View Poll Results: What should be the main campaign for IB2?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • 410AD campaign

47 78.33%
  • Tetrach campaign

13 21.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll: What should IB2's main campaign be?

Default Poll: What should IB2's main campaign be?

There are two possible options for the main campaign for IB II (IB for M2TW):

410AD campaign - essentialy the BI campaign made for m2tw (only possible because hordes are in m2tw)

Tetrach campaign - A campaign which would start at the end of the 3rd century AD and focus on the 4 roman empires,
    it would include - 4 roman factions, the franks, the visigoths, the ostrogoths, and other factions.
    Last edited by Elrond; November 12, 2006 at 06:03 AM.
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

Default Re: Poll: What should IB2's main campaign be?

Definitely the 410AD campaign. Why should the best BI-Conversion restrict its very own flavour?

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

What about an Aurelian campaing set in 270ad. With three roman factions:
    1º WRE: Augustus: Aurelian. CAesar: Probus. Includes Thracia, Dacia, Noricum,Greece, Italy and North Africa.
    2º WRE usurpers: Gaul , Brittania and Spain.
    3º Palmyrians: ASia Minor, Judaea, Egypt and Palmyra.

Diego, from Argentina

thats being considered, but it would be instead of a tetrach campaign

410. Absolutely. After all, it's "Invasio Barbarorum"...

410 should be the main campaign. A tetrarch campaign would be interesting, but I'd almost rather see one focusing on Palmyra's rebellion.

DukeofSerbia's Avatar Decanus

Default 410 Ad

410 AD

I want again to see Slavs.
    United Soviet States of America
    form of government - financial dictatorship

Liberalism is a mental illness!

410 all the way, a desperate struggle for the WRE and ERE and the dawn of the dark ages.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

I like the 270 idea as well even though I voted for 410. Tetrach would end up as one massive roman orgy, I assume all four factions units would be basically similar. The 270 campaign would be a fresh era, with possibility of new types of units introduced.
    ________
    Zoloft lawsuit
    Last edited by MathiasOfAthens; May 10, 2011 at 11:55 PM.

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

unfortunately a 270AD mod would necessitate a very drastic change in skins for all factions yet again.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Yea you got a point there, it would just be a new mod in actuality. 410 then m8.
    ________
    NEXIUM LAWSUITES
    Last edited by MathiasOfAthens; May 10, 2011 at 11:56 PM.

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

or we could always go back and have campaign starting @ 401/2 that is first Alaric's invasion of Italy

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

410, definitively.
    owever, once we translate ALL to MTW2, we could, as well, have time to work on a new campaign. but it could be only a further work. too much must be done to get rtw stuff on MTW2. did you think, in fact, that roman cities should ave a "medieval" look? the romanesque middle-age building (that could be suitable to represente very late roman cities), i'm pretty sure, will be misteriously forgotten in MTW2, and we will have just gothic stuff. i say so because the english developers look on their own middle age - this is not an accuse or so, but a constatation - and find difficult to think to middle age in a way different from theirs. just as example, from ravenna to south you can hardly find some church in gothic style, and even you find it, is really different from the ones they build up in france, for instance.
    so, who is ready to change ALL the buildings set of 3d renders of MTW2 in RTW roman-style stuff? it's an hard work. nonetheless, it could be done hoping that "is the last work". if they have to made totally new skins, models and so on, search new infos, and definitively create another mod... there's a suicide will!
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

i would like to see the palmyrian too, but only if it is possible.

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

from this thread http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=72040
    Quote Originally Posted by alpaca
    However it also contains some bad news: We will apparently not be able to edit models in the near future. According to Iain, the meshes in M2TW are far from similar to the R:TW .cas files and have a much non-trivial layout. Inhowfar that applies to skinning will have to be seen.
    from CA posted by Prometheus
    Meshes & Textures
    The final area I wanted to talk about was the mesh/texture files used for soldier and siege engine models. These are a very different format to the CAS files with which Rome modders will be familiar. Currently, modders will not be able to edit or replace these files.
    This is because the format is optimised specifically for rendering. We made this decision to enable us to ramp up the level of detail of the battles while retaining a good level of performance. We are investigating options to allow the community to create their own mesh files.
    this doesn't bode well for total conversions in the near future. I am sure someone will sooner or later make a converter, but it seems CA won't be supporting that (they didn't in RTW, either).
    It is not the end of the possibility to do total conversions, mind you, it seems the community has more worlk cut out for us, though
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Actually, on reflection I think maybe before 410 is better, more like 400, or even start in 406, just before the Germanic tribes poured over the frozen Rhine. That seems to have been the final nail in the coffin. 410 might be a bit too late.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Quote Originally Posted by Mylae
    410, definitively.
    owever, once we translate ALL to MTW2, we could, as well, have time to work on a new campaign. but it could be only a further work. too much must be done to get rtw stuff on MTW2. did you think, in fact, that roman cities should ave a "medieval" look? the romanesque middle-age building (that could be suitable to represente very late roman cities), i'm pretty sure, will be misteriously forgotten in MTW2, and we will have just gothic stuff. i say so because the english developers look on their own middle age - this is not an accuse or so, but a constatation - and find difficult to think to middle age in a way different from theirs. just as example, from ravenna to south you can hardly find some church in gothic style, and even you find it, is really different from the ones they build up in france, for instance.
    so, who is ready to change ALL the buildings set of 3d renders of MTW2 in RTW roman-style stuff? it's an hard work. nonetheless, it could be done hoping that "is the last work". if they have to made totally new skins, models and so on, search new infos, and definitively create another mod... there's a suicide will!
    Well I haven't played MTW2 yet but couldn't we just use the Byzantine's buildings?(If they have any, mind you word of mouth is CA cut quite a few corners on this game. )
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

I am playing as the byzantines atm and there buildings arnt suitable to use, and yes CA has cut corners, the byzantines have two virtually identical medium to heavy infantry units and 1 type of spear unit and one miltia units, and the worst yet - there is no heavy cavalry,

Byzantine infantry (yes CA is that bad thinking up names) are quite good and i usaly use mercenries for cavalry, and i cant wait to conquer america with as the byzantines

They actually call them "Byzantine Infantry"? Good lord, have they learned nothing from the modders?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast