Link
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And for those who want to do this themselves or with custom made units:

Tutorial
    1. Open PFM and create new file
    2. Add the necessary models, for vanilla Rome 2 units this is done by:
    files -> add -> from pack
    a new screen will open, go to your Rome 2 Data folder and select models_rome2.pack
    a new screen will open, expand models_rome2.pack (+ sign), expand variantmeshes, expand _variantmodels, right click man (good job you've just added the models )
    expand variantmeshdefinitions and double click the model/unit you want to use
    click ok
    3. Add the unit whoes model/skin you want to chance, for vanilla Attila units this is done by:
    a new screen will open, go to your Attila Data folder and select models.pack
    a new screen will open, expand models.pack (+ sign), expand variantmeshdefinitions and double click the model/unit you want to change (huzay we've got all the files we need )

Now the editing begins

4. Right click the Rome II unit under variantleshdefinitions and click open -> as text
    5. Copy the whole thing on the right hand side
    6. Right click the Attila unit you want to change and click open -> as text
    7. select everything and paste it over
    8. Save it
    9. Congragulations you just changed the unit, go and enjoy

Now the first times this can all be very confusing and dificult, but it gets easier the more times you try.
    If you want to change other units, I would say you should try it, if it don't work or you hit some hard spots I (and a lot of other members I think) are willing to give a helping hand

Some people have asked me if this works for units from mod as well, I can say it does
    Last edited by Mathieu Of Belgium; February 27, 2015 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Link is out!

Default Re: Rome II units in Attila + tutorial

Oh god this is epic! This is great news for all of us who would love to see Rome II rebuild in Attila

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu Of Belgium View Post
    Reskinned units + screenshots
    Legio Comitatenes

Eastern Armoured Legio

Legio

Link
    Coming very soon

And for those who want to do this themselves or with custom made units:

Tutorial
    1. Open PFM and create new file
    2. Add the necessary models, for vanilla Rome 2 units this is done by:
    a new screen will open, go to your Rome 2 Data folder and select models_rome2.pack
    a new screen will open, expand models_rome2.pack (+ sign), expand variantmeshes, right click _variantmodels (good job you've just added the models )
    expand variantmeshdefinitions and double click the model/unit you want to use
    click ok
    3. Add the unit whoes model/skin you want to chance, for vanilla Attila units this is done by:
    a new screen will open, go to your Attila Data folder and select models.pack
    a new screen will open, expand models.pack (+ sign), expand variantmeshdefinitions and double click the model/unit you want to change (huzay we've got all the files we need )

Now the editing begins

4. Right click the Rome II unit under variantleshdefinitions and click open -> as text
    5. Copy the whole thing on the right hand side
    6. Right click the Attila unit you want to change and click open -> as text
    7. select everything and paste it over
    8. Save it
    9. Congragulations you just changed the unit, go and enjoy

Now the first times this can all be very confusing and dificult, but it gets easier the more times you try.
    If you want to change other units, I would say you should try it, if it don't work or you hit some hard spots I (and a lot of other members I think) are willing to give a helping hand
    THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! Me love you long time haha.

Link is out

Senator

This is awesome, though when trying to do it myself, the model is there no problems, however there is no man inside the armor.

Quote Originally Posted by zonks40 View Post
    This is awesome, though when trying to do it myself, the model is there no problems, however there is no man inside the armor.
    can you upload the variantmeshdefinition (the number 6 in the tutorial?)

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu Of Belgium View Post
    can you upload the variantmeshdefinition (the number 6 in the tutorial?)
    Yeah, I open the Rome 2 unit as text, Select all the info, and Ctrl C, then open the Atilla unit as text, select all the info, then Ctrl V, it all goes into place, it could be the particular custom unit pack I'm trying to use.

I originally tried getting a unit from the models_rome2.pack, but importing the models crashes the PFM, which is 3.51, tried setting the game as both Rome 2 and Atilla with the same result.

Why the hell is the file 708 mb size? thats sound like way to much for just a reskin

Quote Originally Posted by Wahlinskji View Post
    Why the hell is the file 708 mb size? thats sound like way to much for just a reskin
    Because I've imported a lot of vanilla rome 2 models. Probally more than I should have, but it didn't work when I didn't import then all

Quote Originally Posted by zonks40 View Post
    Yeah, I open the Rome 2 unit as text, Select all the info, and Ctrl C, then open the Atilla unit as text, select all the info, then Ctrl V, it all goes into place, it could be the particular custom unit pack I'm trying to use.

I originally tried getting a unit from the models_rome2.pack, but importing the models crashes the PFM, which is 3.51, tried setting the game as both Rome 2 and Atilla with the same result.
    It could be that you tried importing to much at once. What unit are you trying? I'll give it a go otherwise.
    Last edited by Mathieu Of Belgium; February 25, 2015 at 11:46 AM.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Wahlinskji View Post
    I would image it's the models, the whole Rome2_models.pack is 4GB total.

I got the Models_Rome2.pack to open, it just took a few minutes, however this time I have bodies, but other missing parts, white shield, no legs below the knee, helmets missing, and my new mod was about 3.5 GB
    I think I'll just download your mod, I would have liked to have been able to do it myself as my boy would love to have classical Roman units in our Head to head game, but then again we can't spoil our kids too much
    Last edited by zonks40; February 25, 2015 at 11:54 AM.

Just curious will this also work with unit skins and hair such as beards and Greek character skins?

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Wow !! This would be incredible if we could have a mod with the main Rome 2 units for custom battles

Just clicked on the link and downloaded the file

how about adding units as appose to replacing them ?

I cant download the mod it says authorized download but nothing happens.

EDIT: It was mediafire problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Volgat View Post
    Just curious will this also work with unit skins and hair such as beards and Greek character skins?
    yes it could be done, pm me if you have some specific units in mind

Senator

Thank you, that's what I wanted to know. So it's possible. Perhaps I will buy Attila sooner than planned now.

Hey Mathieu Of Belgium so I have been following your instructions and have put in some skins from Rome 2 to Attila. I ran into a problem with inplimenting the Spartan face skin to my units. When I get into the game the faces are all distorted except for the cammander of the units face. Do you know what would cause this problem?

Senator

Got it working now, Have managed to get Praetorian Guards as a General unit for West Rome, thank you for making this info available, it's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Volgat View Post
    Hey Mathieu Of Belgium so I have been following your instructions and have put in some skins from Rome 2 to Attila. I ran into a problem with inplimenting the Spartan face skin to my units. When I get into the game the faces are all distorted except for the cammander of the units face. Do you know what would cause this problem?
    Honestly I have no idea, I've found that the actual bodies causes the most problems when porting, I've had mutiple troubles with them from missing heads to blue heads, my "solution" is more a work around I just use a new skin. (As some of you may have noticed the Legionaires use Greek faces instead of Romans)
    I hope this was helpfull

Quote Originally Posted by Dicer View Post
    how about adding units as appose to replacing them ?
    Not going to happen anytime soon, I suck at balacing units and implenting them in a building chain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast