Thread: the game is runnin at a higher resolution

Default the game is runnin at a higher resolution

than windows is currently runnin on. so the screen is kinda cut since the picture is too big an so runs off screen. my specs:

athlon x2 dualcore
    7600gs nvidia
    1.5GB RAM

my video card is connected to my lcd hdtv tv screen through hd components and my video card settings is set on 720p. my screen resolution is 1200x68#. the game wants to run at 13## x 768 which makes the picture run offscreen. wen ingame, only two resolutions are under the video options. the 13## x 768 and 16## x ###. those two are too big for my screen's resolution(well atleast for windows). the only way i can play the game at the 13## x 768 resolution is if i change the 720p to 1080i. wen i change that and i go into the video options ingame, i see all these resolution options now. wth is goin on?? i had this problem with the gold demo too. i hate havin to switch everything to 1080i and bacc juss for a game. please help! thank you

Default Re: the game is runnin at a higher resolution

So you can't choose the correct resolution in the game, correct?
    Go into your MTW2 folder and open the preferences.cfg file with notepad, and edit the resolution lines to meet the figures you want. That should do the trick

make sure v sync is turned off

How high can you crank the screen resolution (for windows)?
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

i cant choose my resolution ingame in the options and changin the resolution in the preferences.cfg sile only makes the game crash at startup with a "unspecified error".

what's wrong with v-sync? does it make the game lag in battle?

under 720p, the best fit for my lcd screen is 1200x676. if i put it at 1080i, its way more than that. Wen i put my video settings(nvidia display) to 1080i and run the game, all my screen resolutions are listed under screen resolution in the video options in the game. where as if it was in 720p with the resolution of 1200x676, it would run the game at 13##x768(i dont know what those two last numbers are) and the picture will run off screen.

ok nvm guys. thanks for the help anyways. i switched from hd components to dvi-hdmi cable. now some resolutions showed up ingame and there's one that actually works! sweet. now time to figure out how to open the damn console...