Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: VDM 2.2 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

Default Re: VDM 1.9 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

Hi again,

Vadants,

- Ok, now I know why I can't lower the 'Inflation' below '2%', it's fair.
    - I spent about 20 minutes searching in the ministers and regions boards, for the reason why my construction cost was higher than normal. Then I find out that was due to 'Inflation'. When I mouse over the 'Inflation' icon, the info. box doesn't inform about the increase in construction costs.
    - Maybe, it would be a lot better then the current abstract comparative qualitative classification.

Thanks,

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by PMPG View Post
    - Maybe, it would be a lot better then the current abstract comparative qualitative classification.
    I agree. Also somewhat improved wealth comparison would be great as it usually doesn't make much sense (i.e. when the bankrupt countries are said to be "good" economy-wise).

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

PMPG,
    - it seems that game displays only 5 effects. But it's working. The building cost have the same number as all other effects.
    - I'll try to change the diplomacy panel.

Hi,
    Vadants,
    I’m a greatsupporter of the new ‘inflation’ mechanic, it’s a great addition to VDM, and Ihave been thinking that it deserves a deeper role throughout the campaigns. SoI had the idea that maybe ‘inflation’ could be linked with the Capital regionwealth growth.
    If theCapital region wealth growth is positive one turn, ‘inflation’ would increase ‘+0.1%’that turn. If the Capital region wealth growth is 0 or negative, ‘inflation’would simply not increase (to simplify, I believe that a negative ‘inflation’would be a pain to add). And in this case, maybe the cost of lowering 'inflation', could be reduced from 50 to 40!
    Well, it’s justone idea that I want to share and don't know how the AI would respond.
    Thanks,

(I must say also that its very strange to have the 'Coinage' and 'inflation' mechanics when playing with a Native American Faction. They shouldn't have this mechanics, at least in my opinion)
    Last edited by PMPG; March 30, 2015 at 10:20 PM.

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

VDM updated
    - fixed some mistakes and some changes for AI
    Replace VDM_scr.pack and continue campaign.

I cannot find the "?"-Button neither in rulermenu nor at my Saboteur(hashashin)-Menu.
    Is it the Ottoman-Empire that recieved a malfunction, a installation problem, or am I just blind?
    Can someone please post a picture to show me where the "?"-Button should be?

Quote Originally Posted by sabachtan View Post
    I cannot find the "?"-Button neither in rulermenu nor at my Saboteur(hashashin)-Menu.
    Is it the Ottoman-Empire that recieved a malfunction, a installation problem, or am I just blind?
    Can someone please post a picture to show me where the "?"-Button should be?
    Hi,

sabachtan,

The (?) button, is in the top left corner of the 'Head Minister', 'Assassin', ..., info. board.
    Right click on your 'Head Minister' picture, and you will open the minister info. board. The (?) will be were I sayed.

After the change of government (head of state) as the result of elections (in republic), the stability trait (I had +2) simply disappeared and never returned again (so, my stability became basic/0 again all of a sudden). Is this working as intended?

Also, as a suggestion: perhaps very good minister of finances could somewhat positively influence the inflation dynamics? May be also the size of your faction (provinces controlled) could be considered in the inflation formula too (with smaller countries getting higher inflation as the result of mines and/or minting)?

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Doctor View Post
    After the change of government (head of state) as the result of elections (in republic), the stability trait (I had +2) simply disappeared and never returned again (so, my stability became basic/0 again all of a sudden). Is this working as intended?

Also, as a suggestion: perhaps very good minister of finances could somewhat positively influence the inflation dynamics? May be also the size of your faction (provinces controlled) could be considered in the inflation formula too (with smaller countries getting higher inflation as the result of mines and/or minting)?
    Yes, it's intended. Because you also could have negative stability.
    Maybe.

Hi,

sabachtan,

The (?) button, is in the top left corner of the 'Head Minister', 'Assassin', ..., info. board.
    Right click on your 'Head Minister' picture, and you will open the minister info. board. The (?) will be were I sayed.

--Thanks a Lot!

if i now would be ably to fix the problem with random crashes during the AI Turn, i would be perfectly satisfied.

So far, a GREAT MOD, really like the MEII feeling due to eventing and disease.
    Also the system changes in stability&economy adds a ton more of thinking between A & B.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by sabachtan View Post

if i now would be ably to fix the problem with random crashes during the AI Turn, i would be perfectly satisfied.
    Well, I wouldn't say anything if you didn't touch the topic, but the truth is that since the introduction of the 'Coinage' and 'Inflation' mechanics, the CTD on the AI turn are much more common ( don't really know if has any relation with VDM). One thing I notice, is that if I save the game just before pressing the 'End turn' button the probability of CTD is much much lower.

Herr Doctor, Vadants,

The number of regions that a Faction own as nothing to do with Inflation!!!! The prices were set or taken in the Capital region ( were the manufacturing infrastructures are). Also I can't understand why a small faction would have an increased relative inflation (vs a great nation) just because they have a gold mine. Historically, the main reason for the Spanish Inflation crises were the 'Gold fleets' that brought huge amounts of precious metals that distort the money supply and monetary base ( it was a expansive shock that forced prices up), but if they didn't transport the gold in such large quantities the effect would have been much weaker.

