Thread: Order of Saint John and Custom Battles

Default Order of Saint John and Custom Battles

Hey guys,

Awesome mod! I've been having a great time over the last week with a campaign as the Kingdom of France - you guys have done a great job especially with the historical events. I don't think I've ever panicked in a Total War campaign before, but I did when the Pope organized a Holy League against me!

I just had a couple questions for the devs - first of all, how does one recruit units from the Order of Saint John? I'm not expecting to in my French campaign, because I'm pretty well at war with everyone except the Ottomans, but it would be nice to know for future reference.

Also, every time I try to launch a custom battle the game crashes to desktop. Are custom battles disabled for some reason, or am I just doing something horribly wrong? I am running the English translation if that matters at all.
    Last edited by ChaosReigns; March 07, 2015 at 06:29 PM.

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Default Re: Order of Saint John and Custom Battles

In a couple of cities you can build chapters. There you can recruit the knights

Which version do you use? 1.2?
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

I must have been using an outdated version of the English translation, because I updated it just now and that solved the custom battle crashes completely.

Just to clarify - I did build minor chapter houses in a few of my cities, but I imagine larger chapter houses are required to recruit Knights of Saint John?

Thanks for the assistance, by the way!

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Glad everything works properly

Yes, you are right! In the next building level your knights should be available.
    Nothing to speak of!
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Are the Knights of St John equipped in XVI century armour? i mean morion & burgomet helms etc like in the great siege of Malta 1565

† Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat