Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid Megathread - Diamond Dogs and FOXHOUND

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Default Re: Metal Gear Solid Megathread - Diamond Dogs and FOXHOUND

you can extract non dead bodies (with the balloon thingy), but dead is dead, and ko/zzzz guard can be revived, or it will just get up after some time. Ofcourse discovering a dead body will cause more alarm than sleeping guy too. There is other non gameplay stuff like the scores, different code-names and so on... Non-lethal seems OP at the early stages, but things will balance out later.

You can find new silencer at the field, or call supplydrop with one, or replenish it by returning to the ACC.

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    Especially since he's so quiet because it turns the legendary Big Boss into nobody,
    They cut a lot of out from the game like more scenes and levels for the ending and dialog like big boss, which makes the game more bare in some departments, compare to the older mgs.

In fact, you hear some of kiefer lines here (spoilers in some iirc)

https://soundcloud.com/gboon/sets/re...rland-dialogue

https://soundcloud.com/gboon/sets/yo...snake-dialogue

https://a.pomf.cat/abcyrl.mp4

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    you can extract non dead bodies (with the balloon thingy), but dead is dead, and ko/zzzz guard can be revived, or it will just get up after some time. Ofcourse discovering a dead body will cause more alarm than sleeping guy too. There is other non gameplay stuff like the scores, different code-names and so on... Non-lethal seems OP at the early stages, but things will balance out later.

You can find new silencer at the field, or call supplydrop with one, or replenish it by returning to the ACC.
    Balloons? What do you mean
    How do i call air drops?
    Where is my headquarter?

Sorry im just a novice of Metal Gear franchise. Im in the mission i have to save Miller, the first one i think

Im finding the game pretty diffucult. More difficult than any Thief's or Splinter Cells.Im a full steath player and soviets always notice me when im crouching from behind and call reinforcements. Kinda frustrated right now

Awesome graphics btw. Playing ultra high

You will see see those things later.

For the Miller one, I failed it few times too. (But if you fail, you still keep all enemies you tagged, tagged, so it is always usefull)

Few tips. Just stay prone to avoid noice when moving, or move crouched slower by holding control (they can hear you moving stabdard speed crouched). You can do "hold-ups", sneaking behind a guy and aiming your gun at him, and then you can interrogate him, and tell him to get ground. Also behind cover (sticked to the wall), use your Q key for the knock function, you can pull guards towards you, and once they are close you can pull them behind cover once the key prompt comes up. Also use the empty magazines, you can lure enemies closer, or away with them. Hope this helps.

You get more tools along the way.

It is very nice looking game, but to make it even better, you can force enchanced AA (the vanilla one was just...not great), and better antisophic filtering. Recommend try it, makes wonders.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; September 10, 2015 at 06:29 PM.

Interrogations seems useless. Guy at the radio tells me i dont know russian so i silently kill all russians i meet

I forgot about that, but it gets usefull later.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Occhi Di Davide View Post
    Interrogations seems useless. Guy at the radio tells me i dont know russian so i silently kill all russians i meet
    You can get a translator in the next couple of missions, but yes interrogations are useless until you get those translators.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

I dont understand. I just saved Miller and reached the extraction point bypassing the ghosts. Mission ended and game told me i achieved three objectives out of six or seven dont remember. Is there a way to come back to Afghanistan and finish the three objectives left?

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Yes, you'll be able to replay the mission at any time. The extra objectives are revealed to you once you beat the mission once.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

I reloaded a backup save at the beginning of mission 1 (Miller) and i dont have any balloons yet

Now, whats best.. to stun enemies or to kill them silently?

If i dont kill them and i come back later in the game with the interpreter, do they reveal secrets?

The initial area is relatively small and i want to free all soviet outposts there

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Going through the open world, I think the map could have benefited greatly from
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    factions, with Mujahideen and rebel camps. Every now and again, you'd see skirmishes between Mujahideen fighters and Soviet soldiers in Afghanistan or rebel factions with each other or the CFA in the Zaire-Congo region or random events a la Red Dead Redemption. It would make traversing the map more interesting.
    Last edited by irontaino; September 11, 2015 at 03:56 PM.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Jeez davide you sure have some completionist complex

I always do my best :-)

Finally i achieved a full stealth A-grade for chapter one

How do i disable electronics and antennas without blowing up anything?

As to my knowledge, that is the only way (haven't finished the game yet tought), except one (silly) equipment you get later in the game. You can cut powerlines to cut power to some places (and shock enemies), but I'm not sure if it has effect on the antennas and such. Some electronics tought. You can cut power from bases by turning off theyr generators, or blow them up too.

Reagrding lethal or non-lethal, it really is up to you. NL is propably the optimal way of doing things, specially early game, but it depends.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Going through the open world, I think the map could have benefited greatly from
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    factions, with Mujahideen and rebel camps. Every now and again, you'd see skirmishes between Mujahideen fighters and Soviet soldiers in Afghanistan or rebel factions with each other or the CFA in the Zaire-Congo region or random events a la Red Dead Redemption. It would make traversing the map more interesting.
    Yeah, my toughts too at some point, why no skirmishes and such going on. But once you view the map more as an "hub", than "open-world", it makes more sense. This game could be done without the free-roam totally, it is just a neat bonus on top of things. That is how I see it, it really isn't a open-world game, even tought it has free sand-box elements in it.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; September 11, 2015 at 07:23 PM.

Ok. I have to recruit researchers now.

The guy at the HQ told me i have to fulton the opponents. But problem is i dont have any interpreters yet, so im afraid id fulton the wrong guys.

Help

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

You should have the side op to extract the Russian interpreter at that point. Check your side-ops list and it should be there
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatiRex View Post
    You should have the side op to extract the Russian interpreter at that point. Check your side-ops list and it should be there
    I dont have the interpreter mission at all

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Those are the main missions, not the side ops.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Those are all the missions i have now.. nevermind just found out online u need to finish mission 3 before unlocking the interpreter quest

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Occhi Di Davide View Post
    Ok. I have to recruit researchers now.

The guy at the HQ told me i have to fulton the opponents. But problem is i dont have any interpreters yet, so im afraid id fulton the wrong guys.

Help
    Wrong guys? What do you mean wrong guys?

Fulton EVERYONE!
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince