Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Attila Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default What mods do you use

Hi. I bought Attila a while ago. While vanilla game itself is great, mods are needed.

So what mods do you use and can recommend?

There also seems to be few rather impressive total conversion/make ups: better aggressive CAI, radious and fall of the eagles. What can you say about them?

Default Re: What mods do you use

Quote Originally Posted by Caladi View Post
    Hi. I bought Attila a while ago. While vanilla game itself is great, mods are needed.

There also seems to be few rather impressive total conversion/make ups: better aggressive CAI, radious and fall of the eagles. What can you say about them?
    Tuskmod is a very reasonable overhaul, I use that and some graphical and more agressive AI's mods. Radious is too arcadey for me and FOE is still very incomplete.

+1 Fertility
    Arian visigoths
    Better trait triggers
    Olympic battle&campaign camera
    AI colonizes burned world
    lower religion change requirement

There are a bunch of small mods which I occasionally try. I have not tried overhaul mods.

Yes, there are bunch of small mods but I dont know how well they will work together.

Like is there a mod that allows you to build temples other than your state religion?

Yes, there are bunch of small mods but I dont know how well they will work together.

Like is there a mod that allows you to build temples other than your state religion?
    Never heard of it. I mean, why? So you could change religion? They would just give you public order penalties. Just get mod that lowers that religion threshold.

Default Anciet empire total war

where can i download these mod, its soo cooolll mate!! i love the setting and art i love everything!! mate i hope you can guide me mate, is these ready for campaign setting or custome only i hope is has campaign in it i love to play these mod mate!!

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Anciet empire total war

What do you call a penguin in the desert?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...t-Empires-(AE)

Is this it?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Default Re: Attila Mod Questions & Recommendations

I am looking for a mod which improves the AI recruitment behavior.
    In Vanilla, the AI fails to build balanced armies because they need 3 military buildings to do so. (infantry, cavalry, siege workshop)

Quote Originally Posted by liquid'GG View Post
    I am looking for a mod which improves the AI recruitment behavior.
    In Vanilla, the AI fails to build balanced armies because they need 3 military buildings to do so. (infantry, cavalry, siege workshop)
    LGG,
    Have you tried using Swiss Halberdier's AUM mod? I don't know if it changes AI in Attilla but I know his AUM mod in Empire definitely changes AI recruiting behavior because he has open more units for recruiting.

Radious is a master modder! Also I recommend AUM mod by Swiss Halberdier.
    Last edited by Frunk; June 21, 2017 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Posts merged.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Default Tips for mod .... help !!!

Hello to all, you know how to advocate a mod for total war, which looks much like a game style at Divide et impera-Rome total war

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Tips for mod .... help !!!

Hi Welsh91, welcome to TWC.

What do you mean by "advocate"? Do you wish to learn how to create a mod, or are you requesting that somebody make one, or are you asking if one already exists?

Sorry for my english...I wanted to find out which mod for attila approaches the style of mod divide et impera.......

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

The mod Ancient Empires would be the closest I believe. They don't have a campaign yet however.

Are there any tutorials for how to give traits to characters in total war attila? I'm trying to create a custom faction but I have no idea which table(s) do I need to edit to give my faction leader (vanilla) traits in the assembly kit. Also, which table(s) is it that I can apply missions to the custom faction?

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Hi Alex647, you may be better off asking modding questions in the Workshop. This thread is more for "questions about mods".

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    Hi Alex647, you may be better off asking modding questions in the Workshop. This thread is more for "questions about mods".
    Oh, ok, thank you.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=929523366

Check this one out revealed by Celticus, though there are a lot of caveats. If a sklled modder picked this one up and finished it, it could be the definitive TLR mod as well as other cool scenarios.

It would be great if a modder could step up and implement his barbarian rosters into the campaign and maybe more. As a lot of you know, the modding scene for Attila is pretty skimp. Many mods got started and were abandoned, slowed to a crawl or were relatively low-footprint reskins or tweaks (no disrespect). This is a shame since the DLC released for Attila raises a lot of possibilities for cool scenario mods. Off the top of my head, TLR DLC map would be great for a Justinian Gothic War mod. It's kind of crazy to me that figures like Justinian, Belisarius & Charlemagne have gotten hardly any love on the mod scene (besides the type of content that I mentioned earlier). I know making worthwhile mods are a long, involved process, but damn.

Default does anyone have the Age of Britannia Mod?

As many of you know there was a fantastic mod on the workshop till mid last year that unlocked every faction in the British isles for age of Charlemagne.

then mysteriously disappeared being removed from the workshop. upsetting many of us

if ANYONE has these files give them to me and i will restore the mod with all the latest updates

Default I miss the M2:TW Deus Lo Vult Mod :)

hi folks,

i LOVED the "deus lo vult" mod for medieval 2: kingdoms mostly for the roleplaying aspect (educating your characters, their traits, carrer governor/general, ...). it let me build up "relationships" to my characters in the game. beside that, it also brought some great elements to the game - (character dependent recruiting, seasons, ... you name it! ).

by quickly browsing the attila mod forums i couldn't find a mod similar to "deus lo vult" for attila. did i miss something? which mod would you recommend to get a similar experience as in medieval 2: total war - deus lo vult?

thank you for your recommendations

regards,
    danny =)

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: I miss the M2:TW Deus Lo Vult Mod :)

I don't think the ATW engine allows for such experience. It has a very good battle system (even though some may prefer M2TW- me, I like both of them equally), but on characters and role playing you can't have it. Even mods like Europa Perdita with Fate of the Eagles cannot compensate on this front. Economy there might be interesting, even though completely unhistorical.
    It's why after the legendary WRE campaign I've moved back to play great M2TW mods like SSHIP and Broken Crescent. So these are the mods I recomend, perhaps with DLV itself (updated as late as 2015) or its continuation of sorts, Dawn of Conquest.
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!