats and unit sizes they aren't meant to be used together. Also, if another mod has unit tables in them, they will conflict with our settings and you will get things like horseless cavalry.

This is a bug I have been having for awhile but the problem is that underneath the general portrait is the selection for the bodyguard. It of course prevents me from choosing the bodyguard unit for a general. Any idea how to fix this would be awesome
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170618172712_1.jpg  

I'm playing as the danes and when recruiting ships I can see 2 identical versions of the Snekkja longship. All stats are the same, except one is slightly cheaper.

Playing as Himyar with Europa Perdita.

Heavy horse archers have 60 damage on arrows, it's a bit unbalanced.

Also, Armored Camel is the only unit with vanilla name, breaks the immersion a bit when all the other units have unique names

The Himyar lvl. 5 barracks have no units assigned to them. That's a shame, as it is the unique mechanic of that nation, to get the religion up and build those barracks.

Couple of bugs. Himyar royal spearmen or swordmen forgot which one. is showing not weapons in the hand.

There is a major game breaking bug. The CAI for various factions will act stupidly for some faction in the game by disbanding armies or not rebuilding and resurrecting dead navies and armies. It is completely random. Playing the game with fow or just looking at save parser files shows factions that have tons of income but no armies mid game. It is beyond game breaking.

There needs to make a force value for all AI factions to take absolute priority on making the current armies = total allowed armies and navies for imperium level. Then force the ai to build full stacks or have at least 60-70% of their total max force. I noticed on my play through that WRE for example had all their stacks destroyed and now they just have 1 navy with 4 vessels for the past 30 turns. they are not doing anything. Another playthourgh ERE didn't do anything and disbanded some armies. Also i have seen factions disbanding buildings to tier 1 even if they are the same culture group. Another modder on Steam MINOS noticed the same issue but he moved on to Warhammer. Please modders, for the communities sake, save this game from this game breaking bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Fox View Post
    I'm playing as the danes and when recruiting ships I can see 2 identical versions of the Snekkja longship. All stats are the same, except one is slightly cheaper.
    This is true for a lot of factions I have seen it for barbarians and ERE, and WRE
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 31, 2018 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

As i reported on Steam, FOTE_Roman_building_units_allowed is bugged. It contains double enumeration error ID 180333 is doubled.

Ah, the same file - there are unused doubled strings with roman cohors and funditores as well. Not much just using space .

Another findings in files:
    _FOTE_GERMAN_land_units_to_unit_abilites_junctions - doubles abilities for the same units (yes, they are doubled, not the same ability to different units),
    _FOTE_MERCENARY_land_units_to_unit_abilites_junctions - as above,
    FOTE_DESERT_land_units_to_unit_abilites_junctions - as above
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 09, 2018 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Bug: 1: Aksum, Garamantia and many other african factions have arabic units which is ahistorical. 2: Protectores Domestici cant be choosen as a general unit when hiring a new general, only Comes and Magister Militum are available 3: Abkazia, Kartali, and all of the caucasian-eastern kingdoms have persian units. This is ahistorical aswell (they are not even persian satrapies or client states) 3: Without the Protectores general unit, there is not historical accurate role-playing with Limitanei/comitatenses/palatini units, because you can't choose a comes or a magister militum general for a limitanei army

Quote Originally Posted by Flavius Ibrahimius Augustus View Post
    1: Aksum, Garamantia and many other african factions have arabic units which is ahistorical.
    I suppose this is mostly due to great mess in units names. they are not arabic, they have wrong names. However Lachmids can recruit berber units, that's all just a lack of standarization.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavius Ibrahimius Augustus View Post
    3: Abkazia, Kartali, and all of the caucasian-eastern kingdoms have persian units. This is ahistorical aswell (they are not even persian satrapies or client states)
    I guess they didn't touch the rooster of those states (all caucasian culture), some names - again - were replaced, but that all is vanilla in fact.

thanks for replying

Yet another broken file - "_FOTE_NEUTRAL_unit_variants" also contains double registry string.

"_FOTE_GERMAN_units_variants" also doubled strings.

Following files are out of date (probably you missed last patch with EoS or Slavs Culture pack):

doctor_ERE_military_building_levels
    doctor_religion_building_levels
    doctor_WRE_military_building_levels
    FOTE_ministerial_positions
    FOTE_special_ability_phases

I have found main conflicting issue within FotE files - this is serious issue as it messes both units stats, icons for shareable units and probably more that i can't figure now. The table "FOTE_Edited_Units_main_units" contains duplicate entries for the units that are also contained into other tables within the same tab, like "_FOTE_NOMAD_Units_main_units". The files have different IDs (huge bug) and different stats of course .
    That is something that should be corrected at first.

Those files have also misplaced units names with units strings for some roman units:
    _FOTE_GERMANS_unit_variants
    _FOTE_NEUTRAL_unit_variants
    _FOTE_ROMAN_ - as above
    _LastRoman_unit_variants

FotE also is missing "variants" table, only white huns are added (and 1 unit variant is missing there), no all rest new models. I know game can still read that, but that may be another issue about messed icons.

Some fixes were added to my hotfix, but major bugs cannot be corrected without full rebuilding "@fall_of_the_eagles_0.pack" as i don't know which data is correct and which is an error.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 31, 2018 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Considering coming back to Attila and this mod, but wanted to ask -- has the unit sizes bug been fixed? Last time I played I recall all of the starting units being quite small, although recruited units were larger on ultra. It really throws off campaign balance.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Hello i have a problem with this mod (i have fote + europa perdita + fall of the eagle and europa perdita revised mod) on three campaigns (vandals, franks, wisigoth)

around the truns of 50 the game crash at the turn of eastern roman empire)

thank you in advance !

Quote Originally Posted by merzhin View Post
    Hello i have a problem with this mod (i have fote + europa perdita + fall of the eagle and europa perdita revised mod) on three campaigns (vandals, franks, wisigoth)

around the truns of 50 the game crash at the turn of eastern roman empire)

thank you in advance !
    I don't think FotE team is going to answer you as you refer to my submod, which this site is not dedicated. Try to use advices that are given in Mod's Steam discussion about graphic options. If they do not help, use full turn visible option to note what essentially makes crash (i mean which action of ERE/WRE ends with crash).

EDIT: Thing resolved anyway .
    Last edited by Cgma; February 02, 2019 at 02:31 AM.