Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface & 2D Artwork - NEW Official AE Signatures

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface for Attila - Germanic Preview Added - FrontEnd Update

New update! Punic UI has been added. All feedback is welcome - (color scheme, hud designs, button designs, etc.) Thank you and hope you enjoy!

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Libertus

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface for Attila - Punic Preview Added

Shouldn't the tab where money, income and food is displayed be darker? I mean, it's hard to see white numbers on a light color like that

Quote Originally Posted by Ajajp_Alejandro View Post
    Shouldn't the tab where money, income and food is displayed be darker? I mean, it's hard to see white numbers on a light color like that
    Indeed. I will experiment with some lighting and shade effects that will allow the text to be seen as well as keep the tab detail there. Thanks for the feedback!

This looks so amazing!!! So immersive, I can't wait to try this out
    If you want a trailer for it, in LEGO... you know who to call haha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPIj...6VVxhLAyEwG5eG

Hellenistic UI preview added

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface for Attila - Hellenistic Preview Added

Absurdly excellent. They keep getting better! One question though - is the Vergina sun icon in the family tree entirely appropriate for all Greek factions? For successor states perhaps, but I dunno if it makes sense for the achean and aetolian leagues. This is just my casual understanding, but I always thought of it as a Macedonian emblem.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface for Attila - Hellenistic Preview Added

Yeh I was thinking the same. I was having the successor states in mind when creating this. The time period we are starting at is right when the achean league had its power briefly, just before Rome intervened In all affairs that were greek. So I guess it would be fair to leave vergina out for now until I have a successor UI only. Good point!

To my knowledge, vergina is widely associated with Macedonia, but has been prominent in all Greek art from the 6th century to 2nd century, including on coins and shield patterns. However, it was overly used with the reign of Phillip II on down, hence the association. So I will rethink this one for sure. I figured it may cause a discussion
    Last edited by UMCenturion; April 07, 2015 at 07:29 AM.

Libertus

The Hellenic UI is just awesome. I can't wait to see the eastern one!

I'm impressed to say the least. Also this may not be the place to ask but, how are you all going to get around not having many cities in Greece and Macedonia? Are you all going to have to wait until CA releases the Map Tools?

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by FILIUSROMAE View Post
    I'm impressed to say the least. Also this may not be the place to ask but, how are you all going to get around not having many cities in Greece and Macedonia? Are you all going to have to wait until CA releases the Map Tools?
    They're utilizing hordes.

In general, that's one of the primary reasons the mod will start in 200 BC (along with Illyria, where the emphasis of the map will be more on the interior tribes rather than the coastal ones Rome fought and mostly subdued in the 3rd century). The Achaeans and Aetolians will be featured with the Aetolians being a horde, as Black9 stated. As long as I can get the AI to behave correctly. I don't want the Aetolians settling in Italy or something else ridiculous like that.

Roman Update coming. Was able to add a few new things upon ideas generated by later cultures worked on .

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice work. I don't know much in graphism but it's very well balanced and quite tastefull. If I may, I personally see too many bricks and stones for my taste and I could take more marble (as for bricks there are so many different colors and tones with the marble) or some doric friezes, mozaic, high relief, or any of the numerous textures that makes the antiquity one of the most fascinating artistic period ever. For the germanic and celtic I remember the barbarian UI in EB were also mainly made of wood and rough stone and it seems that the idea is to show something less refined than for the hellenic and romans. I can understand but in the same time the celtic art made use of refined and precious material too and somehow maybe its possible to create patterns and textures using polished sclupted stones or bronze.

Great points! I definately agree with the observations. I think as time goes on, more and more updates will arise where the more art and mosaic looking textures will be implemented. I do not want to call alot of the solid state stones that are colored are place holders, but in a sense can be If i can master the seam issues with the right tectures. At the moment I'm working out the seams with the basic buttons and discovering new ways to show more detail without it looking like wrapping paper taped over and object. with that said, some research is halted on some cultures as I am trying to flush out all UI compensation for all the cultures intended for, if you have any specific ideas for a certain culture please feel free to PM me or post on this thread . We would gladly implement something into a culture of choice.

The Celtic UI in my view looks the best of them all in game and there's quite a bit of gold worked in. It really fits that culture to the letter and I don't know if I'd change anything.

The Outsider's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface for Attila - Roman Update 21/04/15

All of them look really good mate, congrats, I especially like the updated roman one, but a. Small suggestion it might look better if the wreath is a slightly darker greent. Cheers.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface for Attila - Roman Update 21/04/15

This looks great. Glad to see you guys fixing some of the stuff that was neglected in Rome 2. Looking forward to the release.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface for Attila - Germanic Preview Added - FrontEnd Update

Looks amazing! Keep up the good work!

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface for Attila - Roman Update 23/4/15

We appreciate the support. Update coming soon .

Default Re: [PREVIEW] - AE User Interface for Attila - Eastern UI added 28/4/15

Eastern UI has been added. See OP for screens.