Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: THE LAST CHANCE for Res Gestae

Default THE LAST CHANCE for Res Gestae

Well, first of all sorry for my bad english this is not my first language.
    This time this is the last chance for res Gestae. Prof have been kind enough to give me all his files about the mod.
    I'm a crap in modding i'm only a beta tester. I NEED HELP. I want to finish Res Gestae in in simple way (no too complicated stuff), with a general skin pack. COULD YOU HELP ME?
    I need a skinner/3D modeler, and a coder. person motivated and with time!
    I want to release the mod the earlier possible for the community.

I made all my possible to don't let this mod died now it's up to you!

Give me you're proposition and i will e-mail you personaly, thank's.

ULTOR
    JUPITER OPTIMUS MAXIMUS VICTOR

Default Re: THE LAST CHANCE for Res Gestae

Hey man go spread this on the general mod board . The board here is sadly dead . Post this plus a a link to a couple faction previews . This will get you help easily .

KALI's Avatar Senator

I should be able to do some skinning or re-skinning but unfortunately i can't model.
    I came, I saw, I went away again.

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

Just curious, what units are missing or lost? I thought most of them only needed new unit cards?
    It would be very kind of you to release them.

Numide and sarmate are lost.

Ultor? You mean only the Numidian and sarmatian skins are missing? so the others still exist?

Numide and sarmate are lost.
    Then I belive it would be wiser to release the ones you have first and later in
    an addon or pack the rest, also because of the quality of Prometheus skins it would be
    hard to match them.

If you need some help with unitcards and/or unit previews i think i can help.

Cheers.

PS. Do you have permision to release them?
    Last edited by Cromagnon2; November 15, 2006 at 12:09 PM.

Thank's you so much Cromagnon2 i will E-mail you this wek-end and we could start the work. So congratulation you're the first!
    We still need a 3Dmodeler/skinner for missing unit and a coder to implement them. Please this his the last chance to release Res Gestae!

I would be glad to help, i have send you a PM.

If I understand correctly what you just said, you have all the skins and you just lack the Numidan/ Sauromatae ones, right?
    Go Minerwars Go! A 6DOF game of space mining and shooting. SAKA Co-FC, Koinon Hellenon FC, Epeiros FC. RS Hellenistic Historian K.I.S.S.

Are you going to just release as a skin pack or add in things like the map and the usual collection of mods like the SkyMod, 4TPY, etc? If just the skins, it'd be great if these skins could then be put into one of the other good mods out there.

"If I understand correctly what you just said, you have all the skins and you just lack the Numidan/ Sauromatae ones, right?"

Yes it is. Some improvment have to be done for some faction.

"Are you going to just release as a skin pack or add in things like the map and the usual collection of mods like the SkyMod, 4TPY, etc? If just the skins, it'd be great if these skins could then be put into one of the other good mods out there."

My purpose is to give to the community the wonderfull work of prometheus. So the best way for that is to include them in a mod. So that why i need help. I have to talk with the team to determinate if we can work on the base of the first release of res gestae or on a new one.

@Ultor

I don't want be misunderstood, so first i mean to say that you done a great work taking on your shoulders the heavy burden to complete/realase one of the most waited mods.

But maybe the idea of try to complete the mod as you said in your last post is an high risk path.
    As everyone knows MTW2 is yet in stores in whole Europe and is arriving in America, few RTW mod teams are still in activity and is probable that in one-two months the general attention will be all on MTW2.
    Personally i deeply prefer the ancient timeline but the new stuff in MTW2 is interesting, even if seems being only a general graphic improvement, (high polys models, different model elements in the same army etc.).
    A couple of dayz ago i saw MTW2 in a store; i've not brought it cause i need first to change my videocard and expand ram and in this moment i've not time to seek for the right card, buy it, open the comp, change, test etc.. but obviously i will do it in next weeks.
    probably a lot of people is in the same position, is waiting for the new game or updating his machine for it.
    What i mean is that the moment to realase the Res Gestae stuff is now, not when the mod will be completed.
    I was in a mod team somewherelse and i perfectly know how stressing is working hard in freetime and reading people asking "is done?" "when will be completed?" etc. I know too that the apparently simplest and fast things to do, like scripts polishing, assembling etc are at last surely simple but not fast.
    So, if a team is trying to do the last effort for the last (or first) realase like Chivalry, Casus Belli etc. is a thing, if the attempt is to build a team to start/restart a project is another.
    Starting a work on files manipulated by someonelse can be a big difficult; nothing too hard but for example i perfectly know where are the hidden resources i've created, how is the techtree i've done, what is bugged and what not, what is temporary etc. if someonelse start to work on my files needs first to understand what is changed and what not in that chaos, and than can start the real work; not impossible, but requires more time than one can suppose.
    Maybe between six months we'll all be unsatisfied by MTW2 and come back to the good old RTW, or a lot of people will continue to play RTW and related mods cause the MTW2 system specs, but facing the reality, actually the RTW lifetime can be considered near to end.
    Maybe the better thing is realase the Res Gestae material as skin/models pack now, as is, even if incomplete and/or bugged, letting to people the opportunity to play and use it or /complete/adjust/fix, instead than building a team and working hard for a semi-completed or completed mod between two months...when all this excellent stuff will be doomed to an almost sure anonym and very short life.
    Almost surely all the people interested in antiquity will prefer the incoming MTW2 antiquity mods over a RTW one, even if it have the Prometheus work inside; try only to think how cool can be a barbarian warband having not clone models...
    Realasing all now maybe means a short life, but a life.

Anyway, i don't want discourage goodwill people, just express my opinion.
    Personally i will download RG and other still alive RTW mods tomorrow or between six months with pleasure and interest.
    Good work.

KALI's Avatar Senator

I think most are aware that MTW2 is already overshadowing RTW,
    and if and when R2TW comes out, RTW will be redundant....maybe. But I've been playing M2TW for a couple of weeks now and I'm still playing RTR: PE. Whats more it still looks good. Ok its not as glamourous on the graphics side but its far from unplayable.
    So I think Res gestae has at least 6 months of potential life (and thats if a modding team could create an ancient mod for M2TW in such a short time...more likely given the increased detail in models and skins it would take a lot longer (think how long Res Gestaes been in the workshop))

How about merging with one of the other existing mods? There are other good mods out there that suffer from not such good skins.

I tried M2TW demo but dont like the fact that I cant play it with shadows on and huge unit sizes. It just doesnt look good enough for me. One needs an highend videocard for this. And upgrading my hardware now for a game while i can run RTW with 10.000 men in battle is a bit silly.

It would come out faster if people offered to help with coding/scripting.

First of all Virdis,
    thank's you for you're post. You're opinion is the same that mine. I'm totally agree with all that you say. Myself i was so devasted by the death or the time to accomplish so much mod. That's why we will try, with the help of an wonderfull person (yes it's you Cromagnon2, what a presure now!), to do something. The more simple possible, no complicated stuff, for the more quick release possible.
    Merging with another mod could be a really interesting thing. By the way if it is not possible to accomplish the first or the second option we will release the skin pack, no worry about that, BUT lot of here on the community are not able to do manually this kind of operation, i think.

Simplicity, velocity are the two word always on my mind.

KALI's Avatar Senator

Very pleased to see your sticking with it...btw my offer of re-skinning the units that lost there tga files is still on the table.....

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

i noticed that the barebone wars mod is a real fun mod gameplaywise.
    but that mod is using some vanilla skins, other skins i personally dont like a lot and (at least the barbarian factions) unit cards look chaotic/ugly too.
    i think the nice skins and unit cards from res geatae would really add a lot to the barebone wars mod. i know repman doesnt care bout appearance a lot and hasnt focused on that but that kind of work is done in res gestae.
    i personally would think that would be an awesome combination.

m2tw wont kill rtw soon i think. there are lots of people out there like me who cant play rtw on higest settings and even more people whose computers cant run m2tw at all or at an satisfying performance. so i think that rtw will still live and be played for at least 1 or 2 more years. and thats the time it will take too until decent finished mods for m2tw will be finished. i never played it but from what i ve heard its at least as crappy then the vanilla version of bi.

See my new suggestion in a newer post in this thread
    Last edited by Elrond; November 25, 2006 at 12:34 PM.
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast