Thread: Expensive buildings!

Default Expensive buildings!

This is my first time starting this mod, I've installed 2.3, 2.3.2, and the quickfix.

The buildings have crazy high costs, for example: 4000 for dirt roads. This is really annoying, is there anyway to fix this?

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: Expensive buildings!

There's nothing to fix, because nothing's broken. Expensive buildings are a part of BC gameplay design, so to speak, not a bug.

You can change the costs in export_descr_buildings.txt, though.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

So that means the buildings in this mod are expensive for historical immersion, right?

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

We just wanted to make the gameplay a bit more challenging. To make it "historically accurate" we would have to study medieval economy a bit, something for which we don't really have time.

Under the patronage of m_1512

I posted last year an alternative campaign AI that makes the very hard level harder and the easy and normal levels easier, both in terms of diplomacy and income. In that way it will be easier to afford the expensive buildings. I personally felt that the difficulty levels were too near each other and there were some complaints that the game was either too hard or too easy (not many of the latter).

Maybe that file would solve your problem. Extract the files into the mod, check that you get the directory structure right and backup the original files, so that you can go back to those when you want to.

Easy is for immersion, e.g. more realistic diplomacy, whereas hard and very hard are for a bigger challenge. It should be possible on easy difficulty, if you see that the Fatimids are about to lose Mecca and Medina, to strike a quick deal with them for an alliance or gain military access, so one can roleplay better and gain more immersion (feel more as if this is history in the remaking rather than just a computer game). At the harder levels making an alliance with an AI faction is probably impossible, or nearly impossible.