Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: VDM 2.2 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

Default Re: VDM 1.9 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    If you can somehow get bribes working, look into the Napoleon group wars, and "liberating" a country. That would be amazing! Since I love Austria and Poland, I almost always end up at war with the Ottomans...
    well, the 'Liberate' option would be an amazing addition. is that possible?

Hi,

If Inflation can be added to VDM, it should also increase with the treasure stock.
    This is a complex trait/variable so it deserves a deep meditation.
    I hope it can be implemented, and I hope it increases when I annex my protectorates, thats right.

Thanks,

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

changes:
    - inflation
    Inflation is a result of:
    - Coinage (1% each turn)
    - Production of gold / silver (0.2% / 0.4% each turn for each level of the building)
    - If treasury has more than 20,000 coins for 3 turns (2% each turn)
    To reduce inflation, open the panel of Minister of Finance and click on "?". Inflation is reduced by 2% for 50 points.
    - Coinage
    To start the coinage open panel of the Prime Minister and click on "?". With Coinage faction will receive 500 coins into the treasury each turn. Cancel coinage made the same way.

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Brilliant! Thanks for update.

Just as suggestion/brainstorm. I like the ability to transfer the "liberated" regions to their rightful owners, which is possible with "trade provinces" diplomatic function, but the silly AI with idiotic provinces exchanges breaks this completely. I wonder, is it potentially possible to script AI some way to never accept any deals aiming for any of their provinces to be traded/exchanged/transferred? I.e. making AI to consider this deals completely unprofitable for them (personally I play VDM with diplomatic money off). If you can make it, I believe this could save this important diplomatic function by removing all the immersion breaking deals between AIs.

Hi,

Vadants,

The 'Inflation' mechanic is very well crafted, thanks for another great mechanic.
    I'm having some little problems with VDM if you could give me a hint on how to fix this I would be very grateful.

1) The trait 'traditions' doesn't show is name in the Faction leader board. The traits description pops up when I mouse over the icon, but the icon doesn't say 'Traditions'.

2) Sometimes when changing the ' treasure miniter' with other minister, the trait 'taxes' isn't removed from the previous 'treasure minister', that is now the minister of other department, and I end with 2 ministers with the trait 'taxes'.
    ( I also had the ' Head minister' with the 'army upkeep' trait ).
    (I'm using the additional option: 'normal_movement+square_formation+_trade_ships+agents_can_assasssin' maybe I have a loc.file problem!).

Now some little suggestion and report:

- I restarted my campaign with Genoa and raised a rebellion with my assassin in Milan, this time the 'Expansion' mechanic triggered (after 3-4 turns).
    - If the treasure amount that triggers inflation '20.000', could be reduced I think it would give this new mechanic a more dynamic flow! (just one opinion)
    - The 'Inflation' trait should also give a strong negative modifier to the 'trade income growth', maybe even turning it into negative growth, at least following the bullionism or classical economic thinking of this century.

Thanks,

Nice suggestions, PMPG. One remark:
    Quote Originally Posted by PMPG View Post
    - The 'Inflation' trait should also give a strong negative modifier to the 'trade income growth', maybe even turning it into negative growth, at least following the bullionism or classical economic thinking of this century.
    This is very debatable as the flow of money/silver/gold was quite favourable for the economics and trade dynamics usually. If this wasn't form of hyperinflation (like in Spain) or the constant speculative rise of exchange rates (like in England) of course. And Poland-Lithuania had both in the second half of the 17th century, lol. On the contrary, the lack of silver/gold produced very serious economical and social crises in the 15th-17th centuries (for example, Venice, Genoa, Russia etc).

Hi,

Herr Doctor,

Thanks for the remark and ofcourse this is extremelly debatable, and by no means I wont to start a discussion about Inflation.
    I was just saying that given the thinking about the subject it would make sence. And after all, accordingly with the thinking of the age ( Hume, Ricardo), the flow of spicies would start after the variation of wages, and prices.

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Herr-Doctor,
    you want to disable trading regions for AI?
    PMPG,
    - Lordsith gave me the wrong loc file without my last changes )) I'll fix it
    - the second trait must be deleted on next turn. Isn't it?
    - i tried to play Genoa and Expansion triggered after 2 turns. It's normal.
    - maybe 10000?
    - I don't agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by VadAntS View Post
    you want to disable trading regions for AI?
    Something like this. Just leaving the option for the player to give regions to AI. I believe it would be the best solution.

