Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Attila Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Marriage Mod

Evening all, I thought I would ask in case I have overlooked an existing MOD...I am looking to change the way marriage works in Attila, and instead of a hit and hope approach to family members finding a wife or offering daughters to rival factions I thought about choosing from a list of available 'suitors'. It would be great to enable inter-family marriages also, so marrying within the family tree (cousins etc). Can anyone point me in the right direction to knocking this up?

Default (Request) Max loyalty mod

Hi, I've been looking for something like this for a while. Is there someone who can make a mod like this?

Thanks

Default Re: (Request) Max loyalty mod

In case what I wrote wasn't clear... I'm looking for a mod that keeps the loyalty of all family and char under my factions' influence at 10/10.

Default Updating mods

Hi, is there a way or someone who can update some of the outdated mods? If there's a way/tool to do it myself I'd love to know.

Thanks in advance

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

Default Any way to give cities/provinces to allies or vassels through diplomacy?

Wasn't sure here to post this, so any mod's can feel free to move this thread to where ever they feel appropriate!

As the title says really. I hate how in TW:A you can't give land to anyone except a horde faction, but even then it's only one province and you have to be allied.

Basically the inability to do so has more or less ruined my Askum play through as I planned to give my Egyptian vassal vasts tracks of Libya and Tunisia to keep the other African factions at bay while I conquered the middle east. But only after I have completely overstretched myself in Africa have I realized that there is no way to give away any of this land. I tried the not so wise tactic of letting the areas rebel and encouraging my Vassal to capture them, but that's a painstakingly slow process.

So has anyone made a mod that can bring back the good ol diplomacy options we used to have in previous TW titles or am I stuck with this sucky situation?

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Any way to give cities/provinces to allies or vassels through diplomacy?

Try the "all settlement capture options" mod on the Steam workshop. I haven't tried it, but perhaps it would give you the option to subjugate each settlement?

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

Default Re: Any way to give cities/provinces to allies or vassels through diplomacy?

Cheers for that! I think this is just the mod I was looking for!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...38580612&searc

Or as close to it as I can get I suppose!

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Recommend me a mod for Attila Total War

Hi,

I have Attila Total War running on steam with all DLC. I am happy with vanilla but I am looking for a better experience keeping the same period but improving the historical accuracy as much as possible. Is there any mod that improve the vanilla game? Could you recommend me one mod please?

Thank you in advance

Default Re: Recommend me a mod for Attila Total War

I think Fall of the Eagles (Fote) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-Eagles-(FotE) ( http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f.../?id=434826744 ) is what ur looking for. I played it together with Europa Perdita ( http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f.../?id=652522434 ), and it was quite enjoyable experience.
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

I took a look at Fall of the Eagles and looks amazing! Yes, this is what I was looking for. By the way, in which consists Europa Perdita?

Europa Pedita focuses on campaign changes - here u can find its description http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=652407518 or here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rrent-Features. Its compatible with Fote so u shouldn't have any issues with running these two mods together.
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Default Re: Attila Mod Recommendations & Queries!

guys do you know any mods that is compatible for TWA Celts Faction DLC? i tried some mod, sadly they crash but some are working just fine

Senator

Default Horde Penalties Mod?

Hey! i saw a mod a year or so ago that lessened or negated the horde effects when you group an army up together. Does anyone know of which mod i speak about? Thanks!

The Record of Lodoss War, The Mother of all Epic High Fantasy stories.

Default Tech tree extension? (Mod request)

Just picked up Atilla. Curious as to whether or not they're is any tech tree extensions that can maybe drag the campaign on another 200 years or so? I enjoy long campaigns, so just curious.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Acousticx View Post
    USA. We were very unprepared for a war .
    Yep, on D-Day in Iraq, we launched over 500,000 pikemen to capture the flag which Rome was holding. Didn't go so well for us but those Spartans didn't win by much with there muskets.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey Fresh Werewolf View Post
    Rome is not in Iraq...or did I miss something...

Default Looking for a non-Diplomacy Mod.

First off, truly sorry if there is a proper place to post these types of 'looking for x mod' type posts.

To be honest, I've played every single total war game ever made, and I've always loathed diplomacy in each one. I'm that guy that nearly always declines any and all offers the AI sends my way... In my game I often wish to view my leader as having a "kill all messengers on sight" policy...

I just get bothered by all their nagging, as in my games I'm here to fight and conquer, not have conversations of peace and alliances or trade talk.

There are plenty of diplomacy mods out there. Yet I've have no luck finding one that does what I'd prefer. I simple don't want to deal with 5+ AI diplomacy prompts between each turn.

For those still with me, and not dismissing this as a complete wacko request, is there any mod out there for Attila that at the very least prevents AI from prompting diplomacy with player during the AI's turn?

Default Re: Looking for a non-Diplomacy Mod.

Bleh, sloppy typos. I posted that hastily. Are there seriously no edit feature on these forums?

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Looking for a non-Diplomacy Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyding View Post
    Bleh, sloppy typos. I posted that hastily. Are there seriously no edit feature on these forums?
    Welcome to TWC, Tyding.

New members receive the ability to edit posts, once they have made a total of 25.

I'm no Attila expert, but I'm sure someone with a better idea of mods for the game will be along shortly to answer your question.

Default Re: Attila Mod Questions & Recommendations

is there any mod out there for Attila that at the very least prevents AI from prompting diplomacy with player during the AI's turn?
    Unfortunately not. Unmoddable, alas.

There are a few things you can do to make it more tolerable though. Firstly, turn off the speech sounds in your game preferences. You'll still hear battlefield chatter etc, but the AI diplomats will be silent and only a pop-up screen will interrupt you.

Secondly, the AI makes more requests the more money you have in your treasury, so spend your money. Change your strategy if you tend to rely on a big treasury. I also found haggling them down to a point where they reject your offer sometimes shuts them up for a while.

Lastly, for role-playing accept a few of their stupid requests. It will shut them up to a degree and when they inevitably break the non-aggression pacts and trade agreements, you have a casus belli and can attack them with a clear conscience.

Late response, thanks for the information despite the exact feature I was hunting for was not available.

So, I started to get into a fun camping, but as the turns added up, it felt as though the AI turns begun taking up more and more time. I'm familiar with the series, and know you have to wait awhile, but the wait times were becoming exceedingly worrysum, to the point I lost interest in playing.

Though I still have that TW itch, yet think the issue may have been with there being too many active AI factions.

Are there work arounds to combating long wait times such as limiting the amount of active AI factions in a campaign?

Oooh, I really want to edit. Haha, camping = campaign.

I'm not sure if its as big of a factor, but I certainly am not in favor of EVERY faction getting their own roaming horde labeled (separatist) - at least from a diplomatic sense. I mean, if they want to break off and do their own thing, ok. Yet it's annoying dealing with weak feeble civil war separatist asking for alliances when all they are doing is roaming/raiding. They aren't acting like a actual sovereign country because they don't plan to ever settle down, so why should they ask for treatment as one?

Again, unsure if they are taking up the majority of AI turn cycles, but it would be nice to limit the amount of these separatist if I can't handicap their diplomatic negotiations.