Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid Megathread - Diamond Dogs and FOXHOUND

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Metal Gear Solid Megathread - Diamond Dogs and FOXHOUND

I need to find a mod that will remove Quiet's humming once she reaches a sniping point. It's driving me insane.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    I'm about mission 41 atm, so I haven't finished the game, but so far, I kinda agree with a lot of the points, but calling it disaster is a bit harsh I think.

I think this one is HUGE improvement over MGS 4, in almost every aspect so far, not counting narrative, since it seems to be lacking in MGS V. Even tought regarding narrative, this game has way better pacing. It is a bit weird thing to tackle since mechanics wise the player has a lot influence in it in this one, but MGS 4 was just terrible in terms of that, and you had no control over it. Even it is lacking in terms of narrative content, it is better paced so far I think, not well, but better.

EDIT:

Am I only one who dislikes Quiet?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I haven't gotten to her chapter 2 story yet, but so far, she is so ackward, I can't take her seriously, which is a damn shame since she seems to have something going for her story wise. Kojima has always had ass-shots and such going in his games, which is fine, but in the case of Quiet... She is OP as , and she is just so ridiculous rubbing her horse face and ass to your face all the time, it's so ackward. I think Kojima had a little bit too big boner for her in this game, it ended up making her obnoxious, and OP.

Like I like fan-service in games, but not when the characters act like they are female cats in heat, rubbing it to your face all the time. I have been rolling with D-Dog 99% of the time anyway, I know she is mostly optional, but I just think she could had been great, but... You know.

I just got the "rain cinematic" at MB, and I don't think I can take her seriously at all at any point anymore. I don't know, maybe it gets better during chapter 2...

Am I alone with this?

Just finished Mission 46 last night, aka the last story mission. In my opinion the narrative itself is better than MGS4's, structure wise its not; especially in Chapter 2 since it's obvious stuff had to get cut to get Konami's deadlines. And I feel they had this deadline for a while, as evidenced by Konami wanting some of the game out last year with Ground Zeroes, and then the rest this year.

But, on Quiet (Major Quiet spoilers, missions 1, 31, and 45 to be exact)

Quiet is basically in heat, and by the time you reach bond level 100 with her she has fallen in love with Big Boss. As her bond level goes up with Big Boss her animations in the ACC change; and you can see those emotions conveyed in those animations. At the start of the game you may remember her being burned alive and falling out a window; Skullface then kept her alive using the Parasites; she essentially has no internal organs at this point. She could still speak however, but chooses not to. If you remember at the end of Chapter 1, there were supposed to be 3 vials of the English Language strain of Vocal Cord Parasite, and that one was missing from the container thing. That's because Quiet was infected with it by Skullface, and her objective was to assassinate Big Boss if Skullface failed in his plan. However, she ended up falling in love with Big Boss. Which is why you need 100% bond with her to do Mission 45. It's triggered after an important side-op saying that she's left Mother Base and you have to go retrieve her. She was captured by the Soviets and you end up find her beating the daylights out of the garrison where she was held, after they had beaten her and tried to rape her for killing many of their comrades.

A Soviet Armored regiment is en-route to that location because of the fight, and you have to fight it off with Quiet. At the end, a large sandstorm rolls in, and as Big Boss attempts to save quiet by shielding her behind a rock while they wait for Peqoud, Big Boss gets bitten by a venomous snake. He's in no capacity at this point to update Peqoud on their location, and Quiet does the unthinkable - speak to save the man she loves; knowing that after this she can not return to Mother Base. She guides Peqoud to their location, and ends up walking away because she would now be a danger to Big Boss and everyone else at Mother Base. She saved Big Boss, the opposite of what she was supposed to do.

Mission 42 had the defining moment of the game for me when
    (Mission 42 spoilers)
    Big Boss goes into that one room with a bunch of Diamond Dogs and they're humming the Peace Walker theme and he has to slaughter them. Jesus, that brought tears to my eyes

And the twist, I liked it personally - helps explain some MG1 and MG2 plot-points a bit better. Overall I really enjoyed MGSV, now to 100% and write a review for GG
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

I kinda felt cheated by the twist . BTW, I know this is a PC-centric forum, but if anyone wants to team up when MGO3 comes out, my PSN is bassman32590.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Citizen

Blog Entries

I wouldn't feel cheated about the twist because

You're still Big Boss! While it's not "the" Big Boss, Big Boss has always been a title and it was Zero who had put John on such a pedestal to the world. It shows that Big Boss was just the right man in the right place, and it's not as if you weren't doing anything important either - because you were! It wasn't some weird side-story or anything, and sets up MG1, MG2, and MGS1. MG1 and MG2 because of how Big Boss survives the ends of those, and even more with MGS1 in Solid and Liquid's upbringing and Miller's hatred of Big Boss. Because he was betrayed many times over at that point.

'
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatiRex View Post
    Just finished Mission 46 last night, aka the last story mission. In my opinion the narrative itself is better than MGS4's, structure wise its not; especially in Chapter 2 since it's obvious stuff had to get cut to get Konami's deadlines. And I feel they had this deadline for a while, as evidenced by Konami wanting some of the game out last year with Ground Zeroes, and then the rest this year.

