Thread: VDM 2.2 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Default Re: VDM 1.9 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

PMPG, Mr Kriegtooth
    thanks for suggestions
    And Yes i'm working on new version
    Quote Originally Posted by PMPG View Post
    when the army is 8 turns on 'enemy land'.
    It's already more then 5 turns. I think it's normal.
    Last edited by VadAntS; September 16, 2015 at 01:49 PM.

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

VDM updated:
    - reworked traits system for ministers.
    Change the existing traits system. Added new traits that should enhance management for the player.Traits system is now also linked to the event system.
    Also partly the traits system is changed for saboteurs and scientists who will quickly gain experience.
    - Trade ships.
    AI will use half of their ships (if they are trade) for trading, as well as to fight the enemy trade fleet.
    - Storm.
    Ships caught in a storm, damaged or flooded. Also hurt the team and the troops on board.
    -reworked diplomacy script.
    The script is completely reworked for optimization and bug fixes. Changed the mechanism of diplomatic money - now there is no 3 mln. every turn
    and, accordingly, no bugs with the remnants of the money in the treasury.

Default Re: VDM 2.0 for IMPERIAL DESTROYER project

Hi,

Great news Vadants, can't wait to test the new version latter today.

Well, I had some simple suggestions for the previous version that I don't know if they still are appropriate for the 2.0 version. Well, I will share them any way:

1) make the trade nodes in trade theaters to act like ports, healing or at least preventing scurvy desease from your ships.

2) Political Pamphlet random event : the options on this event are A: 'Confiscate and burn: -40 Administration points', or B: ' Ignore: -1 Stability'.
    - The choice in this event is straight forward as option B negative effects are much stronger then option A, the player will allways select A over B for any level of Stability so I suggest that option A changes to something like A': 'Confiscate and burn: -120 Administration points'.

3) Watching the Meteor random event, option A: '-6% tax income' and B: '-1 Stability'. Again the choice is pretty straight forwardbecause Stabilitty allways changes the tax rate by '+- 10%' so the player will select allways A. I suggest that a changes to A': ' Inflation: +10%' this way the player will need to look at the amount of income that comes from trade and tax, the joint expenses of the army and navy, and amount of Administration points, making this event more interesting.

The previous suggestion of making the desease 'Fever' to trigger according to the general command skill (number of stars), was to make that trait more dynamic. In all my campaigns that trait only triggered twice, in both times was an army left in denmark to destroy the 3 ports, because 8 turns to trigger are 2 ingame years and no army spends that amount of time in 'Enemy Land'.

One more thing, is there any way to turn off the annexation of protectorates mechanic ( 10 years to fully annex) in the scripting.Lua file?

Thanks,

Heptagenia's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by VadAntS View Post
    VDM updated:
    - reworked traits system for ministers.
    Change the existing traits system. Added new traits that should enhance management for the player.Traits system is now also linked to the event system.
    Also partly the traits system is changed for saboteurs and scientists who will quickly gain experience.
    - Trade ships.
    AI will use half of their ships (if they are trade) for trading, as well as to fight the enemy trade fleet.
    - Storm.
    Ships caught in a storm, damaged or flooded. Also hurt the team and the troops on board.
    -reworked diplomacy script.
    The script is completely reworked for optimization and bug fixes. Changed the mechanism of diplomatic money - now there is no 3 mln. every turn
    and, accordingly, no bugs with the remnants of the money in the treasury.
    Hi ctd with this version, i do a clean install, ctd in turn 2

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Heptagenia View Post
    Hi ctd with this version, i do a clean install, ctd in turn 2
    Try to redownload vdm_src.pack
    Last edited by VadAntS; September 18, 2015 at 04:56 PM.

VDM updated:
    -fixed some mistakes in manpower script, you need to place game's difficulty level in scripting.lua
    - some little changes
    "you need to place game's difficulty level in scripting.lua" I wonder? Also for this new version?

Domesticus

Nice! I'll get it with the newest Imperial Destroyer when it comes out!

Try to redownload vdm_src.pack
    No one ctn now but no text in the messeges belonging to your mod after new turn. Im sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand what I mean

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

No one ctn now but no text in the messeges belonging to your mod after new turn.
    Try again redownload vdm_src.pack
    If you use manpower script you need to place game's difficulty level in scripting.lua

If you use manpower script you need to place game's difficulty level in scripting.lua
    No problem now so far Excelente

From scripting lua:
    ManpowerMult=1--campaign difficulty
    --easy=1, normal=2, hard=3, very hard=4
    CurDif=3
    Schould I change ManpowerMult=1 or CurDif=3 to change level.

