Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - NEW Official AE Signatures

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - Updated Loading Screens 22.09.15

Thanks Willhelm.

Here is a new update:

Macedonian units

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - Updated Units Cards 01.10.15

Can you stop posting awesome stuff, UMCenturion? I can't +rep you so soon!

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - Updated Units Cards 01.10.15

Quote Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
    Can you stop posting awesome stuff, UMCenturion? I can't +rep you so soon!
    Haha thank you sir - always appreciated. More to come in the next week or so. Lots of work coming to a close finally.

New Update in unit cards. Enjoy! Also added this to the collection in the original post.

The Britons
    Last edited by UMCenturion; October 13, 2015 at 10:40 PM.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - East African - Kush Unit Cards 19.12.15

New update in unit cards. Also added to original post in the collection.

East African - Kush

Willhelm123's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - East African - Kush Unit Cards 19.12.15

Really amazing job on those. You've outdone yourself. I should point out that you've also done cards for units not covered in the preview if anyone is confused as to why there are so many.
    AE Dev, mainly units

Quote Originally Posted by Willhelm123 View Post
    Really amazing job on those. You've outdone yourself. I should point out that you've also done cards for units not covered in the preview if anyone is confused as to why there are so many.
    Ah yes, valid point - Something I will make sure to clarify going forward. Thank you Willhelm.

Hello from France
    I am a crazy fan of ROME 1 (and Roma surrectum 2 mod for R1) and less for Rome 2.
    I have not bought attila total war because I do not like this late period. But seeing the progress of your mod and the recreation of Rome 2 in this new game , I jumped for joy. You have my full support and I will enjoy Christmas to buy attita total war just to install your mod when he will be ready . Congratulations !! Cant wait !! I love you guys !!
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Dont you guys want to make chariots ??
    Chariots are needed in this mod! It will be so cool

We have chariot units
    AE Dev, mainly units

New update to the front page - reorganized a few things and added tons of new screens. The new screens represent a WIP, as I have found quite a few bugs and missing files when updating these. Below are a list of changes:
    • Updated screens for all cultures except Nomadic
    • Showcases Characters - Spies, Dignitaries, and Champions
    • All Generals have been implemented
    • There will be 4 sets of wives to represent our 4 main cultures - Roman, Hellenistic, Barbarian, Eastern. (Not all are displayed)

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - New Screens Updated 17.02.2016

UMC, when I last checked the updated file, you'd removed the floating unit icon colours again, would you mind deleting the file that overwrites it for now and replacing those icons later?
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - New Screens Updated 17.02.2016

Wow, those new UIs are GORGEOUS! I especially love the little details, like how your political party's control meter changes with each culture to something that represents it (I especially love the Punic one).

HYPE LEVEL=GET

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That is awesome! The UI updates are fantastic!

You sir, have done an outstanding job!
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; February 18, 2016 at 06:40 AM.

UMC is in many ways the unsung hero of the mod team. He does a lot of tasks that I don't think many people would be up for, and does them so well. Character arts in Attila are a huge pain in the ass, frankly. Doing 2D art and 3D portrait settings for hundreds of generals and wives isn't fun. Building icons - no many modders have taken up that task and never really completed it, but he's been hammering away at it. Just a lot of patience involved in both tasks that most people lack. Then there's just the other tasks he's picked up on the project like working on units.
    Last edited by ABH2; February 22, 2016 at 05:17 AM.

I agree. Most mods now lack the UI updates that is needed because modding the campaign in general has become difficult due to coding by CA. I suspect it will get harder even with the new total war game that would be released later in the future. I can understand that, it ain't.

Its a testament to UMC that he's made one of the BEST ui updates in a long time. It reminds me of the RTW mods which had fantastic UIs, and UMC def deserves to be meantioned.

You sir, deserve rep!

Edit:

Oh....seems I can't rep the same person twice. *slaps forehead*
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; February 22, 2016 at 06:50 AM. Reason: E

Quote Originally Posted by The Triumph of Rome View Post
    I agree. Most mods now lack the UI updates that is needed because modding the campaign in general has become difficult due to coding by CA. I suspect it will get harder even with the new total war game that would be released later in the future. I can understand that, it ain't.

Its a testament to UMC that he's made one of the BEST ui updates in a long time. It reminds me of the RTW mods which had fantastic UIs, and UMC def deserves to be meantioned.

You sir, deserve rep!

Edit:

Oh....seems I can't rep the same person twice. *slaps forehead*
    Everyone is too kind. I appreciate it! my job is the most visual, and is what you see in plain sight, so I certainly do not want to take away from the work others have done. We have a great team altogether. the original rome 1 uis, modded and vanilla are definitely an inspiration. I hope to bring back some of that original nostalgia some of us had playing EB, RTR, Roma Surrectum, etc. I have some plans to do other cultures in the future, such as egyptian, iberian, dacian, macedonian (basically tailoring it to factions, but will be after 1st (or more) release(s). getting this mod out in beta form is first priority. Ill have some updated nomdic screens soon, as ABH was gracious enough to implement a nomadic faction into the campaign to use.

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Everyone is too kind.
    I disagree, you deserve the praise completely. The team is fantastic, revolutionary and intuitive but I do agree that you often get overlooked, as does Philip and some of the lesser known unit creators. Then we have our researchers too, all deserve praise for bringing this piece of art to the community, it is in all honesty something I am so proud of and I am thankful to work with such amazing people and such a motivated team to create something I truly believe will change the total war community and create a lasting impact for years to come.

Petellius
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

You guys deserve encouragement from the rest of the community, that goes to Petellius, UMC, Litharion, Cpt Cortes, Little Legionnaire, ABH2, Wilhem 23, Hardbalder, Sheriden, Causeless, and the rest of the team. Your hard work in working at this mod is a testament. Its hard to keep overhaul mods going, and you guys are doing a fantastic job. The more encouragement you get, the faster your mod progress will become. Because when someone likes your work, you tend to do much better in it. Notice this during the phases of development. Anyway, what you guys are doing will def provide a lot of stuff to the total war community what it needed. Look at what you've achieved ever since the assembly kit tools came out. So much. You've still got more to do, but its far from what we had when the mod tools hadn't been released. Once fixes come in, then your mod development will even go much faster.

Do watch out for the slavs pack with a patch.

Thanks. It's gonna be a great mod, even if some things will be a little weird like settlement positions.
    AE Dev, mainly units