Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Third Century Mod-"Desperatis Rebus: Delatum Paene Imperium Romanum" Desperatis Rebus: The Official shortened version!

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [WIP] Third Century Mod-"Desperatis Rebus: Delatum Paene Imperium Romanum" Desperatis Rebus: The Official shortened version!

Working now on reuniting the Roman World under one emperor and clearing up all traces of usurpation.

Quote Originally Posted by ceaser the small View Post
    can you post some pics of the romans?
    Unfortunately not for the moment. We started the project with a 3D artist dedicated to the task alas, this person is no more with us. Keep in mind the dilectus is open and will remain so. We can use all the help available. Be it a few apparition from times to times.

Default Re: [WIP] Third Century Mod-"Desperatis Rebus: Delatum Paene Imperium Romanum" Desperatis Rebus: The Official shortened version!

I hope this mod isn't dead.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

The Empire reunited :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And no ! This is not a picture from Blitzkrieg Kommando's mod available on the workshop

Next stage : the reconquest of the Empire territory.

Darinius's Avatar Foederatus

Thank you guys for all the time and hard work you've put into this mod so far. It'd be really great to be able to play a TW game set in this time period, as many others have said.

Thank you again!

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Keep it civil please.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Work is progressing well on most fronts, a few key members are needed to really complete a playable Alpha for us to test. But we are working on. ..

What we really require is a 3D modeller just part time to make few helmets
    Units makers, to help current team, there are many factions!
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; October 12, 2015 at 05:06 PM.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Campaign is covered mostly except for battles by me, Sassanids and Parthians too. For anyone wishing to create units I have already done some research.

Startpos file is done for the most part:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Of course generals will be changed, aswell as UI and faction icons if you're wondering why they we're using the anachronistic vanilla ones. (Of course as well as most other aspects of the game)

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

hows the mod going guys?

Well despite me being the only working member atm the progress last week has been great, i finished the startpos (except for a little problem with a minor factions family tree). I have done most of the economical system and almost the entire building system wich just needs tweaking. In some weeks when campaign is ready I will begin with units hopefully with someone other and then I will be posting pictures, but I don't think many care to see data tables or vanilla looking game with new numbers for income and such

Christianus's Avatar Miles

This is so exciting! Great work man!
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

This is looking really good! If I had experience with modding I would help out. I am familiar with the equipment of the Empire so I am 100% willing to help out with that sorta stuff.

Autaritus's Avatar Libertus

The startpos pics gave me the greatest eyeboner! Keep on the good work, people... We are many longing to play this mod.
    Any plan to create a special combat system for the mod? In my opinion, Attila's vanilla combat is unplayable, the worst of the whole TW saga.

I agree with combat, I hope we can get a dedicated member to that otherwise we will incorporate some other battle mod.
    Update otherwise: Building system 85% done, Startpos 90% done (Redone more historical), Politics (50% or so?), Tech 50%. Upcoming: Finish above enough for a beta, scripts (historical events, inflation + much more), units with balance and recruitment system.
    In future (by around Christmas): Implement unit graphics (much from cooperation with others), battle balancing (replacing a beta version).
    Meanwhile: Ui (will get back on this)

Release (depending on amount of others helping and their time): Early 2016

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

As i said to Mauritius Tiberios via pm some weeks ago, when you'll manage to complete the rosters (or when you want to release a beta) i'm ready to modify the combat system. Unfortunately i'm not able to help you with other aspects of the mod such as unit modeling, but i can help you with battle mechanics.

i've been away from twgames for a while now, but for this project i can make an exception
    Last edited by Cesco; November 21, 2015 at 11:58 AM.
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

Little update with pics from the campaign (the only update thus far that can be visualy shown, but now units are began and also campaign map will soon be interesting to showcase with new icons and colours).

(note this is only for the campaign map at the moment, I would love to do battle maps as well)
    SO I decided the ugly Roman dirt cities of Attila were inapropiate for this period, where the Roman Empires cities still haven't began their decline at the games start. I switched out most assets for them with marble Rome II ones, but especially minor cities still have some of the attila wood buildings in them to show the start of their decline. Still i'm on the edge about removing them completely.

imgs

I was hoping it would be possible to do that. I never liked the dirty WRE cities, looked too barbarian for me. Never seemed right having barbarian huts in Spain, Italy or Africa. Really good work keep it up.

The city reskins look ineffable. I can't wait to play this! I've always loved your mods, Linke!

What about the buildings in the tactical map? The western empire cities seem all pretty run down, while at least some of the byzantine ones look kinda OK if I am not mistaken, could the latter be used ?

Autaritus's Avatar Libertus

I really hope this mod is not dead...

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

Me too. This precise period is what I've wanted for such a long time. The 3rd Century was right between two reasonably(ish) consistent periods in terms of equipping the Legions so alot of units will be needed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast