Thread: Computer for RSII

tiepilot98's Avatar Libertus

Default Computer for RSII

I want to buy a new computer. And I want to play the RSII at 30 fps and the highest possible settings. What hardware should be? And I want the cheapest possible computer for this.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: Computer for RSII

Hard to tell......an Intel I5 processor should be more than ample, and since you'll end up with Windows8, at least 8gb of ram and a video card with 2gb of memory.
    RTW is more 'processor' heavy, so the better the processor, the better the game play. As of now, I would look hard for a CD copy of RTW gold somewhere, as the Steam version of RTW has broken a lot of mods.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Default Re: Computer for RSII

The fastest processor you can get (native speed) - and then just suitable matched peripherals.

I have great hopes from what I've heard of Windows 10 (and then I can have hope never to have to use the rubbish that's on my phone!); but my RSII stays on WinXP........
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.