Hi,

Vadants,

- usually, if my 'treasure minister' has some trait ' taxes' and I change is post with the 'justice minister', both ministers get the trait taxes. The new 'justice minister' isn't affected by the events that change the trait, the new 'treasure minister' is. The trait isn't deleted and starts to vanish after some turns (from the new 'justice minister').
    - Yes, something in that range 10000-12000 I think would be more interesting!
    - Was just a way to reflect the increase in prices on the exports.

Thanks,

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

VDM updated:
    - fixed mistake in event script (thanks to PMPG)
    - fixed loc file
    - added koef. of manpower (in scripting.lua row ManpowerMult=1)
    - reduced treasury limit for inflation to 10000
    - trading regions disabled for AI

Thanks!

Domesticus

Curious, is it possible to make totally new diplomatic features? Like have two versions of protectorates

One is the classic vanilla protectorate, the other being the annexation after 10 years?

Maybe call the annexation a marriage alliance. Not sure if many nations agreed upon annexation XD But as I love me some Austria, other nations made empire by war, but you merry Austria, marry!

Hi,

Vadants,

- I believe that some 'traits' , associated with the new events, are lacking a description/name. In previous updates of VDM there was a trait called 'Mood of the Nobles', no problem with it but with the new events there are traits like 'Mood (Nobility)' that don't show their name in th 'justice minister' board. ( IŽ's probably just a lack of description I believe. Also they could be standardized so we don't have 2 traits with the same effect and different names!)

- Now a simple question. Not that I'm trying to upset any one (I have speak many times about it), but simply because that's a feature I found missing and I have a very strong opinion about the 'utility' it would bring to the game. The 'option to annex protectorates', sorry for being so anoying, do you think it will be possible to add this mechanic? or on your efforts to add it you found it was impossible?

Again, just want to know if in the VDM vision, this is a mechanic to add in future updates.

Thanks for the mod and for the replies,

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

VDM updated
    - fixed loc file

Hi,
    PMPG,
    this option creates some problems in current mechanic. It needs to rewrite script. Maybe later i'll do it. I remember about it.

Quote Originally Posted by VadAntS View Post
    VDM updated
    - fixed loc file

Hi,
    PMPG,
    this option creates some problems in current mechanic. It needs to rewrite script. Maybe later i'll do it. I remember about it.
    Thanks for the reply.

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

VDM updated

- decreased possibility of AI saboteur success to rebel the region. Update VDM_src.pack and you can continue campaign.

Hi,

Vadants,

So, in my NEW campaign with Genoa (lost the others, don't ask why but parking a fleet in the straight of gibraltar just isn't my style), I'm exploring the most of the new 'coinage' system, in fact, it's thanks to this mechanic that Genoa is growing Strong now (and maybe some good fortune). So in the process of raising and lowering the 'Inflation', I had the following problem:

- Start the 'Coinage' process and it was on for 4 turns. In the end I had 'Inflation:4%'. In the next turn, start to reduce the 'Inflation' paying the '50 adm. points' to reduce '2%', no problem. The next turn, when I whent to the 'Treasury Minister' board and clicked on the (?), nothing happened. I thought that maybe 'Inflation' can only be reduced once a year so I waited for about 5-6 turns and clicked on the (?) button again and nothing happened, again. I also waited for the change of government (Republic!) so I could have a new 'Treasury Minister' and again I couldn't reduce the last 'Inflation:2%'.

Other things that I would like to comment:

- The 'Inflation' description box could also say that the construction cost is increased.

- In the Factions diplomatic screen is a trait 'Power' that is associated with a scale ( weak-moderate-...-mighty-...). If you could change this scale with the [Army/Limit] amounts of each nation, it would be awesome and it would allow to know what strenght we are facing.
    Or better [Power: Army/Limit - Navy], just a suggestion!?

Thanks,

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

VDM updated
    - fixed some mistakes

Hi,
    PMPG,
    Inflation can be reduced when >2%
    - i don't understand your comment. Inflation has effect that construction cost increased.
    - maybe.