Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Viking Forefathers DLC Reskin+ Unique Roster Expansion v.1.02

Default Re: Viking Forefathers DLC Reskin+ Unique Roster Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Franz HUber View Post
    Why not in the archive, just put the file, why go to the sites?
    upload failed in archive, 9 out of 10 times file upload works fine for me

This is exactly what I've been looking for! Downloading now!!

Quote Originally Posted by XtrufrE View Post
    upload failed in archive, 9 out of 10 times file upload works fine for me
    To download, you need to put some incomprehensible program download something extra, automatically, among downloaded spyware. Why, you can not put a file-pack?

miTo82's Avatar Libertus

Wow... this unit reskins are just AMAZING!!!

I have tried some reskin mods the last days, but I have to say, I like yours the most! Very good Job.

And If I use the "reskin only" download it is compatible with other mods as I see so far (like Fall of the eagles). I only have to load your mod first in the Mod Manager... *thumbs up*

Have you plans for similar mods in the future? Maybe for other factions / tribes too (germanic tribes for example)??

Quote Originally Posted by Linvocateur View Post
    Awesome mod, just amazing!!! The norse god bless you!!

But Can you please make the mod compatible with: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Huns-released!
    And for a strange reason..... the Berserk are invisible.
    all in one version is not downloadable so i cant test compatibility right now but these mods should work together

invisible berserkers should be caused by another mod overwriting main_units_tables or unit_variants_tables -> you could try to download the newer versions with fixed names to avoid load order issues
    Downloads
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

+units radious balanced
    raxis_viking_forefathers_reskin_for_radious.rar
    +units radious balanced + hirdmen roundshield
    radious-hirdmen.rar
    +units vanilla balanced
    raxis_viking_forefathers_reskin.rar
    +units vanilla + parthian shot +hirdmen roundshield
    raxis_viking_forefathers_reskin_valkyries.zip
    reskin only
    raxis_viking_forefathers_reskin_no_units.rar
    reskin only + hirdmen roundshield
    reskin_no_units_hirdmen.rar

Quote Originally Posted by firnis View Post
    First: Really awesome job, the reskins and new units are great. But i have a small request, could you have a look at Fall of the Eagles and eventually create a compatible version of your mod with this overhaul?

link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...s-Patch-Mar-4)
    as far as i can see the only isue with my units is the melee attack rating or am i missing something?

reskin only works fine with fall of the eagles

Quote Originally Posted by miTo82 View Post
    Wow... this unit reskins are just AMAZING!!!

I have tried some reskin mods the last days, but I have to say, I like yours the most! Very good Job.

And If I use the "reskin only" download it is compatible with other mods as I see so far (like Fall of the eagles). I only have to load your mod first in the Mod Manager... *thumbs up*

Have you plans for similar mods in the future? Maybe for other factions / tribes too (germanic tribes for example)??
    no reskins planned in the near future but you never know... my total war is 80% modding and 20% playing
    i have created 14 mods now (most are small balancing changes) but this was my first upload

Hate to ask but, can i have just the units. No skins or icons. Just the units?

Quote Originally Posted by champkareem View Post
    Hate to ask but, can i have just the units. No skins or icons. Just the units?
    new_units_only.rar

Good job! Nice look

Reskin swords for Danes, Geats and Jutes.

Thank you sir!

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

I have a rather unusual request and don't expect you to follow up on it, XtrufrE, but let me write it down:

I watched the latest episode of History Channels "Vikings" and noticed that the shields and clothing are mostly following practical designs, not artistical ones. They are warriors. Their clothes get bloody, their shields break so it strikes me as rather realistic that they don't spend hours and hours to paint unique pictures on their shields.

So my request would be for a less colorful version of your reskin, with fokus on rather simple shapes on the shields and not as brightly colored clothing. A bit better than vanilla, but not as sophisticated as your regular version. The amount of differently colored and marked shields could also rise from lower tier units to elite units I guess.

I feel that this would be more realistic. I might be wrong as I'm not a historian, so please correct me if you know more.

And again, it's your work and asking you to scale it down is rather odd, I know. Absolutely up to you if you wanna try this or not.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Great looking mod, but I'd recommend changing the name of the "Gauti Horse Raiders" to "Geatic Horse Riders". A small thing, but it would be a nice addition.

Also, is there any chance of the Radious compatible version giving the Valkyries parthian shot? Or maybe a Radious unit only pack? Demanding I know.
    Last edited by Delicate Strawberry; March 07, 2015 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Strawberry View Post
    Great looking mod, but I'd recommend changing the name of the "Gauti Horse Raiders" to "Geatic Horse Riders". A small thing, but it would be a nice addition.

Also, is there any chance of the Radious compatible version giving the Valkyries parthian shot? Or maybe a Radious unit only pack? Demanding I know.
    called them gauti horse raiders to sound a bit more special. when i first created the unit i had another use for it in mind (suebi swordsmen, alani general, scirii warriors)

radious balanced + parthian shot + geatic horse raiders
    radious_parthian.rar

called them gauti horse raiders to sound a bit more special. when i first created the unit i had another use for it in mind (suebi swordsmen, alani general, scirii warriors)

radious balanced + parthian shot + geatic horse raiders
    radious_parthian.rar
    Damn that was fast. Thanks a lot man. It would be a good idea to put these other versions alongside the others on the main post, incase others wanted them too. (If you've not already done so)

Forgot to say, a Radious version with just the units (with parthian shot) would be good. The reskin is great, but the emblems don't work properly with me. :/

Great work.
    Last edited by Delicate Strawberry; March 08, 2015 at 08:51 AM.

Erik Hammarstrom's Avatar Foederatus

Sorry but I dont seem to be able to download, all I get is that terrible spyware. Feel stupid, but could someone tell me how to download the files?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hammarstrom View Post
    Sorry but I dont seem to be able to download, all I get is that terrible spyware. Feel stupid, but could someone tell me how to download the files?

try using addblock

Great mod, one of the best i have seen yet
    I will have to ask, as i am not so experienced with mods, is this save game compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by Abstillion View Post
    Great mod, one of the best i have seen yet
    I will have to ask, as i am not so experienced with mods, is this save game compatible?
    yep

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Great work mate!

I would suggest you to post this:

Reskin + New Units Radious balanced
    raxis_viking_forefathers_reskin_for_radious.rar

in the Radious Submod Section : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...ious-Total-War

So your mod will be more visible and noticeable to Radious Mod Players

You could also use this nice mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...h-real-weapons-!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast