Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Urbes et Administratio - Attila Building Overhaul

Default Re: Urbes et Administratio - Attila Building Overhaul

does this help AI WRE/ERE last a little longer? sick of my campaigns having no romans by 405ad.

It does, a little. It reduces corruption, so the Romans have a larger starting income. Also, the Romans have the biggest garrisons in this mod, so they should survive a little better.

Also... has anyone who owns the new DLC tried this mod since then? Specifically, the startpos versions. I don't actually own the DLC, and I just want to make sure everything works.

Works nicely for me. Thanks for your great work.

Quote Originally Posted by creekside View Post
    does this help AI WRE/ERE last a little longer? sick of my campaigns having no romans by 405ad.
    In my last two games both the WRE and ERE have not just lasted, but are in the top five in power ratings. However, I am using Better Aggressive CAI, so that may help as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Also... has anyone who owns the new DLC tried this mod since then? Specifically, the startpos versions. I don't actually own the DLC, and I just want to make sure everything works.
    Seems to be working fine for my Himyar game.

Okay, good to know it's working. Thanks guys!

Oh, and let me know how the Ma'rib Dam plays, if you're doing Himyar. Does the fertility boosting effect need to be increased/decreased (I mostly mean the startpos versions, but the basic one too I guess)?

I'm around 425, so after the second climate change, and the fertility for Arabia Felix is "Above Average." Is that where it's supposed to be?

Yeah, I just mean balance-wise, since the dam adds +5 fertility, when there are 10 levels instead of 5 total. Just wondering if it needs to be adjusted for that.

Not bad ^^

Updated... and removed the corruption reduction, since CA has made a very similar reduction themselves, so it's not necessary in the mod any longer.

I've left the Charlemagne buildings alone for now, since the building system is somewhat different in Charlemagne. I might get to it eventually, but it's not a priority and it might be okay as-is. Some interesting new effects in the Charlemagne building tables though. Might work those into EP.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Updated... and removed the corruption reduction, since CA has made a very similar reduction themselves, so it's not necessary in the mod any longer.

I've left the Charlemagne buildings alone for now, since the building system is somewhat different in Charlemagne. I might get to it eventually, but it's not a priority and it might be okay as-is. Some interesting new effects in the Charlemagne building tables though. Might work those into EP.
    I've played 2 short campaigns in Charlemagne one as the Danes the other Cordoba one major problem is AI is constantly dealing with rebellions and everytime a major empire rises usally the Franks they end with dealing with multiple seperatists rising as well. Could there be a away to give bonuses to AI building to prevent this? Also I'm still trying to figure out if war weariness may have something do with it.

I think this was an issue in the main Attila campaign as well. Separatists and rebels are generally very common. Part of it is because in Attila (unlike Rome 2), AI factions can and do have civil wars. I guess the AI just can't manage their politics to really prevent it, so you get AI factions with civil wars all the time. As far as rebellions, what can be done is to give the AI a public order bonus to make those less common. Of course, it also makes player actions like raiding less useful. And maybe that war weariness mechanic does affect the AI even more, since they're not great at making peace, and might stay in wars for quite a while. Maybe I'll do something about it, but it'll be in my bigger overhaul mod, Europa Perdita. This mod mostly just changes the buildings and economic balance (and is included in EP as well, with some more interesting changes).

EDIT: Quick update to the startpos versions. Fixed text for fertility levels.
    Last edited by Augustusng; December 12, 2015 at 09:13 AM.

I have an idea: Put a few paygan band on the agricultural buildings of Sassanid Empire?

Why? The Sassanids already have enormous garrisons in this mod from their main city buildings.

I believed the paygans majority are farmers in history. If there aren't farms there aren't farmers in theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius_III View Post
    I believed the paygans majority are farmers in history. If there aren't farms there aren't farmers in theory.
    Okay, that's not a bad idea, but I'd have to do something like it for other factions... and it would make the main city buildings less useful if I spread out the garrisons among the other buildings. Right now in this mod, the main city buildings are mostly useful because they give you garrison units. I'd be worried about spreading those out to other buildings, since the main city might not be worth upgrading in that case.

Civis

I decided to try this mod but don't know if it's compatible with Fall of The Eagles. FoTE doesn't change buildings, I think, and the MM doesn't report anything about conflicts so they will hopefully work well together. Should UeA be loaded before FoTE or is it ok to load it after?

First of all, UeA is not yet updated for the new patch. It will be in a few days or so, but currently it will probably make your game crash. Once I update it, UeA will be mostly compatible with FotE. The only issue will be garrisons, so you may want to delete the building_level_armed_citizenry_junctions table from UeA to use it with FotE. Alternately, I would recommend you try the bigger overhaul mod I'm working on, Europa Perdita, which includes a specifically FotE-compatible version... however, that's not updated for the new patch yet either. That one will take longer to update though, as it's more involved than UeA. As far as load order, it's probably better if FotE loads first, actually.

Updated for the Slavic Nations DLC. Barring any small fixes or unforeseen future DLC/patches, this will likely be the last update for this mod. It will continue to be updated in a more involved way as part of the larger overhaul mod I'm working on, Europa Perdita. In EP, I've already changed some building effects that aren't reflected here. This mod is smaller and compatible with more mods, generally, but the larger overhaul mod lets me do more interesting things, and it's easier to just keep EP updated than all the different versions of this mod as well. Of course, once it becomes necessary, I guess there will be different TPY submods for EP anyway...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234