Thread: How to add a few more castles to the campaign (yes, what you read)

Default How to add a few more castles to the campaign (yes, what you read)

Ok this is something very simple, the game have a limited quantity of slots for campaign castle battle maps which is annoying. But the game have lvls 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 with 7 varieties, plus Kyoto and Kyoto lvl 6. Here is the key! Sengoku campaign use lvls 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 and FoTS use 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You may be wondering what this means. This means that both campaigns have 7 free maps plus one Kyoto. So how could be this used? Well here the method:

For Sengoku
    1-Data.pack/campaign_maps/sho_japan/template_maps.xml
    There you have system of coordinates that indicates what map do you play depending on the location. If you find wich coordinate that indicate you castle (it takes time but it's possible) you can tell the game which map do you want to fight there.

2-New building
    You have to create a new building. In this case the building have to be lvl 5 in building tables. Do not use building upgrades tables so you cannot reach this building

3_Startpos.esf
    Go to your province and change you castle slot with the new building

4- Battleterrain/presets/castle_xxxxx_level_06
    Change the files with the new ones for your battle map

5- Enjoy you new in game map

This is only one of the options you have! For example, let's say i want to make a militar and economic focus. Then you can start with lvl 1 and upgrade to lvl 3 (then lvl 5) or go to lvl 2 (then lvl 4). Then you can have different castles using the different lvls. Other option is to make totally different castle lines. Example, lvl 1 3 and 5 and other lvl 2 4 and 6. Proper use of building lvls and startpos allow diferent options.

Some math here:

Ns= Number of splited castles with 2 branches (like the militar and economic focus)
    Nnc= Number of no conected castles like the lvl 1 3 5 and lvl 2 4 6
    Nu= Number of unic casltes
    Na= Number of castles with the current use

Na*6+Nu*2=Current state and limit=6*7+2*2=46

46=Na*6+Nnc*6+Nu+Ns*5

Current variety of maps=Na+Nu=8

New vaierty of maps=Na+Nu+Nnc*2+Ns*2

So if you use all splited you have 9 unic and 14 varieties of maps. Wide more than 8.

NOTES: If you have no templates coordinates the map by default is plane castle. This is a problem with expanded sice we have no the coordinates for new castles. We should request them to uanime5

I tested this, it works (at least in sengoku)

I'm looking for some ted editors! It's to much just for me

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Default Re: How to add a few more castles to the campaign (yes, what you read)

I am a little confused...

So if I do this:
    4- Battleterrain/presets/castle_xxxxx_level_06
    Change the files with the new ones for your battle map

...does that mean that I have only 1 castle level for that region since I only created 1 custom castle?

And if I am creating a custom castle at level 05, why would I change the level_06 Battleterrain preset?

Default Re: How to add a few more castles to the campaign (yes, what you read)

The best way to understand it is to check an example like what i did in my mod. lvl 1 2 4 5 are for standar castles. Lvl 3 and 6 for special castles. Those special castles are limited by a custom building. So then you have this extra unic places.