Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Third Century Mod-"Desperatis Rebus: Delatum Paene Imperium Romanum" Desperatis Rebus: The Official shortened version!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default [WIP] Third Century Mod-"Desperatis Rebus: Delatum Paene Imperium Romanum" Desperatis Rebus: The Official shortened version!

Desperatis Rebus

The Severan dynasty, or as Septimius would have us believe a continuation of the Antonine dynasty. Septimius marks the last stable ruler for quite some time, though a period of crisis is a modern invention and not something that Greco Roman sources were aware of or wrote about.

The Mod
    The mod will attempt to create the historical situation at the time that Septimius Severus breaks with his Caesar- Clodius Albinus, by promoting his own son to the rank of Caesar as posterity has come to know as Caracalla! This naturally creates the last of Septimius civil wars, as Albinus declares himself Augustus in Britannia and Gaul.

The period of Crisis, this cannot be forced on the AI or the player, but the Attila mechanics I believe can be made to increase the chances of revolts with ineffectual emperors on the throne. The family tree (I think?) can be made to have the Severan family ineffectual therefore increasing changes of revolts. A system will then be devised to replicate armies propelling their general to the purple...I hope.

With regards to Parthia a weak Parthia will start with an increasingly powerful Sassanid dynasty as a puppet state, with a hatred of its master. It will not be long before they rebel and take over the reigns of power.

Ahistorical factions for example Huns will have to go..
    Germanic confederations and tribes will get their deserved treatment also and be as historical as sources allow

Volagases VI
    208-228 AD Brother to Artabanos IV, who was defeated and killed in 224 AD when the Parthian kingdom was ended.

Sapor tramples the defeated Gordian III, although Roman sources mention no such defeat!
    The Sassanid dynasty brought stability and military glory to the Iranian peoples after a period of defeats and humiliation at the hands of the Romans. Although it is often assumed in our Greco-Roman focused sources that the Sassanids were focused on the west, but this was far from the case.

Recruitment

Ask inside for details
    TEAM;
    Μαυρίκιος Τιβέριος Historical,/archaeological research, unit advice, dB editing
    Anna_Gein historian dB editing
    Naddum Parthian, Sassanid (Iranian,/eastern cutural adviser and historian
    Tomysvk,Christianus historian

Pleased to announce we have new members:
    Lucilla historian, I am sure many of you will have read Lucille's essays on Roman imperial woman, if not, do so now!
    KLA will not only bring his historical knowledge but his artistic talents too, so hope to see some great Parthian horseman !!
    Cesco a battle mechanics expert on board now and
    *** RoYaL sPaRtAn GuArD *** brings his unique talents to the mod!
    Happy to say we have three new members in last couple of days, I will just mention their names and let them drop by and introduce themselves! Its an honour to welcome, 'The Germans are coming' and 'Dicer' and XIIICaesar

Help with stuff and historical help. I am predominately an historian and an archaeologist by trade.. But I am trying to learn all the modelling skinning stuff

Still Recruiting!! Please PM if you fit the profile.. What we really need is:
    another unit maker - particularly someone interested in Arsacid and Sassanid dynasties and/or Germanic confederations/tribes, also Sarmations
    Someone to guide and help with ....

DB :
    to add units
    to add new technologies and techtrees
    to add new buildings and building chains
    to edit startpos

3D artists could have to create :
    Campaign building models - replace things like churches with secular basilicas etc
    Equipments
    Engine models
    Unit models
    Thank you for your time.

Coming in the near future, a brief historical outline and a unit teaser!
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; October 12, 2015 at 05:04 PM. Reason: name change.

Default Re: [Proposal] Third Century Mod- name to be confirmed

Reserved

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Well you have my moral support!!

If you need any historical help, don't hestitate to ask me!
    What are you going to do with Pescenius Niger?
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Well I had thought to start with the elevation of Caracalla as Caesar, which would mean Niger would already be dead. It just makes it easier to develop family tree, or so I hope. Only time and the tools will tell.

That time is often called the 'Age of Crisis.' That could be the name.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I want this mod!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patricius View Post
    That time is often called the 'Age of Crisis.' That could be the name.
    Very true and a possibility, but as I mentioned the Romans did not see it as a period of crisis and it was something of a revival for the Iranian peoples, so perhaps a name that reflects this? Maybe a good old poll, when we have an internal shortlist. I don't want to act Imperial

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Davout View Post
    I want this mod!!
    Very glad you think so, to have the interest of a Marshall of France is quite an achievement

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Hi people. Just passing by to let you know I am with Gaius Antiochos Philopappos on this project. So far I shall mostly deal with db editing. Well once I finally have my hands on Attila .

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Maybe an idea would be to have some kind of co-operation With the Invasio Barbarorum team? Im sure there would be People there also who would be supporters of this mod.
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

naddum's Avatar Libertus

Excellent idea, and a fascinating time period. The Arsacids should have the Sasanians (in Stakhr), Qaren (in Dihistan), and Suren (in Sistan) as their main vassals. Hatraenes should also be a vassal. It is an shame the ATW map doesn't go further into Central Asia. I am happy to help with descriptions and research for Iranian factions, although I can't actually mod.
    Eran ud Turan - recreating the Iranian, Indian, and Central Asian worlds of late antiquity:
    https://www.facebook.com/eranudturan

Quote Originally Posted by naddum View Post
    Excellent idea, and a fascinating time period. The Arsacids should have the Sasanians (in Stakhr), Qaren (in Dihistan), and Suren (in Sistan) as their main vassals. Hatraenes should also be a vassal. It is an shame the ATW map doesn't go further into Central Asia. I am happy to help with descriptions and research for Iranian factions, although I can't actually mod.
    That would be brilliant, thank you. It is a shame the map does not go further east.

Looks awesome cant wait to see more details

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

I'm on this project too, i will help with battle balancing and mechanics
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

A pleasure to have you on board, beginning to get a nice team together now

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Greetings, I already promised to join the team. I can help with research and with reference pictures I´m looking forward to help, I reaaly like this time period for years!

There is another mod working with the year 193 (most probably). The time right after the fall of Commodus, and the beginning of the decline and fall of The Roman Empire. Assume you know about It, but just In case I mention It since Its similar...
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

Yes I know all about it, I spoken to its founder numerous times
    About decline and fall, have you been reading Gibbon? The empire weathered massive catastrophic series of plagues, invasions, civil wars yet still came out stable and continued for several hundred years in the west!
    Not to mention the east

Alright about Gibbon, I agree. But It certanly was the beginning of the fall of what at least i would call the Classical Pagan Roman Empire. The fall of the middle class citizenry, the "republican" structure developed by Augustus, going over from classical religion towards mystry cults on a grand scale like Mithras, Christianity, Sol Invictus. And for a Total War mod; The decline of the classical Roman legions (No more lorica Segmentata ) ! Do you agree?
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

Interresting project my friend. I can help with sources and Roman, German, Sassanian armies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Antiochus Philopappos View Post
    Yes I know all about it, I spoken to its founder numerous times
    About decline and fall, have you been reading Gibbon? The empire weathered massive catastrophic series of plagues, invasions, civil wars yet still came out stable and continued for several hundred years in the west!
    Not to mention the east
    Try not to use Gibbon work as the main source in reconstructing the third century. There have been quite a large number of works that thoroughly revise our understanding of the Roman Empire since Gibbon finished his work.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast