I vote for Diocletian!
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: - INVASIO BARBARORVM III -

Diocletian is being covered in the IB mod "Restituror Orbis" which should release... I want to say "soon" but every time it's been "soon" it hasn't soo... eventually.

cant you just send some pics of what you have so far?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I think you fail to understand, there is nothing so far but what you see in the OP (as far as I know). The team is not actively working on this project, it's on the backburner until other projects are completed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I just bought TW: Attila, so I'm probably going to play around with scripting it.

So, nearly a year after you proclamation, is there has been a concrete beginning of this project?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I haven't been kept in the loop if there has been.

Willing to make some new units for your team if interested pm me

Are you still discussing about that project, or everything is halted?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Again, I don't even know. I haven't seen anything on the mod they were working on (Restituror Orbis) and now they've announced a new mod (Imperium Constantini) for RTW: BI.

I don't have the scripting knowledge to work with Attila, the code is completely different from what I'm used to and I don't understand it at all. Otherwise quite frankly I'd move IBUR to Attila Total War, as part of IBIII.

Well i guess it was more a wish than a real project. Sadly it seems that Attila won't be moded as RTW has been : very deeply....
    Magister, is IBUR still a goal ??????

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

It's still a goal, but I do kind of want to do it on a newer platform instead of BI. But, again, I don't have the coding skills for Attila.

Well, if you don't want anymore to design it on BI without knowing how to code for Attila, it's gonna be hard to see it one day !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I decided to just do some ideas for faction starts:

So why the start dates I picked?
    429: The Vandals invade Africa
    441: Attila the Hun and his brother Ruga (the senior King) invade the Eastern Roman Empire (presumably in dispute over control of Pannonia II... long theory I haven't published yet)
    450: Attila the Hun begins his march West (Battle of Chalons, obvious reason).

Color and Related Faction:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Red: Imperium Romanum Pars Occidentis
    Reddish-Brown: Lahkmides
    Deep Red (Bactria): Kidarites (Formerly Parthia)
    Pale Red (Spain, Raetia): Bacaudae (Formerly Roman Emergent Factions)
    Bright Red: Britannia
    Pink: Langobardi
    Light Purple: Rugii
    Purple: Imperium Romanum Pars Orientis
    Deep Purple: Thoringii (Thuringians)
    Deep Blue: Sabiri
    Blue: Salii (Franks)
    Cyan: Eranshahr (Sassanid Empire)
    Medium Blue: Scirii
    Light Blue: Litauia (Not sure whom they will be converted from)
    Cobalt: Alamanni
    Teal: Amali (Ostrogoths)
    Deep Green: Varkhionitai (Eurasian Avars)
    Forest Green: Gepidae
    Green: Picti
    Bright Green: Ebdani
    Yellow-Green: Caledonii
    Sickly Green: Suebes
    Lime Green: Mauri
    Yellow: Tetraxitae (Formerly the Grethungi)
    Yellow-Orange: Saxones
    Pale Orange: Angles
    Orange: Balthi (Formerly Visigoths)
    Brown: Vandali
    Pale: Alani
    Grey: Huna
    Light Grey: Hepthaltites (Formerly White Huns)

429 Start Date:

Note: Alans would start as horde (allied to Romans of course), Vandals wold have several armies in Mauretania Tingitania and Mauretania Caesariensis

441 Start Date:

450 Start Date:

The other major point of these start dates was to feature Attila as the main character, really. Scripted events would be necessary: the Death of Octar (430), the Death of Ruga (439), the Assassination of Bleda (445), etc.

The other main character, in contrast to Attila, would of course be Aetius. Gaiseric and Theodoric the Visigoth would be important too.

Some other interesting starts could be 436 (The Visigothic War/Destruction of the Burgundians by the Huns), 425 (The Roman civil war, Aetius comes to power with Hunnic support), etc.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; February 26, 2016 at 09:15 AM.

Good job Joar
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnadiw26 View Post
    Good job Joar
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Majorien View Post
    So, nearly a year after you proclamation, is there has been a concrete beginning of this project?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Are you still discussing about that project, or everything is halted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Again, I don't even know. I haven't seen anything on the mod they were working on (Restituror Orbis) and now they've announced a new mod (Imperium Constantini) for RTW: BI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorien View Post
    Well i guess it was more a wish than a real project. Sadly it seems that Attila won't be moded as RTW has been : very deeply....
    Hi guys,

It's true that the development of IBIII is not our priority at the moment. We are in the final stages of several other mod projects, both for IB and IBII, and to halt the advance on those to devote time for IBIII is not an option. Even if it takes time, the IB team prides itself in finishing what we've started.

I also like to clarify that IMPERIVM CONSTANTINI is not a new mod. It's just as old as RO, and something we've been working on simultaneously right from the start. The only thing that's new is that instead of releasing it alongside RO, it will now be released on its own. RO will still feature an Aurelian campaign, as well as a Diocletian campaign.

There's been no talk of canceling IBIII, but at the same time we have no desire to lie and say that IBIII is right around the corner, because it's not.

That's all for now.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I hope that we will be able to enjoy this project soon!
    Thessalonike in Galerius time (311AD) , in Theodossian times new walls (similar to Constantinople's) replaced those.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    Thanks!

Hi guys,

It's true that the development of IBIII is not our priority at the moment. We are in the final stages of several other mod projects, both for IB and IBII, and to halt the advance on those to devote time for IBIII is not an option. Even if it takes time, the IB team prides itself in finishing what we've started.

I also like to clarify that IMPERIVM CONSTANTINI is not a new mod. It's just as old as RO, and something we've been working on simultaneously right from the start. The only thing that's new is that instead of releasing it alongside RO, it will now be released on its own. RO will still feature an Aurelian campaign, as well as a Diocletian campaign.

There's been no talk of canceling IBIII, but at the same time we have no desire to lie and say that IBIII is right around the corner, because it's not.

That's all for now.
    Yeah thank you for your assurance and clarification Joar,take your time Joar and the rest of IB I & II team,because yours mod is worth of waiting [emoji1]
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    Thanks!

Hi guys,

That's all for now.
    Thanks Joar.

I'm gonna keep doing some concepts and stuff for this mod, just to keep myself entertained and keep people interested and knowing that this mod exists.

Charerg's Avatar Citizen

I think an "Africa Vandalorum" style campaign using the Age of Charlemagne map could be interesting. You'd have a more limited scope, but it could help to focus on a smaller selection of factions, since that would allow a release at a far swifter timetable than attempting to rework the entire Grand Campaign.

For a more character-centric Aetius campaign it could actually be pretty ideal, with a scripted Hunnic invasion.