Thread: The Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies Units

Foederatus

Default The Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies Units

When i saw the movie The Silvan Elves,Dwarves and Dale should get new units in a new patch.Although the Team is working on Silmarillion i hope someone could add those units.The Elves were so cool.Even though they weren't canon please add them...
    Although it will have many changes and i just can't wait.
    I think the elves Thranduil led were wearing leather armor.The elves who are elite wore mithril armor with no color.

Default Re: The Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies Units

Funny you should mention that. When I saw the movie, especially the massive dwarven clone armies at the actual battle towards the end of the film I remembered thinking along the lines of "wow, nice to see that they can only just barely keep up with the work of a ten year old mod"

A lot of the elven units already in the mod actually look fairly similar. The ones in the above .gif just happen to look more more the Galadhrim elves (in the mod) rather than those of Mirkwood.

Foederatus

I don't this so.Before the Hobbit the Modders don't even know what mirkwood looks like anyway.Also you cannot disagree with this anyway.In Lotr Mirkwood was not seen anyway.Noldor and Galadhrim armors where non canon also their weapons so i think Mirkwood should get this anyway.Also its just a single player mod anyway so i think we need this.The Elite Warriors of Mirkwood wear silver armor.
    Dwarves should get Pikemen than Halberdiers.Dain should get new model.Thranduil,Legolas,Galadriel,Elrond and Others should get new models.If this mod needs to be more popular we need this.Third Age don't even update anyway so we can beat them.

Foederatus

I dont think so*

Foederatus

Why is the gif similar to galadhrim elves? Lothlorien and Mirkwood Elves are Nandor anyway.Did you read the books? The Silvan Elves in BOTFA were mostly archers.

Foederatus

Last but not the least i find the mod very hard anyway for a single player mod.It needs a lot of changes.The Noldor in Second Age are recruitable in only 3 places and are long to train.It takes like 200+ turns to make most of them and Gondor attacks me overpowerly.Mirkwood needs this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerazim View Post
    I don't this so.Before the Hobbit the Modders don't even know what mirkwood looks like anyway.Also you cannot disagree with this anyway.In Lotr Mirkwood was not seen anyway.Noldor and Galadhrim armors where non canon also their weapons so i think Mirkwood should get this anyway.Also its just a single player mod anyway so i think we need this.The Elite Warriors of Mirkwood wear silver armor.
    Dwarves should get Pikemen than Halberdiers.Dain should get new model.Thranduil,Legolas,Galadriel,Elrond and Others should get new models.If this mod needs to be more popular we need this.Third Age don't even update anyway so we can beat them.
    Exactly, which makes the brilliant work they did on the initial models and mod even more impressive! I, for one, don't really think there'd be much to change or add in the current version of the mod (although a new Thranduil model and BG would be cool) given the high quality of what's in there already. In terms of elite elven units, have you seen the two that are in the attached images? I think they basically already look like what you're looking for.

Why is the gif similar to galadhrim elves? Lothlorien and Mirkwood Elves are Nandor anyway.Did you read the books? The Silvan Elves in BOTFA were mostly archers.
    As previous, have you seen the units in the attached pics in game? I feel like they're pretty much what you're looking for. Greenwood elves also have their own (green) equivalent of these elite archers in game but I didn't bother to make a pic of that one (also I think they're not recruitable in the stock v3.0 of the mod, but totally are in Dan's Campaign addon).

Last but not the least i find the mod very hard anyway for a single player mod.It needs a lot of changes.The Noldor in Second Age are recruitable in only 3 places and are long to train.It takes like 200+ turns to make most of them and Gondor attacks me overpowerly.Mirkwood needs this.
    I think part of the design philosophy of the mod was to make it challenging for the player. Once you figured out basic ways to fool the AI RTW tended to become fairly easy and just a process of capturing settlement after settlement until you'd won. LotRTW, while suffering some of the same conditions definitely manages to put of a much better fight.

I think you might like my sub-mod for the campaign though. I changed some of the AI coding and made it a little bit easier to get the Noldor to return, check it out.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tRTW-3-2-addon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ELF_MITHLOND_INFO.jpg   ELF_GALADHRIM2_INFO.jpg