Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Bug Reports

It is not a bug per say, but I have reinstalled Attila and FoE, but since the patch FoE does not load. I do have other mods, but it seems to be FoE

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

What other mods do you have?

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I was just about to edit my post, and apologise! I jumped to conclusions after going through everything it seemed there was something wrong with my installation.

Hey folks,

It looks like there's an issue with the way you have redefined the 'armed_citizenry_units_to_unit_groups_junctions' table to only include in most cases just a single unit per group. In Vanilla (at least on the latest patch of this writing), a unit group, e.g. 'att_rom_limitanei_borderguards' contains SIX entries:

att_rom_limitanei_borderguards
    att_rom_comitatensis_spears
    att_rom_western_auxilia_palatina
    att_rom_eastern_auxilia_palatina
    att_rom_cornuti_seniores
    att_rom_cornuti_seniores
    Yes, Cornuti being there twice is real, and results in twice as many of those units loading per garrison when you upgrade to Cornuti from Palatina.

In your mod, you have the group containing only 'att_rom_limitanei_borderguards'. This causes a problem, for example at the 'Colonia' level ('att_bld_roman_west_city_minor_generic_2'), when you have four copies of this group listed. That's great for the start of the game, but when you upgrade to Comitatensis Spears, there are no longer any valid units for the stack of 4x 'att_rom_limitanei_borderguards [group]", and the engine seems to handle this by loading just one single copy of Comitatensis Spears.

So here's a 'att_bld_roman_west_city_minor_generic_2' on turn 1 without the Com. Spear tech properly showing 4x Limitanei Borderguards:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And here's turn 3 once the Comitatensis Spears tech is researched, showing how it goes down to just 1:

Fall of the Eagles 003 is my only mod in use when generating these screen shots.

Hi, small bug(I think its a bug and not an intended mechanic) playing as Caledonians none of my cities/settlements have any garrisoned units what so ever, at any stage of upgrade, neither do the tooltips enemy armies can just walk into them without even a battle prompt....

Fote is the only mod im using and disabling it returns the regular garrisons, also Garrisons worked as I would expect on my previous Saxon campaign so its perhaps just Caledonians/Celtic tribes with this issue.

Also ill just add DeI really saved Rome 2 for me and I really appreciate and look forward to any future work on Attila!

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by shirepartial View Post
    Hi, small bug(I think its a bug and not an intended mechanic) playing as Caledonians none of my cities/settlements have any garrisoned units what so ever, at any stage of upgrade, neither do the tooltips enemy armies can just walk into them without even a battle prompt....

Fote is the only mod im using and disabling it returns the regular garrisons, also Garrisons worked as I would expect on my previous Saxon campaign so its perhaps just Caledonians/Celtic tribes with this issue.

Also ill just add DeI really saved Rome 2 for me and I really appreciate and look forward to any future work on Attila!
    The mod hasn't been updated since patch 2 dropped, so anything added in the patch/DLC will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    Hey folks,

It looks like there's an issue with the way you have redefined the 'armed_citizenry_units_to_unit_groups_junctions' table to only include in most cases just a single unit per group. In Vanilla (at least on the latest patch of this writing), a unit group, e.g. 'att_rom_limitanei_borderguards' contains SIX entries:

Yes, Cornuti being there twice is real, and results in twice as many of those units loading per garrison when you upgrade to Cornuti from Palatina.

In your mod, you have the group containing only 'att_rom_limitanei_borderguards'. This causes a problem, for example at the 'Colonia' level ('att_bld_roman_west_city_minor_generic_2'), when you have four copies of this group listed. That's great for the start of the game, but when you upgrade to Comitatensis Spears, there are no longer any valid units for the stack of 4x 'att_rom_limitanei_borderguards [group]", and the engine seems to handle this by loading just one single copy of Comitatensis Spears.

So here's a 'att_bld_roman_west_city_minor_generic_2' on turn 1 without the Com. Spear tech properly showing 4x Limitanei Borderguards:

And here's turn 3 once the Comitatensis Spears tech is researched, showing how it goes down to just 1:

Fall of the Eagles 003 is my only mod in use when generating these screen shots.
    I think this is a known problem with garrisons. I hope that when the guys get round to updating the mod, they can find a way to solve this

Just so you guys know the Exploratores for the ERE im not sure about the WRE have tunics missing for some of the models.

Thank for the bug reports, those issues will be patched very soon. If you find anything else please tell us.

Great work, just a couple of things:
    So far only the Roman roster received price changes, it would have been better to release the balance stuff all together it makes playing the campaign really hard
    Some units have wrong idle animations, like scholae catafractarii holding invisible spears
    Some units have an armour value for shield even though they don't have shields, like the aforementioned unit, this gives some strange results with units that are supposedly very armoured like equites catafractarii have only 39 armour

Also some units seem to have a "very heavy melee infantry" rating but then are less armoured than a "heavy" or "medium" melee infantry unit.

If we waited to release after we did all the rosters/recruitment systems, this mod would be out next year

Thanks for the reports, we will look into fixing them next update.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I don't know what y'all did but my fps during field battles has shot up to 15 now on my terrible computer

That said there are some romans in units that are also invisible along with the goths and vandals. There is just floating weapons and armor. The goths and vandals are the horde units if I remember properly, the roman units I will have to check. Some are also bald or not wearing helmets. I also don't think I am getting all the roman unit cards for some reason, at least not the ones that were previewed in the other thread. Then again this may just be my own pc if I let my paranoia tell me anything but yeah.

I think roman archers need more missile damage, they hardly get any kills when compared to persian or royal archers. Their missile damage should be at least of 30 instead of 27.

The new Roman unit cards are not in this release. They will be in the next update.

Thanks for this great mod Dresden. When I was playing I met armies with 9 units of battle dogs. Is it normal ?

Aswell Franks, unit German Bowmen - some soldiers have invisible equipment.

Morale is literally impossible to break at times. There's so much Morale.

Certain units, generals, etc can have up to 170 morale and it doesn't go down for anything except for self casualties.

We will be addressing the battle issues in the next patch hopefully. The battle system is a very early WIP.

Celtic units has no traits\talents and abilities at all!

Regarding battle balancing issues. I think the huns are quite overpowered, for instance their horse archer units have missile attacks of 32 and 35 which is more than enough to kill palatina grade roman units almost instantly even when using testudo. I know that historically the Huns did defeat several preasentals armies but i doubt it was because their arrows and bows were able to penetrate both heavy armor and shield. On the other hand their heavy infantry is quite op too, for example elite uar warriors have better stats than the herculiani when in reality most of their infantry was not that good and came mainly from german societies. So in summary, maybe an overhaul for how missile units work is needed.