Thread: GC on IA: Grand Campaign on Imperator Augustus map

Default GC on IA: Grand Campaign on Imperator Augustus map

The mod allows to play Grand Campaign on Imperator Augustus campaign map and it's compatible with the latest game version. It includes some rebalancing, starting relationships, past events changes, etc.

Features:
    1. Some important cities like Pergamon and Syracuse have walls now.
    2. New factions (british, tharcian, dacian, nomadic, etc) with starting relationships.
    3. Changed starting position of Tylis (they were moved to Pulpudeva) and the Etruscan Leage (they only have two cities in Italy).
    4. Changed cultures of some factions (e.g. Bithynia is now thracian, Bastarnae are dacians, etc).
    5. Rebalance of the starting relationships between some factions (e.g Nabatea should fight for the Arabic world and stop attacking the Seleucids).
    6. All factions start with strong units to avoid fighting against trash in the beggining of the game.
    7. Arabic military group got some units from Nabatea and Saba (with neutral names).
    8. Axum can recruit Kushite units.
    9. All numidian factions can recruit the units similar to Masaesyli.
    10. There's also a food bonus for the AI to avoid its death of starvation and to make it more dangerous and active on the campaign map.

Known issues:
    You won't see the city names if you use a localization e.g. Russian, German, etc. You should change the game language to English to use the mod.

@@@@@@

v1.1 changes:
    The mod is updated for the newest Ancestral patch. What was changed:
    1. Some factions were added: Synope, Thessalia, Mauri, Gamphasantes, Anartes.
    2. Triballi are a thracian tribe now.
    3. Tharican tribes' leaders look correct (they looked like they were Dacians).
    4. Kartli is at war against Armenia from the start of the game for an early challenge.
    5. Sinope is an ally of Pontus.
    6. Selecucids got more regions from Media. Media is renamed as Characene. They have only one region but this region has 2 tier infantry barracks.
    7. All major factions got barracks for the start of the game.
    8. Sparta and Athens have bad relationships from the start of the game, but they got more allies.
    9. Starting agents were added again.
    10. Saba has Marib Dam.

@@@@@@

Please read this before installing:
    1. To run the mod disable all the mods that alter the startpos of the Grand Campaign.
    2. The mod is English version only at the moment. Change the game language to see the city names.
    3. This mod is 1 turn per year, but 2 and 4 tpy version will be done as well.
    4. Here is the download link in Steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1457596010

I hope you like the mod! Any suggestions and feedback are very appreciated!
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; August 13, 2018 at 06:48 AM.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: GC on IA: Grand Campaign on Imperator Augustus map

You didn't include a file?

Yeah. Sorry for that! If it's possible, add the link to the first thread message. Thanks!

Here is the download link in Steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1457596010

This is how the campaign map looks like:

Quesion to modders: how to make the city names seen in any language? Is it possible to make without actual translations? I have no clue how.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; August 13, 2018 at 05:25 PM.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I've fixed your post. To do images you need to add [IMG] [/IMG] tags, which you had done. What you hadn't done was get the link to the actual image though. You needed to right click on the image and click "Copy image address".
    so it'd look like this: [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/418BQk9.jpg[/IMG]

Also, I can't remember off the top of my head how to do translation stuff because I haven't modded for ages, but this guide should help you. It is made for Total War: Attila, but the process should be the same for Rome 2.
    You just need to find the Rome 2 version of UPC

Oh, thank you again! I'll try to do something about localizations and hope the video will help me Would you also mind adding the download links below to the first post?

I managed to finish off more turns per year versions earlier than I expected!
    2 tpy version of GC on IA can be downloaded here:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1477904110
    4 tpy version:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1477904106

The tpy balance mods can be got here (they change recruitment, building cost, etc).
    For 2 tpy version:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1478681710
    For 4 tpy version:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1478681756

Dear Teos,
    at first, let me thank You for Your work on this very interesting mod.. But now to my point - translation..

I think, that most simple way to solve Your "translation problem" is to include Your mod into UPC project.. You can do it by writing to Swiss Halberdier and sending him all tables of added/changed text.. He should include it into next release of UPC..

Best regards
    Apophis

Hey Teos,

Would you please be willing to make the changed files from the raw data db of your assembly kit available? I'd very much like to tweak this to my preferences, but as it stands I'd have to build it from scratch without access to them.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by sboiNsAnItY View Post
    Hey Teos,

Would you please be willing to make the changed files from the raw data db of your assembly kit available? I'd very much like to tweak this to my preferences, but as it stands I'd have to build it from scratch without access to them.
    Welcome to TWC!

Are you asking for permission to use Teos's work?
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Welcome to TWC!

Are you asking for permission to use Teos's work?
    More or less, yes - though more specifically I'm asking if Teos would be willing to share their assembly kit files that are used to generate the startpos, since stuff they've changed from there doesn't end up in the mod itself. It's probably only going to end up being used for personal and non-sharing purposes though.

More or less, yes - though more specifically I'm asking if Teos would be willing to share their assembly kit files that are used to generate the startpos, since stuff they've changed from there doesn't end up in the mod itself. It's probably only going to end up being used for personal and non-sharing purposes though.
    Then you need to ask Teos yourself of using the resources from Teos's mod and I suggest that you send Teos a PM about it.

Also, since your intention is to use Teos's work for personal use only then it's acceptable, but I would recommend that you still ask for permission should anyone questioned the usage of Teos's work in your mod.

Of course should you later decide to release it then you must obtain permission from Teos before releasing it e.g upload to any site (even on TWC) and post a download link.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

That is why I came here, yes to ask. I was not aware that it would be more appropriate to via PMs though.

I was not aware that it would be more appropriate to via PMs though.
    It is indeed approiate to ask for permission in a forum and personally I prefer to ask for permission in a public thread rather than via a PM.

But, the author might be busy with RL or perhaps have retired hence for contacting a modder via a PM or an e-mail is better than posting about it.

Now, I'm not saying that Teos have retired, only mention another possibility of why a modder isn't around.

Thanku

Hey i've been wondering if i could add a new faction to this mod

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...searchtext=qin

but Dave can only use the raw data which is the vanilla GC to generate a startpo.esf is there a way for me to import the raw data of gc on ia campaign into dave and add one new faction to this mod?
    i really would like to add the Qin (chinese) faction into this mod GC on IA campaign

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

nope, you can't do this way
    you'll have to rebuild the startpos
    and make every db insertion