Thread: The Sons of Mars - A Roman Juilli AAR

Default The Sons of Mars - A Roman Juilli AAR

Author's Note: Before I begin I want to say that this is a "test" AAR. I'm probably only going to carry this through the opening moves of a Juilli campaign which ends with the taking of Segesta, Mediolanium and Patavium. If everyone likes it, I'll keep going but this is just to see if I have any skill before I start the main one I'm planning as the Britons. Also, about the format and language used... I'm just going to use modern day names, since I always found it odd that people always threw in one or two Latin phrases and everything else was in English. Also, I'm not going to go into great detail with diplomatic information, unless a diplomat is talking to my character directly. Anyway,enough out of me. Enjoy!

Prolouge: The Sons of Mars

My name is Quintus Julius, second son of the patriarch of the Juilli Roman House, Flavius Julus, brother to Lucius Julius and Vibius Julius. Our family is very wealthy and we are very fortunate that the Senate and People of Rome have allowed us to hold several Italian cities,most noteably Arretium and Arminum, where my eldest brother, Lucius, and my father, Flavius, rule as governors respectively. These cities are of great importance to the survival of Rome as they are the last line of defense against the unwashed hordes of Gual. Other powerful Roman families control cities in Italy, but the Brutti border the Adriatic Sea and the Scippi have their best holdings on Sicily. And neither of them face a foe like the ones we do.

It is because of these foes that the Senate and People of Rome have allowed us to raise an army and build a strong frontier to keep, quite literally, the barbarians from the gates. As I mentioned my father and brother have taken posts as governors of our Italian holdings and I was given command of our army. The Senate assigned us a small force and the rest were recruited from our own cities.Only Arretium had any facilities to arm and train proper soldiers but my brother promised to improve our facilities over the next few seasons and claimed that in a few short years we would be able to field an army to shake the foundations of the world.

This wasn't to say we didn't have a formidable army already. We had six units of Hastati, a unit of Velities and Archers, one each, and a unit of elite Triarii spear men, not to mention Vibius and I's cavalry bodyguard. Over 1500 men were fighting under the Juilli banner and with those 1500 men, Vibius and I were going to begin a conquest that would change the shape of the world. It was to begin in the town of Segesta.

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Sons of Mars - A Roman Juilli AAR

Looking good Sabinus please do continue!
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.