And because I can't resist, some suggestions:

- there is an event that gives the minister of the army or navy the trait '*** Upkeep:-10%', I believe the event fires when we have a skilled army or navy minister. I would like to suggest a change in trait to '*** Upkeep: -5%';

- following the above suggestion, The army or navy trait '*** Upkeep:-10%' could only be triggered if both the army or navy ministers are skilled and if the 'treasury minister' is also a skilled states man;

-if you are thinking on turning 'Inflation' into a trait that increases each turn ( in a similar way to the idea I presented some posts above), I think that it should increase in different amounts accordingly with the factions 'culture' ( to simulate the differencess in economic development between factions), So for European Nations the 'Inflation' could rise [+0.2%/turn], for the Islamic minor and Idian [+0.1%], and for the Native Americans, 'Inflaton' and 'Coinage' simply wouldn't work since these Factions didn't use coins.

- If we loose 3 battles (land or sea) in one turn, maybe, our army or navy ministers, could get a trait like 'Mood of the army/navy: -1 moral' for 4 turns!

Thats all for now, and sorry for the bombardment of ideas Vadants but you must be the only living being that modds Empire with WALI.

Thanks,

The number of regions that a Faction own as nothing to do with Inflation!!!! The prices were set or taken in the Capital region ( were the manufacturing infrastructures are). Also I can't understand why a small faction would have an increased relative inflation (vs a great nation) just because they have a gold mine.
    Imagine X amount (500 in VDM) of money to be minted and brought to the big economy (such as France) and the same X amount - to the economy of the country of Saxony size.

Historically, the main reason for the Spanish Inflation crises were the 'Gold fleets' that brought huge amounts of precious metals that distort the money supply and monetary base ( it was a expansive shock that forced prices up), but if they didn't transport the gold in such large quantities the effect would have been much weaker.
    It is automatically transferred into your treasure in game without any participation of the fleets. If you don't need precious metals, you can always destroy the mines.

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

the CTD on the AI turn are much more common ( don't really know if has any relation with VDM).
    Herr Doctor, do you have the same situation?
    And because I can't resist, some suggestions:
    thanks a lot for your ideas I think Herr Doctor says the right things about inflation. As for effect Upkeep -10% it's temporary effect, so it must be more valuable. Effect Morale -1 affects on generals not on ministers i think.

Quote Originally Posted by VadAntS View Post
    Herr Doctor, do you have the same situation?
    Strange. Didn't have time to play a lot, but reached 1706 with the latest VDM version without single CTD. The mod was very stable for me.

EDIT: Just to clarify: I play with diplomatic money and agent's rebellion sabotage function off. Perhaps one of them could be the case then?
    Last edited by Herr Doctor; April 02, 2015 at 03:38 PM.

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

sabachtan, PMPG
    try to turn off DipScript, but i think the problem is that in ID sometimes revolutions don't work and game crashes. That's why maybe you need also to turn off agent's sabotage.

Quote Originally Posted by VadAntS View Post
    sabachtan, PMPG
    try to turn off DipScript, but i think the problem is that in ID sometimes revolutions don't work and game crashes. That's why maybe you need also to turn off agent's sabotage.
    Thanks! I'll try it.

Hi,

Vadants,

I will try some different combinations of true/false with these scripts. (Just hope my 130 turns Genovese campaign can handle this changes!)

When I sayed that the Army or Navy minister could get a '-1 moral of the Army/Navy', I was thinking in a more 'Army Enthusiasm' (similar I believe to the EU IV 'army tradition'). So if an Army or Navy Enthusiasm ranges from [-1 moral,+1 moral] (I believe that a bigger range would create large distortions on the battle field, +1 moral is very good actually) the respective minister would get this trait positive if the nation wins 3 battles (in the respective terrain) in one turn. The trait would affect all the land or sea units, and would last 4-6 turns.This way the mood of these Military branches would reflect a sucessfull or unsucessfull conduct in battle. I also think that generals could have a similar trait like 'Regimental Honors' that would give the same [-1 moral,+1moral] range but they would only need to win 1 battle, the effect would target only that army and would last just 2-4 turns (the time to replenish the Regiment!). In ID_P, we can only retreat after the battle starts so every battle is a win or loss.

This is the way I built my idea, but there is always improvment space, and, in the end, if it is usefull to give others new and better ideas I think its worth sharing.

Thanks,

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Hi,
    PMPG,
    i said that this effect will not work with minister, it works only with generals. It needs to give this trait to each general or admiral. But it's possible.

Alex1987's Avatar Tiro

Great work! But I have ctd when change turn with Hannover.
    Candidate of sociological sciences. RUSSIAN LIBERAL OPPOSITIONIST AND ACTIVIST.

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1987 View Post
    Great work! But I have ctd when change turn with Hannover.
    Try to turn off DiplomacyScript for some turns.