Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: VDM 2.2 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

Domesticus

Default Re: VDM 2.1 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

Haha, point taken I dont know, I figured it was some optional thing since it was with the other optional things, and it wasnt in earlier versions

And just to say, everything is still working great

Any thoughts on my idea to make a liberate option by having it spawn a rebel army, send your army out of the region, and once the rebels take it, they are in great relations with you? Possibly even start with trade, alliance, and even protectorate

and that reminds me, whats the script to turn off annexation?

Domesticus

Haha, point taken I dont know, I figured it was some optional thing since it was with the other optional things, and it wasnt in earlier versions

And just to say, everything is still working great

Any thoughts on my idea to make a liberate option by having it spawn a rebel army, send your army out of the region, and once the rebels take it, they are in great relations with you? Possibly even start with trade, alliance, and even protectorate

and that reminds me, whats the script to turn off annexation?

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Whenever I go to launch the VDM_Start.bat it says "Cannot locate empire.exe" I have it all running with all the special permissions and administrative rights but it keeps happening. The game isn't installed in my C drive could btw, could this have something to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Whenever I go to launch the VDM_Start.bat it says "Cannot locate empire.exe" I have it all running with all the special permissions and administrative rights but it keeps happening. The game isn't installed in my C drive could btw, could this have something to do with it?
    1. Open Steam so all the Steam-updating is done.
    2. DON'T start Empire.
    3. Start VDM_Start. It will start Empire for you.

Having the game on C: or not doesn't matter.

Domesticus

Make sure you have VDM start in the folder with your Empire executable. Ive had that problem before when installing VDM, made a mistake in installing Also try making BOTH VDM Start and Empire with administrator privleges

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Very nice Mod, how do you guys manage to click the traits window if the menue thingi is in your way? eg also when i try to push the " ? " on a persons card i canīt because the minimized menue option is in the way.... probably easy solution but i donīt get it right now

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Zaar View Post
    Very nice Mod, how do you guys manage to click the traits window if the menue thingi is in your way? eg also when i try to push the " ? " on a persons card i canīt because the minimized menue option is in the way.... probably easy solution but i donīt get it right now
    Turn off the advisor and also you can click "?" button in the government panel.

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Hi there, thanks it worked
    now i have a problem that in my capital (spain) with excellent mood +7 +15 there is each turn a ressource city destroyed like a saboteur but there are no messages... is there a saboteur and can i counterspy it?
    Also where can i see my amount of coin? sometimes during AI turn the eg enemy ask for 1000000000 for a peace treaty but i only have like 150 gold ?!? or the same for exchange of science.
    and is there a reason i should cancel slavery , besides ethic reasons *cough
    yep this micromanagment is a lot of fun, thanks +rep

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Zaar View Post
    Hi there, thanks it worked
    now i have a problem that in my capital (spain) with excellent mood +7 +15 there is each turn a ressource city destroyed like a saboteur but there are no messages... is there a saboteur and can i counterspy it?
    Also where can i see my amount of coin? sometimes during AI turn the eg enemy ask for 1000000000 for a peace treaty but i only have like 150 gold ?!? or the same for exchange of science.
    and is there a reason i should cancel slavery , besides ethic reasons *cough
    yep this micromanagment is a lot of fun, thanks +rep
    Maybe you have some disaster?
    It's diplomatic money, read about it in the description.
    From one hand slave trade may cause bad opinion of some ministers (radicals), from other hand it's a big money.

Hi all,

Today is my first day of vacations, just one week but it is enough to hang the 'DO NOT DISTURB, WORLD DOMINATION IN PROGRESS' sign on the door.

Vadants,

Downloaded the latest VDM a couple days ago and played some turns, it looks awesome, but I'm to scared to try to babysit the ministers so I will not activate that script for now. I have just one week to dominate the world, I can't spend time babysitting 5 grown ministers.

So I have some problems with the scripted diplomatic offers, the '1000000' diplomatic money never loads and the payment the AI demands is always the amount I have in treasury. Needless to say the AI always rejects the offer.
    It happens with tech trading and peace offer. It happens on the AI turn and the offer is made by my faction. (I'm using an older ID version)

I also have one suggestion. In the historical rebellions script, could you add the afghan rebellion 1709. Don't really know if this rebellion is already scripted but the Afghan faction doesn't like to emerge.

To end, allow me one question: the treasury limit to trigger inflation is '10000' major factions ( 2 or more regions ), and '20000' minor factions ( 1 region ). So if a a major faction ( 2 regions) loses 1 region, it turns into a small faction ( the treasury inflation limit changes)?
    And if a small faction conquers one region, does it become a major faction ( regarding the inflation treasury limit)?

Thanks,

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

VDM updated:
    - fixed some mistakes
    You can continue your campaign.

Hi all,

Vadants,

I recently upgraded windows to windows 10. When i start VDM 2.1 via 'VDM_START', WALI doesn't start, the box freezes, the time elapsed counter stays on 00:00:01, and the number of commands is 0 even if I play for 2 or more hours.
    I noticed that replenishment in enemy land, Diplomatic offers and other mechanics weren't working at all.

Probably this is due to the huge amount of background processes and apps on windows 10.

Because I'm playing a beautifull campaign with France, I needed to solve this lack of mechanics problem so I tried some of the VDM launchers inside WALI folder. It seems that launching VDM via the old 'Launcher_ETW' works pretty well.

Does this way of launching VDM can produce any potential problem?

One question: Is it possible to add a 'conditions' block to the campaigns_variables table? in order to condition the 'variable_keys' ( minimum_population, recruitment_population_cost ) so that they target, if not FactionCulture(tribal)!!! is this feasible?

Thanks,
    Last edited by PMPG; August 07, 2016 at 04:59 AM. Reason: things

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by PMPG View Post
    To end, allow me one question: the treasury limit to trigger inflation is '10000' major factions ( 2 or more regions ), and '20000' minor factions ( 1 region ). So if a a major faction ( 2 regions) loses 1 region, it turns into a small faction ( the treasury inflation limit changes)?
    And if a small faction conquers one region, does it become a major faction ( regarding the inflation treasury limit)?
    Yes, you are right.
    Does this way of launching VDM can produce any potential problem?
    Maybe yes maybe no. It's only for users with steam.
    Last edited by VadAntS; August 07, 2016 at 04:59 AM.

Hi all,

Vadants,

Played with the latest update yesterday. I'm still not able to launch VDM with 'VDM_START'. The good news is that I played VDM for hours without any problem launching VDM via 'Empire_launch'. Every mechanic works perfectly and I only just haven't seen storms yet but since my navy is so pathetic It looks like every thing is alright.

Thanks,

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Hi all,

Vadants,

Played with the latest update yesterday. I'm still not able to launch VDM with 'VDM_START'. The good news is that I played VDM for hours without any problem launching VDM via 'Empire_launch'. Every mechanic works perfectly and I only just haven't seen storms yet but since my navy is so pathetic It looks like every thing is alright.

Thanks,
    Nice to hear that everything works fine. Maybe you have some antivirus or administrative rights? I know that some players are playing with Win10 and with 'VDM_START'.

Quote Originally Posted by VadAntS View Post
    Maybe you have some antivirus or administrative rights? I know that some players are playing with Win10 and with 'VDM_START'.
    Just solved the mystery, and it was far more simple than that.
    In 'VDM_START Proprieties', on 'Attributes:', I had the file blocked. Just needed to check the 'Unblock' file box and WALI is behaving like a champion.

Now for curiosity, what happens to the 'slave trade' mechanic after researching the 'Abolition of slavery' Tech. ?

Thanks,

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Now for curiosity, what happens to the 'slave trade' mechanic after researching the 'Abolition of slavery' Tech. ?
    Nothing, but it's good idea to turn it off with this tech.

So, now protectorates are annexed via option.

Was really happy when I saw that event pop at the beginning of the turn.

Thank you very much for this mechanic Vadants,

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by VadAntS View Post
    Nothing, but it's good idea to turn it off with this tech.
    Well, historical abolition of slavery wasn't usually equal to abolition of slave trade. Et vice versa.

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Doctor View Post
    Well, historical abolition of slavery wasn't usually equal to abolition of slave trade. Et vice versa.
    Maybe it needs more disorder in the regions with slaves.