Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rome II units in Attila + tutorial

Default Re: Rome II units in Attila + tutorial

HELP! i followed your instructions and in PFM everything works perfectly but when i install the mod, the game crashes whyyyyy?

LucasMDL's Avatar Libertus

NICE!!

Unit cart!
    Boost their morale, attack a little bit also!!
    Thanks for the tutorial

P.S: AS i didn't make this unit, i took form another mod... i can't post this mod without their autorization! (personal use only)
    How to i put "spoiler alert" "show" in the pictures?
    Last edited by LucasMDL; February 26, 2015 at 11:26 AM.

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

I think they would be better as a later unit upgrade for the Legio and Comitatenes units if possible as remember you will be on the defence from beginning and building up your economy as by the time you've finished that and got later technologies then you will have unlocked these Rome II era Imperial units through research that should have the same stats as they did in Rome II who could be a match for The Huns in the later game.

It would be better if these units were available through reform through rather than re-skinning as you would have earned the right to use them after the struggles you have for the most of the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    I think they would be better as a later unit upgrade for the Legio and Comitatenes units if possible as remember you will be on the defence from beginning and building up your economy as by the time you've finished that and got later technologies then you will have unlocked these Rome II era Imperial units through research that should have the same stats as they did in Rome II who could be a match for The Huns in the later game.

It would be better if these units were available through reform through rather than re-skinning as you would have earned the right to use them after the struggles you have for the most of the campaign.
    Yeah that would be a cool feature to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu Of Belgium View Post
    Reskinned units + screenshots
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Legio Comitatenes

Eastern Armoured Legio

Legio

Link

And for those who want to do this themselves or with custom made units:

Tutorial
    1. Open PFM and create new file
    2. Add the necessary models, for vanilla Rome 2 units this is done by:
    files -> add -> from pack
    a new screen will open, go to your Rome 2 Data folder and select models_rome2.pack
    a new screen will open, expand models_rome2.pack (+ sign), expand variantmeshes, right click _variantmodels (good job you've just added the models )
    expand variantmeshdefinitions and double click the model/unit you want to use
    click ok
    3. Add the unit whoes model/skin you want to chance, for vanilla Attila units this is done by:
    files -> add -> from pack
    a new screen will open, go to your Attila Data folder and select models.pack
    a new screen will open, expand models.pack (+ sign), expand variantmeshdefinitions and double click the model/unit you want to change (huzay we've got all the files we need )

Now the editing begins

4. Right click the Rome II unit under variantleshdefinitions and click open -> as text
    5. Copy the whole thing on the right hand side
    6. Right click the Attila unit you want to change and click open -> as text
    7. select everything and paste it over
    8. Save it
    9. Congragulations you just changed the unit, go and enjoy

Now the first times this can all be very confusing and dificult, but it gets easier the more times you try.
    If you want to change other units, I would say you should try it, if it don't work or you hit some hard spots I (and a lot of other members I think) are willing to give a helping hand

Some people have asked me if this works for units from mod as well, I can say it does
    Can I just ask... does the armour shine like the vanilla Attila armours or not because it is take from Rome 2. I ask this as I am not if the glittering effect is from the shaders of Attila or the models themselves.
    Thanks,
    Petellius

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post

I'll look what I can do in the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Can I just ask... does the armour shine like the vanilla Attila armours or not because it is take from Rome 2. I ask this as I am not if the glittering effect is from the shaders of Attila or the models themselves.
    Thanks,
    Petellius
    I have the impression that there is less shine than in Rome

Quote Originally Posted by LucasMDL View Post

NICE!!

Unit cart!
    Boost their morale, attack a little bit also!!
    Thanks for the tutorial

P.S: AS i didn't make this unit, i took form another mod... i can't post this mod without their autorization! (personal use only)
    How to i put "spoiler alert" "show" in the pictures?
    spoiler alert ==> the ! on the lowest bar

Nice , had any problems porting them?

Downloaded - took 40 min and places unzipped file in Attila data file. Activated in mod manager and bingo ........ Nothing happens. No Rome 2 Roman units to be found ...
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

So are you also going to import the rome 2 buildings etc..because all I am seeing is a direct Rome 2 port and see no point in doing this as I would rather play rome 2 which has all the correct assets?

Correct me if am wrong here, but I don't get what your trying to achieve by just porting units over? Good job anyways as I am sure there are modders planning stuff on the Attila engine etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu Of Belgium View Post
    spoiler alert ==> the ! on the lowest bar

Nice , had any problems porting them?
    I had the same problem the other user were... my legionares were invisible, only with armour visible...
    But solve it!

I am working on some nice mod right now!

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    Downloaded - took 40 min and places unzipped file in Attila data file. Activated in mod manager and bingo ........ Nothing happens. No Rome 2 Roman units to be found ...
    The unit cards aren't changed so maybe you didn't recognize them, do you use any other mods that change skins?

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    So are you also going to import the rome 2 buildings etc..because all I am seeing is a direct Rome 2 port and see no point in doing this as I would rather play rome 2 which has all the correct assets?

Correct me if am wrong here, but I don't get what your trying to achieve by just porting units over? Good job anyways as I am sure there are modders planning stuff on the Attila engine etc...
    No I won't do that. I consider myself an avarage modder with work good enough for myself but not for the community. That's why I'll leave that to my betters (like yourself ).

As for the reason I made this: some people asked in a thread if it was possible, I answered it probably was, thinking some would try themselves. Instead over the next days I received multiple PM's asking me to import Rome II legionnaires to Attila. So I decided to make this thread, releasing those units and making some sort of tutorial to help those who want to try to this themselves.
    Last edited by Mathieu Of Belgium; February 27, 2015 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post

I created a topic asking for this to happen!
    My ideia was making these legionarys a special force! Something unique!

You should use your imagination! if you are those who need to be historical accurate this is not for you!

peace

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Awesome!

To make this really cool though, a tech could be inserted into the tech tree that enable this as an upgrade or something. Like "former glory" or something similar.

Ok lets say that I find time in the weekend to improve this futher (introducing them through technology) then what are your thoughts on:
    1. where should this technology be exactly (middle tier, third tier, final tier)
    2. should these be new units (recruitable alongside the vannila legionnaires) or merely upgrades?
    3. how should they be stat wise?

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LucasMDL View Post
    I created a topic asking for this to happen!
    My ideia was making these legionarys a special force! Something unique!

You should use your imagination! if you are those who need to be historical accurate this is not for you!

peace
    My imagination is historical so this mod is not for me then.

Ok lets say that I find time in the weekend to improve this futher (introducing them through technology) then what are your thoughts on:
    1. where should this technology be exactly (middle tier, third tier, final tier)
    2. should these be new units (recruitable alongside the vannila legionnaires) or merely upgrades?
    3. how should they be stat wise?
    Late tier I would say, and I would make them separate from the regular upgrade system. Make them a unit pack basically, to be used alongside normal troops. As for stats, perhaps equal to ERE armored legionaries only with better Armour and shield value. Maybe 10 or 15 more Armour and 5-10 more shield strength/blocking chance.
    Last edited by the herald; February 27, 2015 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the herald View Post
    Late tier I would say, and I would make them separate from the regular upgrade system. Make them a unit pack basically, to be used alongside normal troops. As for stats, perhaps equal to ERE armored legionaries only with better Armour and shield value. Maybe 10 or 15 more Armour and 5-10 more shield strength/blocking chance.

My PFM freezed - not responding - everytimes I tried to "expand variantmeshdefinitions and double click the model/unit you want to use - click OK". It's my 1st time tried to mod, any idea gentlements?

... turns out my IQ or english is below average so could you please make youtube tutorial video? also i wanna duplicate 1 units 3 time. with different men number, upkeep and recruit cost. Also is there any chance could you teach me/us how to make new SKILL? Thanks

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Nice work, but as Toon said not for me. But it does make me think of possibilities

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast