Thread: big territories

Icon1 big territories

I'm playing ntw , and in this the majority of the nations has a very large territory , so I wanted some tips to administrate large territories , as in other games in the series I always played with smaller factions

Default Re: big territories

There are many variables, but I assume you need some general guidelines on what to build and where, especially as there are never enough money for everything.

First: Get your economy going. This means get trade deals with all the nations you can. If you have access to the sea, built trade ships to sail out to trade nodes. Also, start building economic buildings, farms and infrastructure. Build roads first in provinces that are rich, and are on the way to the front.
    Second: Don't overbuild military capacity. That means: Don't build barracks everywhere at start. Focus on provinces with bonus resources first, like iron mines and industry to reduce unit building cost. Later on you will want to build more barracks just to get Military Academies, which gives you more Generals/Admirals.
    Third: Build Militia! At start you have a relative small army, and they need to do a lot of work alone. Garrison your towns with low cost militia to free up your real military units for field manoeuvres.