Thread: Game doesn't work

Icon4 Game doesn't work

After downloading DLV 6.0, then 6.2 then the BB 4.36 sub-mod, the mod will not work. DLV goes to full screen for about three seconds before abruptly closing out. There is not even an error message being displayed. I've tried to download this seemingly fun mod several times and always seem to run into problems; is it worth the trouble? And if it is, does anybody have any solutions to this issue?

Default Re: Game doesn't work

Full DLV:BB4.35:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-lo-vu...nced-v435-full

Update to DLV:BB4.36 from 4.3 or later:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-lo-vu...ed-v436-update

If you experience problems with CTDs which cannot be reproduced:

1) Disable UAC (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-7)

2) Install M2TW to it's own folder e.g. c:\M2

If you already installed it then you can probably just copy (or drag/move) the game folder into the root and rename it 'm2' - Seems to work fine for me.

3) Take ownership of the c:\M2 folder and it's subfolders

To take ownership of a file or folder
    --1 Open Windows Explorer, and then locate the file or folder you want to take ownership of.
    --2 Right-click the file or folder, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.
    --3 Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
    --4 Click Edit, and then in the Change owner to box, click your user name.
    --5 To change the owner of all subcontainers and objects within the tree, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.

(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/l.../cc753659.aspx)

4) Extract the contents of DLVBBv4.35.exe to your game folder (e.g. c:\m2)

5) If required extract the contents of the update to C:\M2\mods\dlv_ext
    From the first post of BB4.36. Have you followed the instructions? I agree that disabling UAC is not critical, but you must make sure you downloaded the right files and installed them in correct order and into correct directories. You only need to install the two files in the links above in the given order. The BB4.35 full includes DLV in it (installing DLV 6.2 NOT required). Then make sure BB4.36 is working. Only then go ahead to install cosmetic features of Western Unit Overhaul.

Sandy

I've done it down to the letter every time and I always come across problems. Yesterday I was able to get to the faction selection screen, but trying to start a campaign resulted in the game closing out, again, without an error message.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

you don´t need to download and install dlv 6.0 + 6.2

just download BB4.35 (standalone) and update 4.36 and maybe ontop GeMINI][Sandy´s unitpack 4.0
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; February 28, 2015 at 10:27 AM.

Alright, so when I do move M2TW to its own folder, will it affect the other mods I have installed? I didn't think that was the case last time but now I'm unsure.

Yeah I follow those directions to the letter and have installed uninstalled and reinstalled four or five times. I always get crashes after a few turns. Stupid stupid steam. I was wondering if anyone still plays off a hard copy of the game and if so do you have the same problems. I think i have a hard copy of M2TW somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by chemboya View Post
    Yeah I follow those directions to the letter and have installed uninstalled and reinstalled four or five times. I always get crashes after a few turns. Stupid stupid steam. I was wondering if anyone still plays off a hard copy of the game and if so do you have the same problems. I think i have a hard copy of M2TW somewhere...
    Thank you for this post.