Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - NEW Official AE Signatures

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Thank you for the words. Yes Attila is made more darker, and something I am experimenting with as far as lighting. When it comes to the portraits, they are directly taken from the 3d models from DEI and Rome 2, however, the lighting may still make them darker. The portraits I am still working on for over a month now, as it is a large task to get all 2d and 3d variants to match. I think the end result u will be happy with. I am hoping to have a larger preview within the next 2 weeks to showcase the progress.
    I will be looking forward for it. If you are doing portraits from scratch may I suggest recreating more characters from movies and series like Gladiator, Rome, Alexander, Hannibal, etc.
    Last edited by rem123456; September 05, 2015 at 05:02 PM.

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by rem123456 View Post
    I will be looking forward for it. If you are doing portraits from scratch may I suggest recreating more characters from movies and series like Gladiator, Rome, Alexander, Hannibal, etc.
    ah it will not be "custom portraits". instead based on the 3d variants already in place. We cannot help the model, which is a base that CA created for Rome 2. Unless there is a modeler that wants to contribute and make custom generals such as Maximus, Pullo, etc. (which would take over a year to do), all 2d portraits will have to match their 3d counterparts. Sorry for the miscommunication.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

great work all around.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - Updated Unit Cards 10.09.15

Updated Unit cards for Seleucids. Pike changes in general. Also listed in OP.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - Updated Unit Cards 17.09.15

Wow, those look gorgeous.

Willhelm123's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - Updated Unit Cards 17.09.15

Why does one of the archers face the opposite way?
    AE Dev, mainly units

Quote Originally Posted by Willhelm123 View Post
    Why does one of the archers face the opposite way?
    mainly to differeniate between the tiers of the cretan archers.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface for Attila - Germanic Preview Added - FrontEnd Update

the unit cards of the infantry are excellent but the unit cards of the cavalry are very bad,because not seen that kind of cavalry is.the unit cards of the divide et impera of the cavalry are perfect.
    this style of unit cards is to be followed for the cavalry.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface for Attila - Germanic Preview Added - FrontEnd Update

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    the unit cards of the infantry are excellent but the unit cards of the cavalry are very bad,because not seen that kind of cavalry is.the unit cards of the divide et impera of the cavalry are perfect.
    I personally prefer our units cards Tbh.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

I like the your units cards, they are awesome, nothing wrong with the Calvary one!!

It is understandable, they are different. There are a few I would like to redo, because of the color and lighting. But keeping them unique from DEI and others are a priority.

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

To tack on to this, I think what the problem is that the small pieces of metal in the harness are really bright, it looks almost like artifacts. Id just say run it over a few times in photoshop with a highlight burn tool, cut those extreme lights out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    To tack on to this, I think what the problem is that the small pieces of metal in the harness are really bright, it looks almost like artifacts. Id just say run it over a few times in photoshop with a highlight burn tool, cut those extreme lights out.
    I certainly agree with that. some of the exposure generated through the Attila lighting is really harsh. Ill wind up doing a touch up to some

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    I like the your units cards, they are awesome, nothing wrong with the Calvary one!!
    Thanks! You have been a long time supporter. Keep it up. We really appreciate the support.
    Last edited by UMCenturion; September 18, 2015 at 08:34 PM.

Loading images are updated and quite a few added. Please see OP for all added in thus far. These are mainly Rome 2 promotional screens, so credit to CA.

The plan is to have custom unit loading screens, and more Attila battlefield screens once more unit rosters are added. We definitely don't want to be Rome centric, and give credit to other factions as well. Enjoy!

Samples

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Loading images are updated and quite a few added. Please see OP for all added in thus far. These are mainly Rome 2 promotional screens, so credit to CA.

The plan is to have custom unit loading screens, and more Attila battlefield screens once more unit rosters are added. We definitely don't want to be Rome centric, and give credit to other factions as well. Enjoy!

Samples

I think I noticed some custom ones already? Also I've been working on adding some in myself

Edit: are we only using screens from Attila as I've some good shots of our units in Rome 2 that we made a while back?

Yes there are two custom ones.

are we only using screens from Attila as I've some good shots of our units in Rome 2 that we made a while back?

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - Updated Loading Screens 22.09.15

It is preferred, but don't want to necessarily limit to Attila. I am sure there are shots that would be nice to add. At the same time, showcasing the Attila canvas would be nice once all unit packs are completed.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - Updated Loading Screens 22.09.15

Updated Unit Card preview. This is posted on the front page. Quite a few updates coming in the near future that will be displayed up top. Thanks again to the community.

Unit Card Spotlight

Willhelm123's Avatar Decanus

Great job on those Libyans. Should have our first chariot unit coming to you soon.
    AE Dev, mainly units