Thread: Mod that removes weather effects on campaign map?

Default Mod that removes weather effects on campaign map?

As the title says, is there any mod that removes rain and snow from the campaign map? If no, can someone make one? Pretty please...

Default Re: Mod that removes weather effects on campaign map?

Try these and let me know if they work. The first one should get rid of snow / rain on the campaign map, and the second one removes all the clouds floating around on the campaign map. Please note, because these two mods work with VFX (video effects) they are of the type MOVIE (instead of type MOD). What this means is that you will still place them in the data directory of your Rome 2 folder, but they will not show up in the default Rome 2 mod manager. They will always be active, to deactivate you just need to take them out of the data folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sir Sloaks's Avatar Libertus

ts8lemonade Thank you i was looking for these myself

Thanks! works great

thx man i was looking for this mod too

14182's Avatar Miles

Thanks and +rep, ts8lemonade!

There used to be another cloud removal mod but it's outdated. I can finally get rid of those framerate eating clouds again!
    "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first."

Arrigo Sacchi

Can you make this for Attila as well?

If this removal is intended to remove those sand dust clouds, invasing the entire africa rim, this doesn't work this way. It's not even showing up inside the launcher's mod section.

So better ask again: What is this supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Janus_Valerius View Post
    It's not even showing up inside the launcher's mod section.
    Ok, doesn't show up because it's another file type, got it.. But is it Patch 17 compatible? Think this could be the problem...

Btw:
    Why I can't edit my own posting? After over 15 years of creating forums, some things should be standard by now... And this is not a feature anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ts8lemonade View Post
    Try these and let me know if they work. The first one should get rid of snow / rain on the campaign map, and the second one removes all the clouds floating around on the campaign map. Please note, because these two mods work with VFX (video effects) they are of the type MOVIE (instead of type MOD). What this means is that you will still place them in the data directory of your Rome 2 folder, but they will not show up in the default Rome 2 mod manager. They will always be active, to deactivate you just need to take them out of the data folder.
    i do all of that and i still have clouds plaase help me guys
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; October 04, 2018 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

where is the file?? why I can't find the file here?

I've just put these files in my Rome 2 data folder, and I still have clouds & weather effects. Weirdly the game now loads about 50% faster than it did before the files went in. I just bought the game last week and the clouds and weather effects are good but I want as still a campaign map as possible so I can concentrate on the areas without having all the movement which is a distraction and gets in the way of the stratergy/thinking part for me. Does anyone know of a recent poke to remove the clouds (September 2018)? Thanks!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Janus_Valerius View Post
    Btw:
    Why I can't edit my own posting? After over 15 years of creating forums, some things should be standard by now... And this is not a feature anymore
    Υou need 25 post for unlocking the ability to edit your own posts.

it seems to not work...do i need to start new campign for this work?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

No, don't think you would need a fresh start.

Here are all the graphic enhancers packs I have, you'll should find it inside and it's working for me:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/bzsbvf...weaks.zip/file

Thanks, finally it's working also for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    No, don't think you would need a fresh start.

Here are all the graphic enhancers packs I have, you'll should find it inside and it's working for me:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/bzsbvf...weaks.zip/file

Doesn't work for me. What's the game version? I use RTW2 v2.4.0 build

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

1. Download the mod packs from the above link.
    2. Putt the content into the data folder (...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data)
    3. Start Rome II.
    3. In Mod Manager, check "enable out of date mods."
    4. In Mod Manager be sure that the both Part 1 and Part 2 of the standalone packs are checked green.
    5. Play the game.

also, revert to the old manager
    Go to Rome 2 on STEAM/Right click/Properties/Betas/Select the beta you would like to use/launcher_release_canditate.

Quote Originally Posted by ts8lemonade View Post

As you said, I throw them into the data, and the mod manager sees it while entering, but there is still rain and fog in the game.

How do you access to the mod manager and activate the mods? I cant find the option. Do you copy past the files with the "@@@@@" in the name??