View Poll Results: What do you think about that ?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • So cool, we need that !

3 60.00%
  • Why not, we need to consider.

2 40.00%
  • Nah, we don't need that.

0 0%

Thread: [New potential game mechanics] Add an new emerging religion : Reformism

Default [New potential game mechanics] Add an new emerging religion : Reformism

A new idea poped up in my mind. I think that there is still space for an extra religion before reaching the hardcoded limit.

The idea was to add Reformism or Protestantism as new religion. No faction would start with this religion, but at some time in the game, the factions would be allowed to change their religion from Catholic to Reformism.

The good thing by doing that is that you wouldn’t need to follow the Pope anymore and do not risk an excomunication.

The side effect is that you are more likely to be attacked by other Catholics nations. This decision would cause unrest in the country as well for a limited period of time.

What do you guys think ? Let’s talk about it here about what should happen, how and when.

Also I don’t know if we need to script some factions adopting this religion since AI does not make a choice unlike a human player. I think of England becoming refomist for example at a certain point of time.

I don’t know if we should script religious convertion to certain European region even if the rulling country did not adopt the new religion.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [New potential game mechanics] Add an new emerging religion : Reformism

I like this idea. It means you can essentially "take revenge" for excommunication rather than copping a pointless public order penalty and the whole "going to the dark side" thing sounds cool.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Default Re: [New potential game mechanics] Add an new emerging religion : Reformism

Which nations controled by AI in your opinion should become reformists ?

What about England, Denmark and HRE ?

Treaper's Avatar Miles

I agree with these factions, since they really were somehow differenting themselves from Pope

AntonisTheGreek's Avatar Senator

That's not a bad idea.But let me tell you that the hardcoded limit for religions is 10.If you add that religion,you'll have space for 1 more religion.How are you going to make use of that religion slot?

If an extra religion it would need to have some gameplay interest.