Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: VDM 2.2 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Default Re: VDM 2.1 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Very strange... I had a thought, I'll put it to the test later, but I just play on normal since Imperial Destroyer and VDM are challenging. I did set the scripting thing to 2 instead of the default 3. Could that possibly cause the crash?
    If you play on normal then you have to set it to 2. Maybe you use some poland submod?

Quote Originally Posted by VadAntS View Post
    If you play on normal then you have to set it to 2. Maybe you use some poland submod?
    I want to ask a question.Can I delete like 1.dat、2.dat and so on in VDM saves?I find if delete these,the campaign would changed.

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    I want to ask a question.Can I delete like 1.dat、2.dat and so on in VDM saves?I find if delete these,the campaign would changed.
    It's VDM saves. If you delete them you may have problems. Make it on your own risk.

Domesticus

Nope, no Poland submod yet. I had Imperial Destroyer 4.9, and VDM 2.1 from 7/1 when I had the crashes, with the manpower difficulty set to 2 for normal

I had the full set up of gameplay options in Imperial Destroyer, barring regions since the VDM scripting lua overrides that Maybe that was a problem? If theres some conflict between square formation and VDM maybe thats it?

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Nope, no Poland submod yet. I had Imperial Destroyer 4.9, and VDM 2.1 from 7/1 when I had the crashes, with the manpower difficulty set to 2 for normal

I had the full set up of gameplay options in Imperial Destroyer, barring regions since the VDM scripting lua overrides that Maybe that was a problem? If theres some conflict between square formation and VDM maybe thats it?
    I didn't change anything in files between 6/26 and 7/1. I only changed script that can not influence on battles. Try to run battle without any options. Maybe you wrote these options in the user script above VDM strings?
    Last edited by VadAntS; July 04, 2016 at 12:27 AM.

Domesticus

Well no, those are the gameplay options that come with the Imperial Destroyer download, you know, replacing Lord_Core and such. Nothing in the user script file whatsoever. I used the exact same script.txt from the early campaign folder in the VDM download. So that shouldnt be causing a problem. Its very weird that its happened since it even happened after I reinstalled Empire and Imperial Destroyer 4.9

Are you sure theres nothing different between those versions, that could possibly make battles crash? Otherwise im going to assume its something on my end, and just not worry about it since I want to play a campaign Using the VDM from 6/28 works perfectly for me, so I'll just deal. See what happens if you make a new version that works with the late campaign...

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Well no, those are the gameplay options that come with the Imperial Destroyer download, you know, replacing Lord_Core and such. Nothing in the user script file whatsoever. I used the exact same script.txt from the early campaign folder in the VDM download. So that shouldnt be causing a problem. Its very weird that its happened since it even happened after I reinstalled Empire and Imperial Destroyer 4.9
    As i said battles work fine for me so it must be something that you have and i don't have. Maybe you wrote lord marches in user script above VDM strings?

Domesticus

I did actually, but now I dont have it installed, and VDM srings are at the top!

Sadly I spoke too soon and I got hit with the crash again. Ive noticed something interesting about it, it crashes during a battle at some point, dont know the specific trigger. Then it will crash when loading the battle once I reload the game.

Im gonna post this in the main thread, now im starting to think its something wrong with Imperial Destroyer altogether.

Domesticus

I just had a thought...whats up with the VDM saves thing? I never install that folder and I dont know how it works anyway. Maybe thats causing the problem?

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

I just had a thought...whats up with the VDM saves thing? I never install that folder and I dont know how it works anyway. Maybe thats causing the problem?
    )) Maybe maybe. It's folder where VDM creates saves like game saves. Without it VDM doesn't save information.

Domesticus

I gave that a try, and it didnt help, but I didnt start a new campaign or anything. Wasnt able to fight a battle at all. I'll try starting a new campaign with the VDM saves folder installed soon....maybe that'll fix it

I'd also like to note, if it isnt clear, its battles in campaign. I can mess around with "play battle" all I want

If that doesnt work, im going to try a reinstallation and play Imperial Destroyer without VDM and see if I get any problems.

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

ADDED HOTFIX FOR 4.9
    Fixes crashes in late campaign with VDM on Tarki turn and other bugfixes
    You need to start a new campaign
    Last edited by Lordsith; July 06, 2016 at 09:56 AM.

Is this hotfix needed to all players early or late campaign?

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Mostly for Late campaign

Okay.. thanks mate.

Domesticus

Im gonna try that hotfix, maybe it'll fix my problem too. If it doesnt, hopefully LordSith can help me out now that the Tarki Late Campaign crash is fixed

Domesticus

I installed the hotfix and started an early campaign as Poland-Lithuania, and there are no crashes in battles during the campaign I think the Hotfix fixed it, or possibly starting a new campaign with the VDM_saves folder installed

May I suggest making it very clear you need the VDM_saves folder in the installation instructions? I kinda thought that it was optional and would just copy my normal saves there to seperate them from normal saves in case I was playing a campaign without VDM or something.

Not sure if that was it. But whatever, im happy as hell

Domesticus

Sorry for the triple post But I just had a thought...

In my campaign, the Swedes took Courland before I could do anything, and I took it back. Great battle, but I was thinking....

You said you cant replicate the Liberate function from Napoleon Total War. But I was thinking, could there be a fourth option, called liberate, that spawns a rebel of that faction's army(or just a rebel army), that will take the city? It could also automatically transport your army to the nearest borders. Once the rebel army takes the city, the relations would be very friendly

Might be possible, and a good replacement for not actually having Liberate!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ok I seem to have found the issue. If your Steam is installed on one hard drive ( in my case 1tb HDD " DisK E" ) And your game is installed in another place ( In my case on SSD " Disk F " ) It will give you those errors.

Can the script be fixed somehow?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.jpg  
    Last edited by c.ryo; July 08, 2016 at 09:07 AM.

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

May I suggest making it very clear you need the VDM_saves folder in the installation instructions?
    1 Copy/paste all files into the ETW folder . If you play with standard movement speed , then choose VDM.pack from norm_range and place it to Empire's Data . If ImperialDestroyer range, then choose from little_range folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by c.ryo View Post
    Can the script be fixed somehow?
    Sorry, but it's WALI programm that i didn't write.