Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgrades without replacement mod *Updated for Celts DLC Patch*

Default Upgrades without replacement mod *Updated for Celts DLC Patch*

*Updated for celts: Please report any bugs or questions in this thread*

This is another mod to address the upgrades replacing old cheaper units issue.

This mod duplicates your upgradable units and unlocks them once you research the next tier of units. It does not touch existing unit entries making it very compatible with most mods and patches. Since it doesn't touch vanilla units you can still upgrade your top tier units with tech unlocks.

The added lower tier units look and act identical to vanilla units except that they can't be upgraded, can't be merged with vanilla units, and don't link to the encyclopedia.

Garrisons are unaffected by this mod and the CAI will not use the new units. Instead they will recruit fully upgraded units only, just as they do in vanilla Attila.

This is a personal mod that I created for myself using only my own work. Since I think it can add value to the community, I have posted it here. I will attempt to keep this file up to date in this thread until the Steam Workshop for Attila is launched. On steam you will find it with my other small mods under username: Brosheezi

If you come across any bugs, please post them in this thread. Thanks.

_UwoR_Update2_1.zip
    Last edited by masterofseppuku; March 29, 2015 at 03:15 AM. Reason: file update

Default Re: Upgrades without replacement mod

thank you sir!

Thank you sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssso much !!!!!!!!
    You're my Hero !!!

Thank you sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssso much !!!!!!!!
    You're my Hero !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering if you would allow this mod to be used in Fall of the Eagles - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?680842

Of course credit and a link to the mod would be listed. We are working on properly removing the vanilla system but yours is quite well done and thorough.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

By all means, go for it.

Here is the update for the Long beards dlc and patch. I don't have forum permissions to edit my posts at this point, so please use this updated file.

_Upgrade_without_replacement_Update1.zip

Running the mod atm. Little confused. Am I supposed to be able to recruit both versions at the same time? I thought the non-upgradeable version was supposed to unlock with the next tier of technology? Atm it is impossible to tell which version is the deadend and which upgrades ;p

Osbot, which units are you able to recuit both versions of and which faction? If you can make the same unit in both forms then that is a small bug for me to fix. If what you see is what I think it is, certain units upgrade is some factions and not in others. (I.E., germanic war band) The copy of this unit needs to be removed from the faction's military permissions.

In the meantime you can tell the difference between the two by openning the encyclopedia. If it opens to a blank page, you have a duplicate.

Quote Originally Posted by masterofseppuku View Post
    Osbot, which units are you able to recuit both versions of and which faction? If you can make the same unit in both forms then that is a small bug for me to fix. If what you see is what I think it is, certain units upgrade is some factions and not in others. (I.E., germanic war band) The copy of this unit needs to be removed from the faction's military permissions.

In the meantime you can tell the difference between the two by openning the encyclopedia. If it opens to a blank page, you have a duplicate.
    It was Ostrogoths. It was if I can recall properly, every unit I had access too. So basically everything on the tech tree up to and including gothic warband.

I'll have a look. Thanks.

Very Thanks T^T You are Good Man!!

Osbot, I think I have it fixed. Thanks again for the feedback. It should be perfectly save compatible. If you recruited a "wrong" unit, it should still be there for you, but it will not merge.

Use the update in this post. Once I can edit posts I'll replace the main download.

_Upgrade_without_replacement_Update1_1.zip

really nice

just one question

Quote Originally Posted by masterofseppuku View Post

Garrisons are unaffected by this mod and the CAI will not use the new units. Instead they will recruit fully upgraded units only, just as they do in vanilla Attila.
    why not add cdir_military_generator_unit_qualities_tables so ai can choose low tier units too?

Three reasons really. 1) More work for me. 2) I don't know if it will help the AI much. 3) As a personal preference, I'd rather see fewer army stacks from the AI with better units

nice work!

no bugs found so far

i think its the best way to fix the replacement issue without screwing the garrisons and building_units_allowed

I play as the langobards and got some units twice displayed. One is greyed out and one is active (see my screen). Is this a bug?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bug.JPG  

OriginalFighter- This a known issue. It appears to be hard-coded, and will not be addressed by this mod. Luckily it has no effect on the function of the mod other than cluttering the recruitment box. These grayed out units arise when you have the building to recruit a unit, but you don't have the technology yet. Also the tech that you need has to be available for research. In your case. I assume that you have all of the prerequisite techs for "Defined Military Obligation", but lack the tech itself.

Here is a quick update for the mod. Fixed a few duplicated units. As before, this is still save compatible. If anyone finds anymore issues, please report. Thanks again.

_Upgrade_without_replacement_Update1_2.zip

Is it possible to switch from this mod -> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-unit-variety to your mod without the need to start a new game?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast