Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgrades without replacement mod *Updated for Celts DLC Patch*

Decanus

Default Re: Upgrades without replacement mod

Nice! Going to use this w/ Kam's DEI combat 0.5 for a test run soon.

Sadly thid mod does not work well with kam`s due to the latter`s increased unit sizes.

OlbertPLZ- I don't think it will work swapping the mods. We both made very different changes. If you can get it to work without the other mod, my mod will work just fine with a vanilla save.

wrcromartie- juanplay is correct. Although this mod allows most unit stat changes from other mods to carry over for vanilla units, certain stats don't carry over. Most notably these are unit costs and unit size.

I've been trying to work out how to do this for R2, If you could you tell me what files you modded in Attila, to get the replaced units to be recruited after a upgrade, I can see if there available in R2 to mod it myself thanks in advance

This is compatible with CloseCombat?

Im using it and playing as Eastern Roman Empire, but I think I've noticed a small bug, because an unit called Equites Promoti are no longer recruitable, anywhere. Even though they used to be before.

Is it possible to edit this mod somehow so the AI will use all kinds of units? all-elite or all-low tier stacks are not realistic.

IPlayedEmpire - I'll look into it when I get back in front of my pc. I have not played ERE yet so I am sure that I just missed it. Thanks for your help.

Stalker33- I am sure that it is, and I know that other people have done similar in other mods. Doing that is outside the scope of this mod, and it will not be added in the future. The object of this mod is to provide the most simple/non-intrusive solution possible to the upgrade problem.

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayedEmpire View Post
    Im using it and playing as Eastern Roman Empire, but I think I've noticed a small bug, because an unit called Equites Promoti are no longer recruitable, anywhere. Even though they used to be before.
    As it turns out, I didn't make any changes to Equites Promoti. They do not upgrade to anything and as such are not part of this mod. What you are noting appears to be a bug introduced by Creative Assembly. They included the upgrade from Equites Dalmatae to Equites Promoti in the tech "Western Heavy Cavalry Tactics" for WRE but not in "Eastern Heavy Cavalry Tactics" for the ERE. You will either need to wait for them to fix this bug or mod it in yourself. (which would be very simple)

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayedEmpire View Post
    Disable the mod, spend 2 turns recruiting the unit and then enable the mod (i hope this can be done without a savegame problem)

compatible with celts pack? Was that even an update or just dlc for faction content

The Iron Chancellor's Avatar Civis

Hopefully masterofseuppuku can update his work for us! As Dresden said, this mod is quite well done and very much needed, in my opinion.

I've encountered a problem similar to other guys - after researching Imperial Transport Service as WRE, Comitatensis Spears suddenly became unrecruitable, telling me I need tech for it, while Western Auxilia Palatina is just fine.

I'll see if I can get to updating this in the next few days. Sorry of the delay. I have had other projects.

Oktobermensch - Good catch, Comitatensis Spears upgrade with different techs for WRE and ERE, and I missed that. It should be fixed in the new update.

New update posted in the OP
    Last edited by masterofseppuku; March 29, 2015 at 03:16 AM.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Thanks for the update, this mod is a must have.

Default Re: Upgrades without replacement mod *Updated for Celts DLC Patch*

Please can you update this mod for Radious/ Eour mod is best, but with Radious not work propertly

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast