Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: VDM 2.2 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

Default Re: VDM 1.9 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

Quote Originally Posted by VadAntS View Post
    VDM updated:
    - fixed mistake in Manpower script.
    During a short campaign last week 12 turns from the end of the campaign I loaded a save game and had the following modifiers:
    - force limit: 81/0;
    - Administration: 0;
    - Expansion: 110;
    - Stability: +3;

Is this the mistake that was fixed?
    Can I continue my campaign?

Thanks,

VadAnts "?" button dont work for me did im doing something wrong?

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

PMPG,
    try to load another save file or this save again.
    emir_49,
    try first "?" in the government panel.

Heptagenia's Avatar Civis

VDM updated:
    - fixed mistake in Manpower script.
    the idea is that this is save compatible? I get CTD when I installed the fix on-going campanj and then try to continue on past the save. This mod

EastJerusalem's Avatar Civis

I can confirm that the changing ministers in the Government Panel on Khiva Khanate sometimes causes CTD. As for Banjar, it always does. And ccan anyone share what Campaign Difficulty level is recommended? It is a bit hard playing with Very Hard

Turks love reality and fairness. They were always fair but they met a lot of unfair things against them.
    -William Pitt (Prime Minister of Great Britain

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by EastJerusalem View Post
    I can confirm that the changing ministers in the Government Panel on Khiva Khanate sometimes causes CTD. As for Banjar, it always does.
    I think it's not the problem of VDM.

Hi,

Vadants,

After an endless number of attempts I'm finally beeing able to lead France to glory. The furs wars, the natives trying to convert my subjects, the danish conquering montagnais and I loosing 6 inf. regiments trying to retake it, looting dutch guyana, looting London... an extremelly dynamic campaign, very enjoyable.

So based on this an previous campaigns ( I'm still not using the latest fix because I'm affraid it will not be compatible with my saved games), allow me to leave a small report:

- Balance of events; right now I believe that the amount of events is very good and the effects distribution is really balanced. Adding more could turn the campaign in some weird experience and so I hope you have this in mind in further releases.

- Loc. file; there are several buildings and towns in north america ( native american buildings) that lack text, name, ...

- I had an event in Canada region that gived 'happiness: -50 to all classes', the vent didn't had any text as title so I don't know how to call it. I believe I had the same event in France region and it had a title. 'Revolt' or 'rebellion' something like that.
    Also how does this event triggers?

- Shouldn't negative Administration points give the player a bad modifier? Don know if it is possible but for each turn that a player as negative administration points, one region should denationalize.

Nothing more to say at the momment. Now I will retake montagnais from the danish and dutch guyana from the mamluks.

Thanks,

I am new to this mod. Can anyone tell me how to achieve stability in the region ? As Venice i conquered bosnia and serbia with genocide but after nationalizing both provinces I am getting mass disorders. I used administration points to achieve greater stability but now there is a point where i don't have enough points to achieve this stability and my tax level is set to the lowest from the start till now for both the upper and lower classes. also I am getting inflation every turn even when i am not using coinage. I only have 5 line and 2 cav with 2 generals and in navy 2- 40 gun frigates and 1- 28 gun frigate and i control venice morea greece bosnia serbia and it's my 39th turn. Pls I need advice. Pls help

Hi,

banibgsit,

Sorry for the late reply but let me try to help,

Stability, Expansion and Mass Disorder are different mechanics of VDM:

For what I understand you allready know how the Stability and Expansion mechanics work, so let us look at the Mass Disorder.

The Mass Disorder event will trigger when ever half of your provinces have one of the social classes with happinees equal or minor than [Total number of regions you own/5], round up or down when needed.
    This event will lower your Stability by -1 and will trigger every turn until you have Stability: -3 or until you raise the happiness of your population in enough provinces to prevent it from triggering. Because it lowers your stability and so your overall happiness, this event can't be solutioned by raising the stability (that is almost a trap).
    Also, this event will not trigger in the first years of the campaign.

Amazing mechanic, isn't it?
    All thanks to Vadants.

hope this is helpfull,

Good luck,

Quote Originally Posted by PMPG View Post
    Hi,

banibgsit,

Sorry for the late reply but let me try to help,

Stability, Expansion and Mass Disorder are different mechanics of VDM:

For what I understand you allready know how the Stability and Expansion mechanics work, so let us look at the Mass Disorder.

The Mass Disorder event will trigger when ever half of your provinces have one of the social classes with happinees equal or minor than [Total number of regions you own/5], round up or down when needed.
    This event will lower your Stability by -1 and will trigger every turn until you have Stability: -3 or until you raise the happiness of your population in enough provinces to prevent it from triggering. Because it lowers your stability and so your overall happiness, this event can't be solutioned by raising the stability (that is almost a trap).
    Also, this event will not trigger in the first years of the campaign.

Amazing mechanic, isn't it?
    All thanks to Vadants.

hope this is helpfull,

Good luck,
    Thank you so much. It helped me a lot actually and appreciate it that u took time to reply to my post.

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

VDM updated:
    -fixed some mistakes in manpower script, you need to place game's difficulty level in scripting.lua
    - some little changes

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

VDM updated:
    -fixed some mistakes in manpower script, you need to place game's difficulty level in scripting.lua
    - some little changes
    What? i need to place game's difficulty level in scripting.lua manually? before a campaign start

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    What? i need to place game's difficulty level in scripting.lua manually? before a campaign start
    Yes, you are right.

Hi,

Vadants,

the trading regions diplomatic option is a feature of the new update or did I installed VDM wrong.

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Hi,

Vadants,

the trading regions diplomatic option is a feature of the new update or did I installed VDM wrong.
    Hi,
    trading regions must be only for player

Hi,
    trading regions must be only for player
    Hi,

Ok, so it's working correctly . Only me (the player) can offer or demand regions.

Now, a little question ( I will bother Lordsith with this one to) . Is it possible to modd ( by WALI) the peace treaty offer?
    In Shogun 2 when ever we enter in a peace treaty with an enemy, our vassals (protectorates) will automatically enter the peace deal ending their wars with the enemy faction.
    Could this be added or transported to Empire:TW?

Another thing, and extremelly important. I'm going on vacations next week ( to one of those places were fixed telephone lines haven't arrived yet) and want to continue my campaigns in my Laptop. I have allready installed ID_P and VDM on it. to continue my ongoing campaign in a different computer I need to transfer the saved games to the new destination but what about the those text files in the Empire folder ( mod_saves ; vdmlog ; vdm--log ), do I need to transfer them to?

Did you moddified the Mass disorder triggering conditions?

Many thanks,

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Hi,

Ok, so it's working correctly . Only me (the player) can offer or demand regions.

Now, a little question ( I will bother Lordsith with this one to) . Is it possible to modd ( by WALI) the peace treaty offer?
    In Shogun 2 when ever we enter in a peace treaty with an enemy, our vassals (protectorates) will automatically enter the peace deal ending their wars with the enemy faction.
    Could this be added or transported to Empire:TW?

Another thing, and extremelly important. I'm going on vacations next week ( to one of those places were fixed telephone lines haven't arrived yet) and want to continue my campaigns in my Laptop. I have allready installed ID_P and VDM on it. to continue my ongoing campaign in a different computer I need to transfer the saved games to the new destination but what about the those text files in the Empire folder ( mod_saves ; vdmlog ; vdm--log ), do I need to transfer them to?

Did you moddified the Mass disorder triggering conditions?

Many thanks,
    No, i didn't modify the mass disorder. Yes, you have to copy these files ( mod_saves ; vdmlog ; vdm--log )

Hey, just a quick question. I just started my first play through with your mod and lordsith's. I'm playing as GB and on turn 3 I some how ended up with over three million dollars. I'm guessing that isn't normal? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tikijoetots37 View Post
    Hey, just a quick question. I just started my first play through with your mod and lordsith's. I'm playing as GB and on turn 3 I some how ended up with over three million dollars. I'm guessing that isn't normal? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
    Sorry, I guess I can't read. I just reread why this happens. Ignore post. By the way, thanks for the great mod!

Sorry, I'm new. Another quick question. I'm playing as GB and I'm in about 10 turns. I've not recruited any troops due to the fact that the economy is very slow moving. I've only upgraded buildings to try and get the economy moving. I noticed that some of my regions were un-happy so i lowered taxes and I had to disband some of my ships to balance the budget. Lowering the taxes was still not enough so I started recruiting militia to repress the regions. I'm now about 18 turns in and I have three rebellions going on and I'm bankrupt due to the fact that some Muslim nation sent two ships around my fleet protecting my mainland and damaged two of my ports. I finally get the enemy out of my ports and rebuild. A turn later France declares war on me causing half of my trade agreements to be canceled putting me at about -800 dollars income. I like a challenge, but it just seems like I'm having an impossible time. In less than 20 turns I've lost 3 provinces to rebellion, gone bankrupt and have the secound largest world power blockading almost all my ports. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Maybe I'm just having terrible luck and need to start over.