Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: VDM 2.2 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Default Re: VDM 2.1 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Whats the latest "step by step"? Installation instructions? I will turn off further scripts tonight

I just mean to ask what scripts you think might would cause Tarki to crash
    I think it may be one of the latest scripts (maybe ConspScript). Tru to turn off the latest scripts in the scripting.lua from last and up the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by c.ryo View Post
    Tried to run it, nothing happens.

Reinstalled twice, all is good with installation, original mod works just fine.

Windows 10 is fine, problem is not with it clearly.
    I don't have the same problem, so it's not VDM.
    Last edited by VadAntS; July 01, 2016 at 01:16 AM.

Domesticus

Hey, I just tried all of that. I did the most recent looking scripts, and I went full madman and turned off all scripts. Same crash at Tarki's turn.

I just tested it with ALL scripts with the early campaign and it worked.

Im guessing theres something specific about Tarki in the late campaign. Maybe due to the name change?

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Im guessing theres something specific about Tarki in the late campaign. Maybe due to the name change?
    Strange thing. Does the game work without VDM?

Domesticus

Yep! It runs perfectly with just the average CTDs that seem inherent to Imperial Destroyer

Im playing an early Poland Campaign now with VDM and its working perfectly. Its just the late campaign that seems messed up with VDM. Ive played a late campaign for 20 turns without VDM and it worked well

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

VDM updated:
    - fix for scripting.lua

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Yep! It runs perfectly with just the average CTDs that seem inherent to Imperial Destroyer

Im playing an early Poland Campaign now with VDM and its working perfectly. Its just the late campaign that seems messed up with VDM. Ive played a late campaign for 20 turns without VDM and it worked well
    Try late campaign with new update. Replace scripting.lua.

Domesticus

Just did it, still got the crash on Tarki I replaced the scripting.lua for the late campaign, didnt replace everything though

Just did it, still got the crash on Tarki I replaced the scripting.lua for the late campaign, didnt replace everything though
    Should you begin a new campaign?

Domesticus

Yep, I did that, multiple times. Its always on the first turn so it didnt matter too much

Domesticus

Hoo boy, doing all that shot my early campaign save. I cant fight a battle against sweden without a CTD during the battle loading, and sometimes even grand campaign crashes on loading. Im gonna reinstall Empire, IDP 4.9, and the newest VDM and see what happens with a new early campaign

Im also using the Lord Marches pack, but no idea how in the world that'd hurt anything. I'll just skip it this time

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

I start the late campaign as britain without any additional options and it works fine.

Domesticus

Very strange! I reinstalled Empire, IDP, and VDM, and got a crash at the battle loading screen against Polish Rebels

Im trying an early Poland campaign with the VDM from June 28th. See what happens when I get to a battle

Might be that there is something wrong with IDP, but I was able to fight several battles on the 30th without crashes. I was only having the 1st turn Tarki crash in Late Campaign before I installed the VDM from July 1st

I cant think of a reason it should crash at battle with VDM, but I'll see what happens later. Hopefully we can figure this out!

Quote Originally Posted by VadAntS View Post
    I think it may be one of the latest scripts (maybe ConspScript). Tru to turn off the latest scripts in the scripting.lua from last and up the list.

I don't have the same problem, so it's not VDM.
    Nice, you are very helpful. First test your mod on other rigs, no wonder everyone around has so many crashes. Its clearly not working as intended.

Do you use any specific runtime packs?

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by c.ryo View Post
    Nice, you are very helpful. First test your mod on other rigs, no wonder everyone around has so many crashes. Its clearly not working as intended.

Do you use any specific runtime packs?
    I'm not selling you this mod so you can use it or not. )) I don't know what programms you have on your computer and how you install the mod. I'm not magiсian to figure out what's wrong with your computer.
    I don't use any specific runtime packs.
    Last edited by VadAntS; July 02, 2016 at 01:33 PM.

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Hopefully we can figure this out!
    I found that the problem is the traits of ministers. This problem happens only with Tarki and i don't know why. I think something wrong in the startpos in ID. So i must say that VDM is not compatible with the late campaign.

Domesticus

Hopefully that can be fixed in IDP 5.0 then!

Any thoughts on the battle crashes? But as I said, I didnt have the problem before. But extremely weird that I didnt have the problem until I installed the VDM made on July 1st. Hopefully I wont have the problem again when I play... I'll tell you later what happens. Im gonna report the crash in the ID main page

and C.ryo, VDM has worked on both my gaming PCs almost perfectly. Any crashes ive had have been across the board for most all players, including VadAnts, who then fixes it. Mods arent games where you need to test everything. If the game runs, then theoretically, most mods will run. With mods, you cant expect no crashes, especially with something as hardcore as VDM, and the unmoddability of modern Total War games.

Quote Originally Posted by VadAntS View Post
    I found that the problem is the traits of ministers. This problem happens only with Tarki and i don't know why. I think something wrong in the startpos in ID. So i must say that VDM is not compatible with the late campaign.
    How can fix this problem?Or we only can play early campaign with VDM?THX!

Domesticus

I just put everything to the test....the VDM I have that was downloaded on 6/24 allows me to fight battles. The one released on 6/28 and 7/1 crash at the loading screen in the early campaign. Untested in Late, since well, I dont know of any factions I can rush into a battle with on the first turn

But yeah, I tested with and without VDM, and only that version of VDM lets me fight battles in the early campaign

I have absolutely no idea why this would be happening since I dont think VDM has anything to do with battles.

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

I have absolutely no idea why this would be happening since I dont think VDM has anything to do with battles.
    I just tested campaign with maratha and battles work fine.

Domesticus

Very strange... I had a thought, I'll put it to the test later, but I just play on normal since Imperial Destroyer and VDM are challenging. I did set the scripting thing to 2 instead of the default 3. Could that possibly cause the crash?

And test it as Poland Lithuania, maybe theres something specifically wrong with them?

I just fought three battles with the older VDM as Poland, no crashes. Well, there was one during the battle, but pretty sure that was just the game