But, on Quiet (Major Quiet spoilers, missions 1, 31, and 45 to be exact)

Quiet is basically in heat, and by the time you reach bond level 100 with her she has fallen in love with Big Boss. As her bond level goes up with Big Boss her animations in the ACC change; and you can see those emotions conveyed in those animations. At the start of the game you may remember her being burned alive and falling out a window; Skullface then kept her alive using the Parasites; she essentially has no internal organs at this point. She could still speak however, but chooses not to. If you remember at the end of Chapter 1, there were supposed to be 3 vials of the English Language strain of Vocal Cord Parasite, and that one was missing from the container thing. That's because Quiet was infected with it by Skullface, and her objective was to assassinate Big Boss if Skullface failed in his plan. However, she ended up falling in love with Big Boss. Which is why you need 100% bond with her to do Mission 45. It's triggered after an important side-op saying that she's left Mother Base and you have to go retrieve her. She was captured by the Soviets and you end up find her beating the daylights out of the garrison where she was held, after they had beaten her and tried to rape her for killing many of their comrades.

A Soviet Armored regiment is en-route to that location because of the fight, and you have to fight it off with Quiet. At the end, a large sandstorm rolls in, and as Big Boss attempts to save quiet by shielding her behind a rock while they wait for Peqoud, Big Boss gets bitten by a venomous snake. He's in no capacity at this point to update Peqoud on their location, and Quiet does the unthinkable - speak to save the man she loves; knowing that after this she can not return to Mother Base. She guides Peqoud to their location, and ends up walking away because she would now be a danger to Big Boss and everyone else at Mother Base. She saved Big Boss, the opposite of what she was supposed to do.

Mission 42 had the defining moment of the game for me when
    (Mission 42 spoilers)
    Big Boss goes into that one room with a bunch of Diamond Dogs and they're humming the Peace Walker theme and he has to slaughter them. Jesus, that brought tears to my eyes

And the twist, I liked it personally - helps explain some MG1 and MG2 plot-points a bit better. Overall I really enjoyed MGSV, now to 100% and write a review for GG
    I see, I should propably finish the game to get full picture, not much left it seems. Didn't check your reply yet, I will once I do.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Oh, I should mention that to unlock mission 45 you need to have a bond of 100 with Quiet and not use the butterfly in your emblem.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

There is not a zzZzZz sniper rifle mounting a suppressor as well in this game? Still trying to stealth all over the missions but i just find sniper rifles only with suppressor and no darts or rifles with darts and no suppressor

There is though it takes some well developed teams to unlock. You also have to buy some of the basic models of the sniper for it to appear on the tech chart.

My staff is like lev 30 more or less. Maybe i forgot to pick up some diagrams around

Also dont know why i get the bear rank when i finish mission. Infact till afghanistan i was foxhound. Now in the jungle im getting always bear ranks

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDE View Post
    There is not a zzZzZz sniper rifle mounting a suppressor as well in this game? Still trying to stealth all over the missions but i just find sniper rifles only with suppressor and no darts or rifles with darts and no suppressor
    When you see the "Master gunsmith" side ops do them as soon as possible. There are 3 you have to complete. This lets you customize weapons so you can, for example, put a silencer on your tranq sniper rifle.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

"I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Failed to create a save data...exit the game and delete save data

I moved the save folder because i formatted my hard disk, then i moved back the saves and gives me that error. Help

Dr. Fell's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    I need to find a mod that will remove Quiet's humming once she reaches a sniping point. It's driving me insane.
    The worst part is that it's such a catchy tune.

I think that my next order of business is to unlock this development level of the bionic stun arm.

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Finally, I can play Chapter 3

As someone once said

BIG BOSS
    BIG PRIZES

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Citizen

Blog Entries

So MGO was released on consoles, don't have PS+ so any console players, what's the verdict?

and lmao at the FOB Insurance. "Pay us real money to give you back anything that gets stolen!!!"

Citizen

It's not up for download yet for some reason. The update happened, but no MGO yet.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked

A.B.A.P.

Citizen

So I spent a few hours in MGO yesterday. It's good fun, the matches are short and tight without feeling too short. I went Super Saiyan on these fools, and the Walker Gear makes you feel like such a badass

A.B.A.P.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

First impression of MGO is that the gameplay is generally fun just as the gameplay is in singleplayer. I'm suspicious of the customization options and leveling up process though. It looks like it's geared towards grinding and micro transactions with options to spend points to unlock things and likewise spend real money to buy more points. This is mainly for customization, I haven't seen where you can spend money to level up, so it doesn't necessarily affect game play, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    So I spent a few hours in MGO yesterday. It's good fun, the matches are short and tight without feeling too short. I went Super Saiyan on these fools, and the Walker Gear makes you feel like such a badass
    Park walker gear under bridge, allies cover your back, become god of battle. They actually go down pretty quick but most people are really scared of them.

I'm enjoying it well enough but it can be very frustrating at times.
    It's a lot faster paced and small feeling compared to how I remember the last MGO, much more frenetic and less methodical. Maps feel smaller and there are only four of them, not only that but most games seem to run the smaller versions of the maps too. It's rather clunky on the melee stuff. The lag is limitless, I mean getting gunned down by corpses the entire game locks for a few when someone exits kinda bad. A player hosts and if he quits, game over, everyone is booted and you lose all your points. I don't see why they went with classes instead of the old method of leveling up abilities by using them either. And the spawn system is terrible. The amount of immortals spawning in on their friends, post death, to kill me is astounded. Bases are static team aligned so if you push forward the enemy can spawn right on top of you, immortal for a few seconds.
    Even the customization feels weaker than in the previous iteration. I don't mind grinding out for nice gear but there just isn't much there.

In short. It needs work.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Hmmm... Sounds like they had good reasons for the delay then. Hopefully they can adress those issues by the time it comes out for the PC too, and not introduce more problems with it.

It does look pretty fun. Can you unlock everything with gameplay, or is some content locked behind pay-wall? Is it pay for faster progression, or something else?