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

From scripting lua:
    ManpowerMult=1--campaign difficulty
    --easy=1, normal=2, hard=3, very hard=4
    CurDif=3
    Schould I change ManpowerMult=1 or CurDif=3 to change level.
    ManpowerMult defines what standard army limit you will have in game. ManpowerMult=1 means 20 troops, ManpowerMult=2 means 40 troops and so on. I suggest ManpowerMult=1.
    To change level use CurDif.

Slor's Avatar Civis

Am I able to chop this submod up without crashes or is everything dependent? For instance, I'm only interested in disease/replenishment/disaster etc. Not so much coinage/nationalization/protectorates. I want the game to be harder on me, but not the really the AI and it seems the AI struggles with some of these addons too much. Unsure since my mod experience doesnt lie with etw.

Domesticus

In the scripting.lua, youre able to turn on and off everything to do with VDM for the most part

I'd say that if you cant, not to worry about it though, and it doesnt make the game easier even if you start it

VDM makes the game much harder through diseases and disaster, and the random events will wreck you. I had a bad spate of horrible events in my last Austria campaign. Stability went to minus 3. then one spy in my Indian colonies........the walls of Vienna were beseiged by Republican revolutionaries!

Hi,

Vadants,

missing text about Storms and Rakes incite rebellions.
    How do Storm events work?

Thanks,

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

Hi,

Vadants,

missing text about Storms and Rakes incite rebellions.
    How do Storm events work?

Thanks,
    Hi,
    Sorry, redownload Lord_loc.pack
    Storm random appears in some sea (ocean) region. All ships that are situate in this region will get damage (or sink).
    Soon i'll have good news for you.

Soon i'll have good news for you.
    Can't wait to see what magic you will produce this time, but this news make me really happy ,

Thanks a lot,

Hi,

Vadants,

I'm playing a Savoy campaign and I believe I found some little mistakes:

1) I started coinage in the first turn of the campaign and let the inflation reach + 20%, then I stopped coinage and let my inflation in the + 20% level for a couple of turns. I conquered Milan and Sardinia ( has a silver mine ) from Spain. The Inflation didn't rise beyond the +20% with the new silver mine, don't know if this is the max limit for inflation but it is a little low, something between + 30% and +40 % would be much more interesting. If the reason is to limit coinage, just make coinage unavailable to inflation levels > = to 20%.

Now the real problem, remember my inflation level + 20%, is that I can't lower Inflation with my Tresuary Minister ability. I press the (?) button, the 50 adm pointd are deducted from the total amount, as normal, but in the next turn the inflation level is still + 20%.

2) The 'Governor's effect' in regions effective tax rate isn't counting correctly:

I have a 'Governor's effect: +64%' in my capital region but counting my minister's individual traits, the effect should be + 59%, as follows:

King: Traditions +10% ; Stability: +20%
    Head: jug Head -5%
    Tresuary: Fiscal Genius +20% ; Status Quo +5% ; from Office due to Skill +4%
    Justice: Economist +10% ; Status Quo +5%
    Army: jug Head -5%
    Navy: jug Head -5%

I believe that one of the 'jug Head' trait isn't being effectively counted by the engine, if that is even possible!!!!

3) at the beggining of one turn, I had a notification about my characters new traits, and one of them said that some unknown character had gained the 'diligent' trait. The problem is that character didn't made part of my faction. I'm 100% sure that the character who received that 'diligent' trait isn't in any of my faction characters list or didn't belong to the government candidates, I searched and I searched and I don't have that character at least he haven't spawned yet so something weird happened with this trait!?

4) The 'watching the meteor' random event... why not go crazy with this one and make the 2 options lower the stability -1!? an event dedicated only to decrease the stability can only be a positive thing!

There is a random event to get rid of the clergy, something like that, that gives us the option to increase Stability by +1. This option should also increase our '+% of religious unrest' in my opinion.

The mod is running amazingly good and navys are much more active now. The naval campaign is extremely dynamic, this is a huge update, great work and many Thanks,

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

VDM updated:
    - some changes

VadAntS's Avatar Miles
    Artifex

I'm playing a Savoy campaign and I believe I found some little mistakes:
    Hi,
    PMPG,
    1) it's strange, i'll check it
    2) it's hard to say how game mechanics work. Maybe some effects isn't counted in capital region.
    3) )) it's a famous question. It's a governor of Europe. You can't see him if you play by europeans.
    4) maybe
    Thanks for reply.